Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamta Lekhi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta LekhiYour feedback matters!
Edging Into a Raw, Red Penis
The penis is a wonderful thing, so it's no wonder that masturbation is a favorite pastime of just about every guy. In addition to being fun, masturbation is an excellent way to learn about the penis and how it works, which can be beneficial both for penis health and for improving a guy's skill at sex.
For this last reason, many men engage in edging, which is masturbating until he is just about to ejaculate; stopping to let the need to ejaculate subside; and then resuming masturbation and repeating the whole process. For some men, edging can last for 20 or 30 minutes; for others, it can go on for hours. But sometimes edging for an extended period of time can result in a raw, red penis, and that is something guys want to avoid.
For those who are into edging or who would like to explore edging, there are a few tips to keep in mind to help avoid that raw, red penis.
- Start slow. If a man's typical masturbation session lasts 5 or 10 minutes, planning on edging for two hours the first time out may not be wise. As with many other things, it's usually best to build up to things first. So perhaps have an initial goal of 30 minutes for the first couple of sessions, then 45 minutes, then an hour, and so on. This gives the penis skin time to get used to the lengthier amounts of friction.
- Use lube. This is extremely important. Being well-lubricated throughout the edging session is probably the best way to avoid a sore red penis. The key here is "throughout the edging session." Pouring some lubricant into the palm at the start of the session is important, but replenishing that lubricant as the session goes on is also crucial. Yes, sometimes a guy may over-lubricate and need to wipe off a little excess, but that's okay. It will be easier to estimate the proper amounts to use as he becomes a more expert edger.
- Change things up. Often when a man masturbates, he focuses most of his attention on one area of the penis. For example, many men will spend a great deal of time stroking around the glans. When edging, it pays to spread things around, and to vary the parts of the penis that are stroked. It also helps to change the way the penis is touched. For example, if a man usually strokes with his right hand, he might use his left for a few minutes. He might use a looser grip sometimes and a tighter grip at others. Rather than stroking, he may "pulse" - open and close the fist rapidly. There are many ways to change up the edging experience.
- Goon wisely. Often men who edge get into a state that is referred to as "gooning." This is kind of like a hypnotic feeling in which men feel "at one" with their penis. It is sometimes accompanied by a zoned-out look, often with the mouth open. The problem is that some men who goon get so wrapped up that they neglect to keep the lube fresh. Reapplication may break the goon state, but it can help keep away that raw red penis afterward.
- Don't feel edging is required. Edging is something a guy should do for pleasure. Just because a man has grown used to edging doesn't mean he can't allow himself a "quickie" whenever he wants.
When edging does create a raw, red penis, a man will want to treat his penis with special care. He definitely needs to utilize a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). First of all, be sure the crème has a combination of a high-end emollient (like Shea butter) and a natural hydrator (like vitamin E), so that it can remoisturize the raw penis skin and soothe the soreness. In addition, seek out a crème with L-carnitine. This amino acid can help restore loss of sensation in the penis, which can occur when a man edges too roughly.
After taking the tablet of metadoze ipr 850, I felt mouth dryness, severe cough, numbness in my throat and vagina. When I cough severely light bleeding in my vaginal part. Is any problem.
Hello, I was prescribed Dronis 20 by my gyno for birth control pills, however I could not find Dronis 20 where I live. The chemist has suggested Dronis 30 to me as an alternative. Kindly advise is it safe and okay to take Dronis 30 as an alternative to Dronis 30? If yes advise how to use/take Dronis 30. Thank you.
Hi. I was conceived when am 2 months pregnant having bleeding regularly and my scan show cyst and blood clot. And also baby growth is bad. Then automatically Aborted with continues bleeding. No D&C.After that on my first period of 3rd day doctor gave me ovecloplus tablet and duphaston from 16th day of my period. After the abortion my first period is days late. And second period after abortion is 6 days late. Am trying to convince. Now my query is what is that blood clot? It affects my another baby continuously? Why am getting late period? Could I be pregnant again? Pls help me.
One's child birth is a joyous and emotional time. After nine long months of pregnancy, one greets the arrival of baby with great anticipation.It is absolutely normal that the time post-delivery marks a drastic change in sexual desire. While both women and menexpect changes in their sex life immediately after the birth of a child, but as time passes by, it is normal for both partners to wonder when things will ever return to normal. It is a fairly common condition to have a decreased sex drive after giving birth and this feeling can last for months which can be attributed to many factors. Refer to the following tips to get your drive back.
Consult your Gynaecologist: One should take gynaecologist into confidence to discuss how one's libido has changed after child birth, who will in turn help to rule out any physical issues if any.
Emotional & Physical Fatigue: Nursing a new-born is no joke and it physical drains out. In a post-delivery scenario, ones libido has to fight with overwhelming emotional as well as physical fatigue that results from nursing of a new-born. One can share the night-time feeding with one's partner and try to catch up on the sleep with day time nap. One simply cannot look forward to sex if one is deprived of sleep.
Release the Pressure and Guilt: The body is still recovering and one may get a feel that one is not attractive as before which makes a dramatic impact on body image. Communicate honestly with partner about the lack of drive. It is likely that he will also be experiencing similar issues and conflicting emotions. Giving reassurancethat oneis working on increasing the libido can help ease the pressure on both the individuals.
Prepare for Sex: Do anything to relax and get into the mood before hitting the bed. It can be as simple as a hot shower or a refreshing drink but it is important to help your body transition from mother to lover.
Use a Lubricant: It is hard to look forward to something that is painful.. Breastfeeding plays a significant role in the decrease in libido. Oestrogen is an important hormone that decreases with breastfeeding which affects vaginal tissues. The most common vaginal side effects of decreased oestrogen are dryness hence it's important to use lubricants to minimize the discomfort of vaginal dryness and make sex more enjoyable
Libido is complicated and there will be times one has to do even if one is not in the mood. Sometimes it takes a little nudge to get the libido back into gear. Once one gets over the hurdle of not being in the mood, one may just realise that one is enjoyingthe act.The good news is that this decrease in libido is temporary. With time and patience, one can rebuild a satisfying sexual relationship with their partner. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!