Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Am just married and in first night I have inserted my finger to my wife but there was blood. Is this normal? Should I consult doc?
The human body requires the basic nutrients for its normal functioning which are carbohydrates, fats and proteins. However, there are certain vital vitamins and minerals too, that are equally important because these help in maintaining the proper health of a human body in various ways. One such vitamin is vitamin b complex of which, there is a crucial vitamin known as vitamin b12 or scientifically called as cobalamin.
Functions of vitamin b12: Vitamin b12 plays a major role by controlling several factors of the human body. These are necessary for the body to run well and stay healthy. Some of the key functions of vitamin b12 are listed below:
It is responsible for the conversion of raw carbohydrate matter that enters into the body in the form of food into glucose that is the driving energy for the body. Therefore, in a way it helps to keep the continuity of energy production in the human body and its deficiency, therefore, can lead to fatigue or weakness. Every single nature of human cells is related to the dna and rna that define the genetics and hereditary factors of a human body. Vitamin b12 assists in the creation of this dna and rna. Vitamin b12 also helps in the production of nerve cells in the human body by maintaining the covering of the nerve cells or neurones known as the myelin sheaths. This helps to free the body from the reach of toxins and free radicals that can be very harmful to the human body. Hence, any shortage of vitamin b12 can damage the nerve cells in a considerable manner. The bones of the human body need vitamin b12 as well and any deficiency of vitamin b12 can cause osteoporosis and other bone issues. Vitamin b12 in association with another vitamin known as vitamin b9 (folate or folic acid) helps in the manufacture of red blood cells that help in impressive iron functioning, which is the main oxygen carrier of the human blood. Quite evidently, its deficiency can lead to shortness of breath and other breathing disorders. Even heart requires an adequate amount of vitamin b12 along with vitamin b6 and vitamin b9 so that appropriate levels of amino acid named homocysteine are produced that is a deciding factor in heart diseases. Vitamin b12 is an essential component affecting the brain health too, and any deficiency of vitamin b12 can often lead to various brain disorders such as alzheimer’s disease and the like.
In fact, vitamin b12 has also been found to regulate mood and emotions of humans. Above all, vitamin b12 is vital for keeping an individual happy and healthy by revitalising the body cells and making him or her feel youthful and vibrant all the time.
For more updates consult homeopathic physician.
If any girl take tablets for avoiding periods and after that periods not comes then she required to do?
I have a irregular of periods, hair growth on the face, and started put on weight and now I'm 72+ weighing, I have already consulted a doctor they tell only way is to reduce weight, but I tried but I don't loose weight, please guide me some suggestions or any natural medicine.
I had unprotected sex on 14th nov 2015 and took an emergency contraceptive ipill within an hour. I was supposed to get my periods on 18th nov. But on 23rd nov I had light bleeding for two days (Instead of the usual 3 days). I have not got my periods again till now in dec 23rd or jan. 23rd I have taken multiple home pregnancy tests over the weeks and all have turned out negative. I visited a doctor who prescribed meprate (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate I. P. 10mg) as a five day course. One tablet in the morning and one in the evening for 5 days. I am on the 3rd day of the course. Please explain what meprate does also, could I be pregnant? If I am not when can I expect my period?
Hello doctor during monthly period time I have low abdominal pain which can't make to walk straightly or to stand n sit anywhere kindly prescribe me the best homeopathic medicine which make to over come from this pain as it disturb me n give uncomfortableness in my busy life thx.
I have period cramps every month what should I do to get rid of it. Is there any pain killer to use on those times.
I am 22 years unmarried girl. I have absent periods my last period was in december. Later whenever I take tabs I get periods else I wont get. Recently I have visited my gynecologist she took hormones test where in the leutinizing hormone was 14.92 which she said was slight higher and she gave me tabs and asked to continue til 3 months. If this leutinizing hormone is high what does it mean is there any disease? I have very bloated stomach and sometimes pain too. Is there any chance of any type of cancer bcz when I browsed it is giving that the bloated stomach and absent periods can be the signs of any type of cancer. please do reply am worried. Thank you in advance.
1. Our common spice clove contains one of the highest levels of Oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) per 100 gram: >300, 000.
2. Much neglected grain jowar (sorghum), its bran has 240, 000 and grain has 21, 900
3. Spice: cinnamon 131, 420
4. Spice: turmeric 127, 068
5. Spice: ginger 39, 041
6. Spice: chili 23, 636 powder
7. Spice: garlic 6, 665 powder
8. Spice: onion 4, 289 powder
9. Chatni leaves: coriander 5, 141
10. Nut: almond 4, 454
11. Fruits: pomegranates raw 4, 479
12. Strawberries, raw 4, 302
13. Apples, red delicious, raw with skin 4, 275
Age 38 yrs, prolactin 1.2,TSH 3.54,thyroglobulin 14, AMH 6.8 ,wt is 56 kg else all other reports normal. Six months marriage. Is there any fertility issue? Progesterone on 21 day is 40.
It is a known fact that the human body requires natural sugar for it to have energy and benefit the body but, when examined, It was found that we consume more of refined sugar. Foods that we buy from markets or shops outside contains large quantities of this refined component but once we know what happens to our body and choose to stop eating sugar completely, those mouth-watering savories will no longer allure us.
Read on to know what happens to your body when you ignore sugar completely-
- Glow with the healthy glossy skin: Those pastry donuts and sweets will tempt you for sure, but once you cut them of blatantly, you are bound to notice a vibrant glow on your skin. This is because sugar tends to disrupt the elastin content and intervenes with collagen buildup.
- High on energy: Excess sugar consumption tends to make you feel fatigued and sluggish. So ignoring it can give you the power you deserve. Also, it does reduce your chances of having diabetes to almost half.
- Vibrant Mood: It might seem paradoxical, but it is true. Having chocolates or sweets can make us feel happy, but the feeling is temporary. On the longer and more permanent page, once you overcome the craving phase you will notice a change in your mood. Excess sugar intake can cause a short circuit in the brain giving rise to anxiety disorders and even schizophrenia. Sugar inhibits the secretion of dopamine transporter as well.
- More Active: Sugar has a relation with joint pain. It tends to increase inflammation and joint pain making the autoimmune disorder even worse. The more sugar content there is in your body, the more will be insulin levels. This increased insulin is the key cause of pain and inflammation. Stopping sugar completely will get you rid of this completely. You feel much more active and healthy.
- Quality Sleep: If you cut down sugar intake you can have a better sleep. This is because cutting of sugar has link-ups to getting relief from insomnia.
- Balanced weight: When you cut down sugar intake, you consume a lot less calorie thus making your system free of harmful substances and toxins. Sugary foods contain carbohydrates and fat contents that make your body obese and tired. Removing sugar will help you gain a balanced weight and make you fat-free which in its course is a relief as you shun of majority risks of having ailments related to weight issues.
Quitting sugar completely can be a real-time pain as it is almost a primeval addiction more like smoking but once it is shunned of you can experience and feel the bliss that you will be going through. Make your life healthy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I'm suffering from irregular periods and doctors told me that it is pcod wat is the solution for pcod.
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately. In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
- Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation. Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
- Intrauterine insemination: In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the most fertile period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days. Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
- In vitro fertilization: This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialists.