Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta LekhiYour feedback matters!
We are planning for a baby in June & get checkup with gynaecologist last week. She took blood sample of my wife & suggested below tablets to my wife. 1. Favofol tablet after breakfast daily. 2. Uthyrox 25 mg early in morning before breakfast daily. What are the above tablets and explain me the importance & reason for having above two tablets to my wife. Please suggest good prenatal multivitamin supplement to my wife. She likes to take tablets instead of powder. Please understand me the benefits of omega 3 supplement before planning & what is the impact on baby. Can both take omega 3 supplement before planning. Our family has more baby girls & we both like to have first baby as boy followed by a baby girl. Please give me your opinion & suggestions on our thinking & some tips to fulfill our wish. Please suggest best time for planning & what precautions to be taken for having healthy baby. My wife is weak & gets tied soon. Her weight is 42 kgs, height is 4.2fts & age is 21 yrs.
Hi. I'm 21 years old .I'm a virgin. I feel a itchy feeling in my clitoris and vagina and when I touch my clitoris it swells up and becomes blood red in color and all this happens mainly after 10 pm. The itching of vagina and clitoris including a burning sensation while urinating. Please suggest me some remedy as i'm really worried about my problem.
I'm 21 years old unmarried girl. Mujhe ye janna hai ki agar koi unmarried girl pregnant ho uski age 18 years se jyade ho. Pregnancy can be more than 12 weeks. Vo surgical abortion krwana chahti ho kisi reputated clinic ya hospital mei jaha vo sirf apni written consent de skti hai. Parents , relatives ya or kisi ki bhi consent nahi de skti. To kya aise abortion legal hai India mei? If yes then please suggest me any good clinic.
Hi, We do not want any family planning now. So what is the best option for contraceptive tablets. What about the one tablet in a month. Bcoz daily tablets is not possible to remember. Kindly suggest the best tablets and its pros and con.
I am 30 years old .i am having a doubt me and my wife have sex in her period time of 5th day. She bleeds during sex and the blood spreads overs my pennis is there any cause of getting hiv or aids .we both don't have aids and I am having doubt. Is there any chance to get hiv during period when she bleeds. Please answer my question as soon as possible.
Are there things I can do to make myself feel better?
There are many comfort measures to help pregnant women who suffer from nausea and vomiting during early pregnancy. Changes in diet, sleep pattern and lifestyle can help.
Few suggestions are given below:-
1. Changes in lifestyle
* Get up slowly from lying down position and do not lie immediately after eating.
* Keep your head higher than your feet when lying down.
* Go outside for fresh air as much as possible.
* Rest or nap often
* Dentify conditions which make vomiting worse, such as certain foods, odours, activities or stress and avoid them.
* Wait about half an hour after dinner to brush your teeth
2. Changes in diet
* Eat bland foods that are high in carbohydrates and low in fat such as toast, bread, rice, cereal, crackers and potatoes.
* Eat foods that are high in protein such as lean meat, eggs and dishes made with beans and pulses.
* Eat foods high in vitamin b6 like whole grains and cereals, wheat germ, nuts, seeds, legumes, corn
* Avoid greasy, fatty, fried and spicy foods.
* Drink 10-12 glasses of liquids such as coconut water, buttermilk, milk and fresh juices.
* Avoid excess of tea, coffee and aerated drinks
* Do not drink alcohol
* Try to eat every 2 to 3 hours, even if you are not hungry. Have small frequent meals than large meals.
* Have a snack such as yoghurt, milk or a small sandwich before going to bed.
* Sniffing lemon or ginger can sometimes relieve nausea.
* In case if you have nausea and vomiting in the evening, have a good meal in the morning and a light meal at night and vice versa.
When should I call my doctor?
Call your doctor right away if you:
* Have been vomiting for almost 24 hours.
* Have been stomach pain, fever, dizziness, severe weakness or feel faint.
* Have weight loss of more than 2-5 kgs.
* Have very dark yellow urine or do not urinate for long periods.
* Feel your mouth is dry and your hands and feet are cold.
* Feel very thirsty.
* Have a fast heartbeat.
* Vomit blood.
Hi Irregular periods problem I consult a doctor I did thyroid test also no thyroid pblm is there because of this periods pblm am becoming fat and hair lose also can you suggest me what I have to do.
What can we do if condom breaks and sperm enters inside the vagina? What is the remedy to avoid pregnancy?
My question is when my baby was born on that time she is not crying because ovel cord around the neck and after half an hour she crying. so, i guess its normal?
