Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamta Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pcod. Now I am on my periods second time same month and there is no bleeding only clots types which is brown is coming out what should I do now? in tge sense should I continue with the tablets?
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
I had a miscarriage last month. I was 5 months pregnant and due to cervical incompetence I lost my baby. And after my pre-term delivery I bleed for 21 to 23 days. Now when will my next periods start?
Hello mam, When I intercourse with my husband why serum will come out after keeping pillow. .how to get pregnant fast??
I usf termipil kit tablet. I got periods. Till how many days bleeding wil occur, and I have severe lower stomach pain. Please give me suggestions.
Getting your periods for the very first time can be daunting. Especially if you have never been educated about it and you are far away from home and you have no clue about what is going on. The overbearing pain from stomach cramping does not make it any better. It is always good to be on the safe side and keep yourself educated about it.
What is your first period?
Periods are a very natural part of your life as a woman. It happens when the body of a girl undergoes changes and starts maturing into a woman. It happens when blood is expelled out of your uterus to set up your body for maturation and pregnancy. Since your body is transforming, you can get pregnant (and just before your first period as well).
Your period happens once per month and as a rule, lasts between 2-7 days, however, it might take a couple of months for your period to be consistent; the initial few might be light and sporadic. You may think that it is helpful to monitor your period every month, to see when it is expected and when it arrives.
Indications of period
Around the season of your first period, your body shape will get to be distinctly curvier, your hips and bosoms will enhance. You will likewise see more hair developing in new places, under your arms and around your vagina. These are all typical changes and a part of growing up.
What can be the questions which are frequently asked?
Q1 When will you get them?
A. A women hits puberty the age of 12. So you may expect it anytime between 12-16 years of age. Sometimes it is likely for you to get it prior to this age as well.
Q2 How long can it last?
A. Initially your periods may not be regular and it lasts from 5-12 days. But with age, your cycle is likely to get regular and it can get over within 3 days.
Q3 What to do when I get it?
A. Firstly, you must not panic. Go tell a teacher or a parent or any elderly and they will surely help you.
Q4 How do I manage it?
A. There are several options. You can either use sanitary napkins, menstrual cups or tampons.
Q5 Is it possible to exercise or go swimming?
A. Yes, absolutely. If you use hygiene products such as tampons or menstrual cups, you can normally do your activities.
Q6 Does it hurt?
A. Unfortunately, sometimes it does. This happens because the muscles in your uterus are cramping. It usually gets better from the 2nd day of your period.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!