Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta MittalYour feedback matters!
Hi. Doctor. My wife s pregnant. She s n her 3rd month. Wen we can start having our sex nd wt position s best. Tes time!
When is the correct time for sex, without any risk, is it after period, or before period, when does the girl become pregnant. Is bathing good after doing sex.
We think that the recent scientific discoveries have benefited our life and health to a great extent. But do we have any idea that how good our ancient Ayurveda Science is and how good it can act in solving our several health related issues?
No wonder, most of us do not know. But yes, Ayurvedic medicines are much beneficial without the side effects that most of the synthetic drugs discovered these days possess.
In this article, we will discuss on Bhringraaj and how good it is for our health.
Bhringraaj Powder and Its Benefits
- Liver health: You can possess a good liver health with Bhringraaj powder as this consists of flavonoids and other chemicals like wedelolactone. Jaundice and hepatitis can be cured by consuming this powder in prescribed doses.
- Anti microbial properties: Bhringraaj has antimicrobial effects. It can resist almost nine bacterial strains.
- Tooth ache: Bhringraaj is a very good relief from a toothache. Just rub the powder on the gums and see the result in some time. The ethanolic extract and alkaloids help in this pain relief.
- Treats upset stomach: If you are suffering from an upset stomach, then this powder can help you. The various organic and chemical compounds present in bhringraaj help in this natural treatment.
- Respiratory problem treatment: If you get an infection in your respiratory tract, then consuming Bhringraaj powder can treat the infection and remove phlegm from your respiratory tract.
- Hair health: Bhringraaj powder is good for hair health. If you are suffering from baldness, then this powder can stimulate the hair follicles thus re-growing hair.
- Eye health: Some chemical compounds are formed in our body that creates cataract and other eye problems. But Bhringraaj powder has some neutralizing power, which damages the free radicals causing such ailments.
- Heart health: Bhringraaj powder can help in reducing cholesterol level and prevent heart ailments. Though not strongly proved, still it is thought that the diuretic effects of Bhringraaj help in this remedy.
- Cancer prevention: Bhringraaj powder is a fantastic solution for liver cancer. It stops cancer cells from proliferating and spreading.
- Treats cholera: If Bhringraaj powder is consumed three times a day for three days, then it is likely to cure cholera.
- Relieves body ache: Body ache is relieved if the powder is consumed according to a prescribed dose.
- Treats ulcer: Applying Bhringraaj powder on the ulcers can cure it magically.
How to use: You can cook your food with this powder. The best part is that it does not have any side effects, but is loaded with benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello Doctor, I am trying for baby but my periods are not regular. I already taken medication in noida. But nothing work out. Kindly advice how I can make my period regular. Right now I am taking Fol- xt and Normoz since may.
Hello sir. I want to discuss about my sex life. My sex life is not stable that why my married life is disturb. Pls guide me. We r also planning for baby but not succeed.
Sir, I am 25 years old and married. My hsg test shows that left tube is blocked. My Dr. Told me to do lap. Is this is more suitable for get conceive after lap.
The onset of winter lowers temperatures and also initiates the loss of moisture from your body due to dryness. In this season, your body requires more fluids to eliminate possibilities of chapped lips, acne, flaky skin and dry cough. So, to cope with the reduced moisture level of your body, the right amount of water intake is necessary.
How does your body lose water even when you sweat less?
Winter, unlike the other seasons of the year, is devoid of hot, sunny days, but that doesn’t mean that your body is free from water loss. Generally, heat generated by furnaces, heaters and fires are the reasons behind sweating in winter. Also, water leaves your body during winters through the steamy breath you exhale when exposed to lower temperatures.
What are the risks of drinking less water in winters?
Dehydration in winters can negatively affect your body, ranging from causing common cold or flu to serious issues like stroke. Moreover, when your body lacks hydration, you may experience bizarre appetite patterns. This is caused due to the fact that less fluid consumption results in lack of energy in the body. This leads your body towards utilising the available fat for energy, making you thirsty, which is often misunderstood as hunger.
So how much water should you drink on cold winter days?
