Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta LekhiYour feedback matters!
I'm 19 year old. I have first time sex on 25-2-2016. I worried about pregnancy. I get periods on 18-3-2016. I have fear of pregnancy. What precautions can I take. Give me a good prescription about this matter.
My n my girlfriend had a sex on feb 19 through while start of the intimate sessions I didn't wear a condom thereafter I wear a condom n ejaculated in condom after tht two days my girlfriend had her periods she doesn't have a normal 26 days menstrual cycle her period comes in 3 tyms a year still it could be chance of her getting pregnant?
I'm on birth control pills I was wondering do I start my period on the brown pills? Or whenever I'm kinda freaking out because I have not had it yet this month.
Hi! My height is 5ft. My weight is 55kg & age is 21 years. My breast size is too big. So it looks very bad. How can I get a perfect shape?
I am a 22 year old lady. I have been on novelon 21 day contraceptive pill for last one month but on the last month I missed the second last pill which I doubled up the next day with the last pill. I had a pill free week of 6 days on which I had my withdrawal bleed from 5th to 8th of this month. Then I started with the new pack on 8th and had protected intercourse on 9th. Condom did not break but he used the same condom twice while having intercourse. Till then I have not missed a pill. I had a fever on 13th I took two calpol same day and had protected intercourse next day. I have not experienced any pregnancy symptoms bit I am worried since I have not started new pack immediately after missing the pill.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserosal fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.