Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamta Sharma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am getting married later this month. We don't want kids for atleast the next 3 years. I have consulted Gynecologist for the best birth control options and she said that pills are not good in the long run and suggested that we use condoms. When it's going to be monogamous relationship then there's no question of STDs as well. Based on what I have read on the internet, modern hormonal pills are safe and there should not be any problems with it. I am now confused. What to do ? Should I consult another Gynecologist ? OR is she right about side-effects of pills ?
I'm 6month pregnant but doc advise bed rest but we had sex last night does it can be a problem we were out of control that day now im tensed about my baby.
I am 22years old 3months ago I was diagnosed with PCOD what precautions should I take and was is the treatment for it? It may be life long or cured? In future do I conceive? And my past history - I hv hypo thyroid since 7years using 125mcg?
I am 24 years old and have 8 week pregnancy and still there is no heart beat pls suggest me. Is there any chances?
Hi, I am 33 year old working married woman having 9 year old son. I have monthly painful & heavy periods, currently I did sonography and result is Globuar Uterus with heterogeneous Myometrium as described suggest possibility of adenomyosis. Doctor suggested me for hysterectomy. Please let me know is this the only treatment for this and LAPAROSCOPIC or open surgery which is best option.
Although the cause of over 60% of birth defects are not known, there are things that you can do to help ensure optimal health for your baby.
There are a number of things you can do to increase the probability of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Some are more challenging than others because they may require that you break bad habits, but it is worth your effort.
Here are a variety of tips you can use to prevent birth defects as you contemplate starting or adding to your family:
- The first and foremost tip is maintaining preconception health; eating well balanced and nutritional meals, and taking a multivitamin daily that includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid.
- If you are sexually active and pregnancy is a possibility, make sure you take a multivitamin daily, which includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid and other essential B vitamins.
- Avoid all activities that could potentially lead to birth defects, including alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, and caffeine.
- Seek an annual gynecological and wellness exam.
- Obtain genetic counseling and birth defect screening, particularly if you have any family history of birth defects or if you are 35 years of age or older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist