Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamta Lekhi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta LekhiYour feedback matters!
I am 22 yrs old female from Chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have PCOS cysts in both ovaries and taking NORMOZ tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. TSH is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) What should I do for it? My cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and LDL is 13. LDL to HDL ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? Should I take any medication for it? How to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? Please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
Hi doctor my friend had sex with her boyfriend on this Jan 10 she was expecting her period on 18th Jan but she still haven't got it. They had protected sex. Now when she pressed her right abdomen she is having pain Can she start taking the abortion pills? If she take it will people understand it?
Delivered as LSCS july 3rd 2017 Still breast feeding Got first periods after delivery on apr 20 2018 last for 2 days. Then til now I did’t have periods. Took UPT on june 6it’s negative, Consulted gynaec. Please suggest me something for that.
I am 33 years old married for 3 years now. I am not able to conceive till date. However 1 gyneac suggested me to do laparoscopy surgery. Request you to pls suggest me will this help in conceiving.
Please suggest If a girl swallow sperms and then keep her finger in mouth and finger her vagina will she get pregnant?
I am pregnant ledy. I can travelling. Way? Am not Agree this think just I fell together so much how can do this.
The thyroid may be a small gland but plays a large role in the functioning of the body. It is located just below the voice box. Along with producing hormones that help in the transportation of blood, it also helps regulate metabolism, keeps the organs functioning optimally and helps the body conserve heat. In some cases, when the gland produces excessive hormones or when it develops structural problems, it may become necessary to remove the thyroid gland.
There are several ways of removing the thyroid gland. The most common amongst these are:
A lobectomy is performed when only half the thyroid gland is affected. In such a case, the doctor will remove only one of the two lobes.
2. Subtotal Thyroidectomy
In such cases, the doctor will remove the thyroid gland but leave behind a small amount of thyroid tissue. This tissue can preserve some thyroid function but hormone supplements are often required to supplement the production of hormones.
3. Total Thyroidectomy
You will need to be admitted into a hospital for a thyroid removal surgery. Once admitted, meet the surgeon and anesthesiologist to answer any questions you may have about the procedure. It is important not to eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before your surgery. The surgery is performed under anesthesia so you will not feel a thing. Once you are asleep, the surgeon will make an incision in your throat and remove a section or all of the thyroid gland. This procedure can take between 2-3 hours. After the surgery, you will be kept in observation for 24-48 hours.
The surgery can result in a slightly raised scar that can take upto 6 weeks to heal. You can resume normal daily activities a day after the surgery. However, it is advised to wait for a week before undertaking any strenuous activities. Your throat may feel sore for a few days following the surgery. This can be treated with over the counter pain medication. You may also develop hypothyroidism.
The most major risk of a thyroid removal surgery is an allergic reaction to anesthesia. Other risks of this surgery are damage to the nerves connected to the vocal cords and damage to the glands controlling calcium levels in the body.
Hi I'm having irregular periods some time having pcod problem consulted many Drs no use I I'm married I want to convince. With this problem I gain weight how to solve my problem suggest me with this problem.
I have completed 8th month of pregnancy. But I am feeling lot of weakness in my body. Its like I am not able to stand for long .What can be the possibility. And I am going washroom many times.
The birth of your child is surely one of the most important and biggest days of your life. Most pregnant women want to avoid drugs and any kind of medical intervention during childbirth. Natural childbirth is a method of labor without the use of any kind of medical intervention. The birth process is purely natural.
The best way for carrying out a natural childbirth is by choosing child care hospitals. No medicines or drugs are involved, and you would have a natural birth of your baby.
What facilities are to be expected?
At the best child care hospitals, there are a lot of facilities provided during natural childbirth. These facilities are not available if the birth takes at any other location such as at home.
Here is what you should expect:
- You can have childbirth without the use of any drugs or medicines, due to modern technology.
- The Presence of a midwife, obstetrician or gynaecologist who is there to deal with the pregnant patients, makes the process much easier and efficient.
- Alternative medication free strategies can be carried out. These are: hydrotherapy, hypnosis, massage, relaxation techniques, meditation, breathing exercises, and pressure point massages. This kind of assistance is only available at the best child care hospitals.
- The doctors keep away from the techniques such as routine IV, work incitement, episiotomy, ceaseless fetal observing, extraction of vacuum or cesarean segment, unless they are required at any stage.
What are the benefits of natural childbirth from child care hospitals?
Having a natural childbirth from the best childcare hospitals has got certain advantages and benefits, which are not available elsewhere.
- Support of staff and doctors: You will get the steady support of doctors, groups, family individuals, or dear companions, who may give you support during delivery.
- Pushing is effective: Epidurals offer satisfactory pain relief by and large as they increase the labor period in case of first time mothers and 16 minutes among mothers who have given birth previously. As you won't get a pain-relief drug, you won't lose any sensation.
- Proper breastfeeding: You will have the capacity to breastfeed your newborn baby effectively without any inconvenience. The quick skin-to-skin contact enhances the early mother-baby bond. This will make breastfeeding less troublesome and also enhance your youngster's sleep, weight gain and mental health
- Ability to move: Most mothers find it hard to move about during labor for coping with the pain. With the assistance available at the best child care hospitals, movement becomes possible.
These are solid reasons why you should choose the best childcare hospitals for natural childbirth. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.