4 Benefits of being a vegan
Being a vegan is not a fad diet. It's also a personal philosophical and lifestyle choice. A person may choose to become a vegan because of environmental factors, health factors, and other ethical reasons. What differentiates a vegan from a vegetarian is the fact that a vegan not only doesn't eat meat or other animal products but doesn't use any other animal products or by-products whatsoever, such as dairy products, leather, eggs, honey, wool, silk, fur etc.
Good News is that adopting such a lifestyle can be an entry into a world of better health.
Some of the health benefits of being a vegan are:
1) Improved mood - Edible and dietary sources of food from animals are rich in arachidonic acid, and research has concluded a relationship linking mood disturbances with arachidonic acid. It has been also found that restricting the consumption of meat, fish and poultry can lead to mood improvements. Vegetarian diets are not rich in this acid and, thus, they may help in uplifting your general mood.
2) Can reduce chance of diabetes by up to 50% - According to a research by Loma Linda University School of Public Health, a vegan diet can lead to a drastic reduction in the prevalence of diabetes. A vegan diet also helps in the management of diabetes as well as helps to reduce the likelihood of contracting diabetes by 50%.
3) Lower cholesterol - Eating animal fat doesn't have any benefit. Instead, it can have harmful health effects. Thus, it's not surprising that once animal fats are removed from your diet, it can lead to a healthier lifestyle. After studying the long-term effects of following a vegetarian diet, researchers in Korea have concluded that body fat and cholesterol tend to lower in vegans than those who follow a non-vegetarian diet.
4)Reduced risk of stroke and obesity - Vegans, in general, have a lower chance of binge eating and choosing to eat food out of emotions; this is because they follow a strict diet. These two factors, which contribute to obesity, are mostly observed in non-vegetarians and very rarely in vegans.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Right now we have a generation of kids who are going into high school, college and even the workforce who have never really experienced failure before. This is a generation of kids who have been bubble-wrapped since birth. The first generation of kids who weren't really allowed to play outside. The first generation where every drawer and cabinet was safety locked. The first generation to not only wear safety belts, but to also ride in a car seat until kindergarten. This is the first generation to wear helmets when riding their bikes. Mom and dad have stepped in to stop anything that could possibly hurt their kids. Unfortunately, in mom and dad's protectiveness, they have also protected their kids from some very important life lessons. Like failure.
This generation of kids that are arriving into adulthood or who will be quickly in its ranks have never been allowed to fail at anything in life. Even the little things like little league (where trophies are passed out with juice boxes) have been sanitized to make sure that everyone's feelings are safe from harm. Now these kids are becoming adults with unrealistic expectations for what is going to happen in the future. On what reality is like. And generally, what life is like.
I am not saying that the parents are bad people. Or that they were protecting their children with some malicious intent. In fact, I know the exact opposite is true. These parents were doing everything within their power to protect the things that are most precious to them. Their children. The parents only wanted to keep their children safe and happy. The layer of bubble wrap protection was done from a place of love and care. But what started out as loving protection has put these kids into an unexpected predicament. Because mom and dad were so quick to protect their child from anything negative (physical, mental and emotional), these kids never developed the ability to handle life's little messes. And we all know that life likes to dole out messes.
So, what can we do to help these young adults (and soon-to-be adults)? and more importantly, what can we do to not let this happen again with future generations? i'm not suggesting that we get rid of seat belt laws or that there weren't very good reasons for not giving kids free reign of their neighborhoods like we once had. I get those reasons. I am a parent. I watch the news. The world can be a scary place.
Starting now. We need to learn to stand back. We need to learn to stay on the sidelines when our kids are facing something difficult. Or when they have already messed up. We need to stand back and give them the space to clean up their own mess. They will never learn to do it, if we rush in like an assaulting army taking out everything in its path. Yes, your kids won't like it that you are not running to their defense. There may be tears. There may even be some accusations that you are ruining their life. But guess what? you aren't. You are actually doing them a huge favor. They just may not realize it yet.
You see, as strong and able as you are today, you are not always going to be around. And what happens then when your kid is facing a huge screw up or failure? who is going to fix it for them then? if you do not allow your kid the space to learn to deal with failures starting with the smallest of failures they will never develop the tools necessary to deal with those moments in life.
So, when they are facing a big ole screw up that has the potential of changing the trajectory of their life and you aren't around to fix it, what do you think they will do? run and hide? maybe. Deal with it? probably not. They will more than likely allow that one (albeit huge) screw up to define the rest of their life. And I know that as a parent who has spent the better part of your own adult life protecting this child of yours that you would never want that for your kid. So, take a step back. Take a deep breath. They can do this. (and so can you.) believe in them. Be their biggest cheerleader, but please, for your child's sake, don't step in and be the quarterback of their life. Allow your kid to have that win.