Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta LekhiYour feedback matters!
Hi .my mother have stomach problem so one gastrointestinal do the endoscope and he prescribe NEXPRO-RD, SUCRALPHAT SYP, AND SYNPROTIK .AND he did not tel what type of disease is this. Sir pls tel me what typ of disease this.
Since last few days I have been suffering with problem of stomach burning and gastric. How to overcome this problem?
I have excess acidity since 6 Or 7 Year. I did also endoscopy, it was peptic ulcer. I took mdcn. There aftr my acidity not stopped. Always, all the time I have excess acidity. please give me solution.
It is an uncomfortable burning sensation that often times creeps up the throat, and is a symptom more so than a disease. It is caused by acid reflux.
Home Remedies For Hyperacidity
•Take 3-6 gm of liquorice (mulethi) root powder with warm milk.
•Drink cold milk without any additives. Make it more effective add one teaspoonful of ghee to it.
•Eat overripe bananas during an attack of acidity. They have higher amounts of potassium making it even more effective.
•Boil one cup of water and to it add one tsp of Fennel (souf). Cover and leave overnight. Strain the water in the morning, add 1 tsp of honey (shahad).Taken this prepration 3 times a day.
•Chew Cumin (jeera) or boil it in water. Drink the water when it has cooled down.
•Chop some mint leaves, add them to a pot of boiling water and drink this water after cooling it.
•To relieve acidity crush two pods of cardamom (with or without the skin), boil the powder in water and drink the cooled juice for instant relief.
•Crush ginger, mix it with a small piece of jaggery (gud) and keeping sucking on it allowing the juice to slowly reach the stomach.
• One teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity way.
•Chewing holy basil (tulsi) leaves.
My wife 56 years old .she has abdominal pain. Her usg scan report shows calculus measuring 7.4 mm seen in vesico ureteric junction. What treatment should taken. Pls tell me. Further, is there any prevention for this.
I have a problem digesting fatty items (I get bloating, gas), when I eat even little oily items (Like 1/2 small Dosa made at home). My stomach endoscopy is normal so as LFT. DO I need to worry about anything.
I have severe health problem of gas for motion in stomach. Please give me some suggestions to prevent it. And also I have felling very bad full day.
I am an extremely thin person and looks like powerless. I lack in energy. I've heard of alfalfa tonic. Is it advisable to go for it? Also suggest any tonic for good digestion of food as I don't think my food gets digested easily.
I am 18 years old and having a acidity problem and my face is so oily what I should to prevent from both?
Dear sir i am really afraid very much and my problem is my left hand shaking from past 6 months it's 30 min or 1 hour per day and sometimes little pain in my chest middle bone but i am freely walking 4km every morning i am checking ecg also and it shows normal ecg report and I had a gastric problem also. But i am only affording about left atm shaking please help me sir is it heart attack symptoms? my bp is 120/80 no sugar and i am sorry to say this I drink 2 pegs alcohol every day please i am helpless sir pls help me.
I am 20 year old female hypothyroid. Suffering from IBS from past 3 years and taking normaxin drug. But my symptoms are recurring and want to know my future rignisus and treatment?
I am 20 years old an suffering from problems such as cold and digestive problem what should I do? are there any ways or syrup like aptizoom helpful.
Consuming too much alcohol can cause people a lot of problems like nausea and headache. Additionally, it can also mess up with your bowel movements and affects your motions by giving you loose motions or constipation. Alcohol hinders digestion, causes dehydration and drying out, discourages glucose metabolism and compromises the working of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The combined effect of these components is the primary reason for chronic constipation, identified with alcohol misuse.
Here are a few reasons why and how alcohol can mess up with your poop:
- Dehydration: Alcohol tends to dehydrate the body almost as much as a session in a sauna does. That is the reason your mouth feels so dry the next morning. Once your body gets dehydrated, it works extra minutes to recover the liquids and electrolytes from any place it can find them, including from the substance of your stomach. Accordingly, stools become dry, hard and difficult to pass.
- Powerlessness to move bowels: Alcohol smothers intestinal peristalsis and kills the urge to move your bowels. For the same reason, it kills your decision making ability. Inability to move your bowel when you want, expands, impacts and solidifies the already dried out stools until it gets too difficult to go out without straining and subjecting yourself to anorectal harm. These are the two issues that usually precede chronic constipation.
- Loss of electrolytes: Alcohol causes loss of electrolytes that are vital to hold dampness in the poop. Eg. Sodium and potassium. Water maintenance in the body and stools requires sodium and potassium, the minerals known as electrolytes. These are not stored in the body for the same prolonged way as calcium or magnesium and they require constant replenishment. Since alcohol stimulates urination and regularly causes diarrhea and nausea, these minerals are rapidly lost.
- Occupies digestion: Alcohol in excess causes extreme vomiting that encourages the majority of the above conditions. Liquor hinders stomach absorption and causes deferred stomach emptying. This condition is known as gastroparesis. After around 8 to 10 hours inside the stomach, undigested proteins begin to spoil. This can lead to loss of appetite and the inability to eat proper meals.
- Diarrhea: Alcohol affects your glucose level to such a degree that it might bring about loss of bowel capacity control and result in loose bowels, with symptoms like vomiting and nausea. Just like sometimes the knees go powerless on you from an excessive amount of alcohol, so does your bowel movement. In turn, diarrhea and vomiting are caused due to excess intake of alcohol may bring about serious irritation of the whole GI tract and digestive system, and fester in the body for quite a while. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.