The amount of water intake required in winter varies from person to person due to the difference in gender and physical activities performed by a person throughout the day. However, amount of water intake in winters may be approximated as follows:
1. For Men: 8 to 10 glasses of water consumption per day is ideal for men with normal activity levels
2. For Women: Commonly, women should drink between 6 to 8 glasses of water throughout the day to keep themselves healthy
3. For Men Who Workout: Men with a regular exercise regime should have a raised water consumption amount of 10 to 14 glasses every day
4. For Women Who Workout: Women who exercise daily should increase their water intake to 8 to 12 glasses each day
5. For Lactating Mothers: In case of lactating/breast feeding mothers, 7 to 10 glasses of water intake per day is considered to be ideal
Sticking to these many glasses a day during winters can prove to be difficult for people facing extreme climates; but there are certain things you can do to increase your water consumption.
How can you increase your water consumption?
There are numerous ways, which let you increase your water consumption during winters without directly drinking water. These are-
1. Include more water based fruits (watermelons, pineapples, grapes etc) and vegetables (radish, spinach, cauliflower etc) in your daily diet to hydrate your body
2. Train yourself to drink water all through your workout session by timing your water intake at regular intervals
3. Have a bowl of hot soup before your meals to increase your intake of water
4. Use a humidifier to inhale moist air instead of the dry air prevalent during winter
Water intake plays a vital role in the proper functioning of the human body and is as important in winter as in other seasons.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
It is important to note that there are certain signs, which show that you may get an illness. If these signs and symptoms are taken seriously then most probably you will be able to get rid of the illness a lot sooner.
Here are 5 indicators that you may acquire an illness sooner than you think:
- Fatigue: Fatigue is not when you are tired after the day. It is characterized by being tired all the time or after very little work done. When you face fatigue, it is a sign you may be falling ill.
- Reduction in appetite: A reduction in appetite is never good. This is because a reduction in appetite is an indicator of many oncoming illnesses. These range from a simple cold all the way to a strep throat. Sometimes, a strep throat may also be the result of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is when a virus enters your stomach and causes diarrhea as well as vomiting. A reduction in appetite during summer can be normal. However, feeling nauseous or detesting food can mean that you are going to have one of the illnesses listed above.
- Muscle aches: Muscle aches are a common symptom of flu. This is because when you have flu, antibodies are released. When these antibodies produce histamines and cytokines, they may travel to muscles and trigger the pain receptors.
- Fever: A fever is the body's way of fighting infections. When you have a fever, it usually means the body is increasing its temperature to kill invading bacteria. Therefore, this is another way of knowing you have infections.
- Swollen neck glands: The neck glands are just below the jawbones. When these glands swell, it is a sign that you may be falling ill. Common illnesses, which may occur when you have swollen neck glands include ear infections, the common cold as well as skin infections. The reason why neck glands usually swell is because when there is an infection, the dead cells and bacteria accumulate in the neck glands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
5. Dark chocolate
7. Green tea
11. Oat meal
12. Red wine
14. Pomegranates or Anaar
and don't forget to work out at least 3 times a week.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My breast size is too big and i am really disturbed and worried about it ,how can i reduce it? and i am getting fatter day by day but my food intake is normal, am actually reducing it day by day, how can i reduce that too
I am just married and I want to know how I can sex with my wife without condom on ,not making her pregnant.
Hello mam, My preg confirmed on aug 28th 4 week 1 day pregnant. After 6 days of my pregnancy confirmed new guy misused me. AS Per doctor advise I understood that new sperm cannot enter in the existing pregnancy n will not change the dna. But my concern is did new egg will form n did new sperm catch that new egg n form a baby in the mean time my existing growth due to no growth it will get disappear? Im carrying only one baby Scan details below. Week 4 one day confirmed on august 28th 2015 New guy misused me in sep5th 2015 Week 6 and 3 days confirmed on sep 11th 2015 Week 12 confirmed on oct 16th 2015 Week 20 confirmed on dec 18th 2015 Feb 17th confirmed 30 weeks Due date on april 29th or 23rd april. Pls let me know.
Common Cause of Infertility in Males
Problems with male fertility can be caused by a number of health issues and medical treatments,we at India IVF Clinic have best treatment of male infertility. Some of these include:
• Ejaculation issues
• Antibodies that attack sperm
• Undescended testicles
• Hormone imbalances
• Sperm duct defects
• Chromosome defects
• Problems with sexual intercourse
• Certain medications
• Prior surgeries