Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta MishraYour feedback matters!
10 Extra Precautions Need To Be Taken After Cesarean Delivery:
A Cesarean Delivery is unlike normal (vaginal) delivery with fast recovery period. It usually takes four to six weeks for a woman to recover after a C-section.
1. Take Medications for Pain and Discomfort
After the anaesthesia wears off, you will feel pain and discomfort. On first doses, the pain medications will be given intravenously and then after a few days, they will be given orally. Take these medications piously.
2. Get Plenty of Rest and Sleep
Having ample amount of rest and sleep will get your strength back after the Caesarean Delivery. A tip is to fall asleep when your baby falls asleep too. Sleep with your baby especially in the first few weeks of recovery.
3. Ambulate Early
Early ambulation is important after a C-Section. Air may be trapped inside the stomach that causes pain. To relieve the pain and discomfort, mothers should start walking 24 hours after surgery. Sitting, standing and walking should be done in the next 24 hours as well. Fast recovery will be achieved after doing moderate physical activity.
4. Monitor Your Bleeding
Lochia bleeding is important to monitor in the first few weeks after the delivery. The lochia colour, consistency and amount should change over time.
5. Take Fibre-Rich Foods and Know What to Avoid
Fibre-rich foods are important in women recovering from Caesarean Delivery because they relieve constipation and gas formation. Fruits and vegetables are good source of fibre.
6. Learn How to Care for Your Wound
Wash your hands whenever you inspect your wound or change wound dressing. This is the best way to prevent infection. Watch out for signs of infections such as an oozing green discharge or red skin around the wound area. Call your doctor immediately.
7. Avoid Strenuous Activities
All physical activities should be limited in the first few weeks following a C-Section. Even after the sixth week or being fully recovered from the delivery, mothers are advised to refrain from overexertion.
8. Be Warned of Emotional Imbalance
Women are normally emotional after delivery because of hormonal changes. You must watch out if you become overly depressed and hopeless. This may be sign of emotional imbalance and may lead to postpartum depression.
9. Educate Yourself with Right Breastfeeding Techniques
There are different types of baby holding techniques for breastfeeding purpose. It is important to familiarize them and try it on your baby later on. The best advice is to be able to find which ones suit you and your baby the most.
10. Know When To Ring The Emergency Numbers
Secure your Obstetrician and Paediatrician’s numbers in case of emergency. Store them on your phone’s memory. Scribble them down on your notes or pin them on your fridge. You must call for help if you experience fever, flu, skin discoloration and difficulty breathing. Give your OB a ring if you notice green oozing discharges and red flashes on your wound area, smelly vagina, pain when urinating, abdominal pains, severe headache and chest pain.
Hello, My name is Sushma I am suffering from vaginal infection since from my delivery. I am cleaning my private parts also cleanly. I consulted a gynecologists before. She gave medicines to insert in to vagina. Then my problem is solved. But after few months again I started to face this problem. But present I have no discharge problem but I am facing only itching. Pls suggest me home remedies to permanently solve this problem.
Hey. Whenever I do micturition and come back. My vagina smells very bad. Like very bad. Despite that the colour of urine isn't yellow it's diluted enough. What should I do?
My gf's boobs are getting loose. What should I do? May I not press her boobs or not? Please tell me what is the solution? Is there any solution to make them shapeful?
Previous month I had a miscarriage due to cervical incompetence. Now my husband is having diabetes. Is it possible to get pregnant next time and how much time will it take for me to conceive and if I get pregnant is there any risk to me and my baby.
Hello, If one had sex with her girlfriend after intercourse the girl is feeling like she is pregnant in that condition what to do? She didn't want to pregnant.
After 4 days of my delivery ,I have pain and stretches in my breast. I am very worried. The same problem was I faced after my first delivery. What should I do? Then I was operated with surgery. Now I am not prepared for such a painful surgery. What should I do? Please tell me.
My wife aged 74 has pinching and pain in her vergina area urine culture is ok. No bp now she uses lubec ointment there but white some times come and pain didnot redused what medicine Dr.Suggest her wt. Is 58kg and ht is150.
Why do chapsticks make your lips drier?
The answer lies in the ingredients used. Chapsticks are composed of ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and glycerine, which make the lips drier. These suck the moisture out of your skin, especially during dry climate, which causes your lips to be even drier after using a chapstick.
For chapsticks to be effective, the ingredients used need to be offset by other ingredients, which can help in moisturising your lips. Chapsticks containing ingredients like beeswax, shea butter and various other essential oils help in creating a physical barrier, which prevents in the loss of moisture from your lips.
So what can you do to cure chapped lips?
Use chapsticks that contain natural ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax and essential oils along with hyaluronic acid and glycerine. Alternatively, drinking plenty of water in winters can prevent your lips from drying out.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Doctor I check my pregnancy its positive so I but pregnot kit and take a tablet from it at last night at 10: 30 pm but still my bleeding is not come and after how much time my bleeding took place and please tell me that how would I take rest of 4 tablet? Please help me immidately.
I have pcos. I don't understand that my ovulation test still positive for 3 days. What does that mean? Is this false positive?
Hi doctor I want to get pregnant my first baby. But I have ovarian cyst of 4.07*2.98cm I need to ask as ovarian cyst caused to prevalent pregnancy. How can I get pregnant if I have cyst. Please tell me Dr. Thanx
I am 31 years old not married. Last year I had a abortion after that my weight is increasing and earlier my period happen for 5 days but now it's only 3 days. So now there can be any problem in future in conceive again.
2o days before I had sex with my gf but bymistakly I put sperm into her l. We did not use condom .sperm directly entered into her. We check pregnancy test but it shows negative. But nw she is missing her periods .her period date was 17 but nw its 20 yet she did not got periods. So please tell us a necessary solutions for this. Plz.take this matter seriously please tell us some solutions. For getting periods what should do.
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?