Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta MishraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from head,neck n back pain since many years now, my mother n I felt it has something to do with my uterus and womb as I had a major operation years back. Im frustrated and tired of taking different treatments from different places for my pain. Dr.Mamta Mishra explained to me nicely that my problem has nothing to do with gynaecologist and she guided me where to go. She didn't even take her consultation fee saying that my problem is not her expertise. Dr.Mamta Mishra is one of the best doctor I have ever come across. There are many doctors who doesn't have patience and doesn't hear us out. Being a doctor, if they don't let us speak what we are going through, if they don't have patience to listen then how can they understand us? Dr.Mamta Mishra has the required qualities for a good doctor, she listens,understands n explain things nicely and politely and she is soft spoken too unlike many other doctors. I had a very good experience and wil recommend her to others in future.
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had sex for 1st time on 20th and took 2 unwanted 72 tabs out of fright. He ejaculated outside me and we stupidly used a plastic in place of condom. On 28th I had my periods which were due on 11th of next month. I have pcos so my periods r irregular further till last month I was on loette till 7th of this month but then I didn't renew due to some skin reactions to the pill. Why is this bleeding so early and am I pregnant?
An ectopic pregnancy takes place in the case when the completely fertilized egg attaches itself to a place outside the inner side of the uterus. Ectopic pregnancy is also called tubal pregnancy because in most cases, it takes place in the Fallopian tube. Usually, the Fallopian tubes are not responsible for holding an embryo, which keeps on growing. Hence, the egg has no scope to develop in the Fallopian tube. This problem must be treated as soon as possible to avoid further complications. Here are several ways of treating ectopic pregnancy.
- Expectant management: In case you are not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy or the pregnancy cannot be found, close observation is required. This is known as expectant management. You should conduct regular blood tests and follow them up in order to detect, whether the hCG level in your blood is ascending or descending. You are likely to have vaginal bleeding. Use pads and towels instead of tampons. Pain in your tummy is also indicated.
- Proper medication: In case ectopic pregnancy is detected at an early stage and constant monitoring is not suitable for you, a medicine by the name of methotrexate can be used for treatment. The medicine stops this pregnancy from developing. It is usually injected into your buttocks. Regular blood tests must be carried out to know how the treatment is taking shape on your condition. Trusted contraception measures should be taken for three months following the treatment as methotrexate is very harmful for an infant in case you become pregnant. Keep away from alcohol, as the combination of methotrexate with alcohol is harmful to the liver.
- Surgical means: The most common mode of surgery for removing ectopic pregnancy during an early stage is laparoscopy or keyhole surgery. While a laparoscopy is carried out, you will be in a state of anesthesia. A narrow tube or the laparoscope is inserted through surgical cuts in the tummy. The Fallopian tube, which had the ectopic pregnancy is totally removed in case the other Fallopian tube is functioning well. Else the pregnancy has to be somehow removed without cutting off the Fallopian tube. Removal of the Fallopian tube is the best remedy for treating ectopic pregnancy and getting pregnant again is also possible. It takes a normal woman almost six weeks to recover after the surgery. Laparotomy is another kind of surgery carried out to repair a ruptured Fallopian tube.
Is vagina can be loose inside without having sex. As during first intercourse my partner said your vagina is loose. Bt I never done sex before then how can be it is. Please given me answer.
If someone is having symptom. Of adrenal cancer. Does not it can be easily detected in ultrasound after six month?
Hello Dr. I am 36 yrs. I am five weeks pregnant, and This is my second child, and the first one is 6 years old. No history of complications, or miscarriages. My doctor prescribed sysfol folic acid tablet and susten 200 for me. She didn't do any tests, or test the progesterone level. Booked for an ultra sound and some normal tests after 15 days Although I read from the internet that this extra progesterone could be dangerous. Pls help!
On 24th June 2017, My dad advised my mom that he felt some swelling under lower abdominal and upper right thigh. Mom did some ideas massage (pain relief gel) but it was not worthful. On 1st July 2017, we went to our local hospital (Pahwa Hospital, Ludhiana, India), we met with a Doctor (MBBS, MD), he checked and advised to do Ultra sound test, CT Scan and Needle test. On 5th of July 2017, the local doctor advised me after seeing the reports, he has cancer and he recommended to go to the renowned oncologist in Ludhiana (forte hospital). On 11th of July 2017, dad was so weak that he could not stand, could not walk and he could not speak properly. So, we went to a known hospital where they gave antibiotics, paracetamol, glucose drips. In the CBC blood report, blood infection came out. After the antibiotics treatment, the fever is under control now. From yesterday, dad right leg is swelled from lower abdomen to the knee. All the things happened after needle test NFCA (fever, and more hard swelling). He can not move his right leg properly, he feels weak and sometimes pain in right leg. I read online that it is superficial Thrombophlebitis, anti-inflammatory tablets, cream, and gels can be applied or taken to reduce any pain Hope, my written details will give you enough idea regarding the problem. I am attaching all the reports with x-rays phone clicks and patient swelling leg photos. Please advise, to reduce the pain and swelling. Thanks.
Conversion disorder is a psychological disorder in which psychological conflicts get converted into physical symptoms.
The disease is also referred to as a functional neurological symptom disorder. In most cases, this disorder has an impact on your ability to move, your senses, vision, hearing capacity and ability to swallow.
The main cause behind the onset of a conversion disorder is generally a sudden traumatic event (real or imagined). This may also happen due to an emotional conflict or any other mental health disorder, which directly or indirectly affects your brain in an undesirable manner.
Though the exact factors which cause the disease are still unknown, it has been proved by medical researchers that the disorder affects that part of the brain which controls the majority of the senses, muscles, and nerves.
The symptoms of this condition may usually appear immediately after a traumatic event, be it physical or psychological. Some of the most common symptoms of this disorder are listed below.
- Weakness or paralysis of a body part
- Loss of body balance
- Moments of unresponsiveness
- Abnormal, sudden and abrupt body movements such as tremors
- Swallowing problems such as lump in the throat
Some of the symptoms of this disorder might also affect the sensory organs, which include:
- Abnormal numbness of the body
- Speech related problems or inability to speak (psychological mutism)
- Vision related problems such as psychological blindness
- Hearing problems and difficulties
Hi my name is janet and is going to be 3 days all ready i been having pain on my vigana each time i have sex with my husband it really hurts when he puts his dick inside of me n his been wanted to have sex but i cant it really hurts i don't what to do please help
How does a women get pregnant, only entering sperm in her vagina is ok or some thing more have to do.
I am a unmarried girl having age 23 I had sex with my bf 7 month ago after this we have had 4-5 time sex. I start fingering my pussy 1 year ago with my finger but after some time I used toothbrush instead of finger and I enjoyed it but since 2 or three month when I put brush in my pussy I am getting some blood out from my pussy. I have fingering once in a week. From last some time the bleeding from my pussy is increasing when I use toothbrush. firstly it took some time in start bleeding but from last two time it take only 1 or two minutes in bleeding and bleeding is increased from the last time. So I want to consult from you is it normal or any serious issue? What is the problem by which I am getting my pussy bleeding.
How to safety sex in my wife. Baby born to just one year so next baby after six years but am enjoying my wife with safety.
Winters see higher rates of heart attacks than the rest of the year due to an increased strain on the heart. Due to the weather, our body experiences constriction of blood vessels, leading to an increase in blood pressure, one of the major triggers for a heart attack.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!