Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta LekhiYour feedback matters!
Hai I'm getting gastric pain regularly. It is giving severe pain to me can you give any cure process to reduce that one please. Please give me reply I can't able to bear my gastric pain please help me.
I have a problem since my childhood in my liver as it consume gas what ever I eat, as I eat in every 2 hours and take maximum precautions as possible but still it occurs, most of the time my head stays heavy and it makes me very week, since childhood I have taken many medicine but still problem persist, please help.
After having dinner with prantha and omelet, the stomach pain started at midnight. Still I am suffering with this pain, I think this is gas problem. The pain started from one side of stomach and after some time it go in back.
I have the problem of acidity. When ever my periods come my acidity get started and it's painful I can not even eat something little spicy. Please tell me the ayurvedic cure. Help me.
A bloated abdomen is very upsetting, both for cosmetic reasons and also because it makes one feel lousy and lethargic. Also, it can bring your energy levels down in a big way. However, the good news is that bloated belly can be managed by making some basic changes in the way you eat and/or drink.
Knowing what causes bloated belly is the first step towards managing it.
- Using a straw: Whether you are drinking a smoothie or shakes, coffee or tea, drink it directly from the glass. When sipping through a straw, a lot of air is consumed along with it, and that leaves you with a bloated feeling. If it is coke or aerated drink that is being consumed, it makes it even worse.
- Packaged foods: While packaged foods help you by saving cooking time and provide a quick fix for the hunger pangs, they also come packed with loads of sodium. This leaves you with a bloated feeling, and if you are someone who uses packaged foods at each meal, it is almost there to stay. Switch to fresh foods and see how your bloating disappears.
- Low-calorie foods: As we all are busy watching calories, we have started using aspartame. Be it artificial sweeteners for the coffee or diet cokes, these contain substances which take much longer to digest and so they stay in your tummy for a longer period of time. They are not recognized as foods by the stomach and so it takes time to digest. Switching to a no-sugar diet (minus the aspartame) or using palm jaggery can instantly provide relief.
- Legume/Bean family: While legumes are known as the best protein source, especially for vegetarians, they are also loaded with gas. Whether it is the regular beans, green peas, double beans, or kidney beans, they all have a great tendency to bloat you up. The carbohydrate in these are not easy to digest, giving the gassy bloated feeling. Taking an anti-gas agent when there are too many beans on your plate is very much recommended.
- Excessive use of gums or candy: For those who are used to chewing on gums or candies, there is a lot of air that is swallowed during this process. An alternative is to keep taking small sips of water, which will not leave you feeling bloated. The water also helps reduce bloating by keeping a constant movement of the intestine.
- Eating too fast: As we are all pressed for time, there is no time to sit down and eat. However, eating too fast leads to bloating in two ways. Firstly, by taking in a large amount of air along with the food. Secondly, by not chewing the food properly, bigger pieces of food reach the stomach and leave you feeling bloated. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Stomach getting swelling due to gastric, taking pand twice daily however sometimes it' s getting irritated. Wen it' s swelling can' t breath properly. What to do ?
I am suffering from fissure and fistula is any medicine can cure me from two im suffering what is your suggestion or given proper diet eating.
I have been operated leproscopy for gall bladder removal, after 2 years of operation my stomach still gets upset. What is the reason fr the same? I hav been following proper diet.
My wife is 49 yrs. She Whict undergoing operation for removal of gall bladder by laproscopy procedure the main bileduct got severed just below the Y junction. So under open surgery hepatic JEJUNOSTOMY was done in 2004. Thereafter she has been getting attacks of Chollengitis. She under went balloon Dilatation under DSA in 2012 for relief from stricture and blockage of duct. She had no attacks of chollengitis after that until oct 2015. Another round of Balloon Dilatation was done on 26 Nov2015. After the operation she suffered by SEPSIS and had ACITIS. Fortunately she recovered and is now recuperating. What should we do to strengthen the Liver in particular and improve immunity and energy in general?
The most commonly encountered two facts about the drug or alcohol use by our addicted kids are drugs/ alcohol are something which they really like those are something which they find really hard to give up. They know that the drug can kill them in a long run, but still they go with the immediate rewards by consuming the drug. The whole addiction thing is about being in the moment and choosing what your brain craves for right now at the expense of other rewards and possibilities. So what we observe is that drug hijacks a person's rational thinking for the long term consequences.
Addiction has to do with changes in the brain that come about gradually, become more and more central, more and more powerful as the time passes by. The drug use becomes the axis of the person, around which the other activities in life takes turn. It takes on the central meaning and role in the person's life in such a way that the most irrational idea about taking the drug or alcohol may seem to the person the most rational in that particular situation, as the drug compromises the person's clear thinking. So yes an addict can make choices for his drug cravings but the way they make choices is the thing we must think about. In an addict the brain does what it needs to do, but in a very non-adaptive way. In simple words addiction hijacks the very parts of the brain that are supposed to fix it.
Craving is the fundamental psychological experience of an addict because of which addiction occurs. Dopamine serves as the fuel for craving and is the common pathway for all kinds of addictions. Natural goodies like the food and sex certainly release dopamine in brain and follow the progression from liking to wanting i. E. Wanting more of those. As per studies, among the natural rewards sex can provide a person with the maximum natural high of upto 200% dopamine levels in brain. But the drugs cause a higher than 200% dopamine levels, which thus is the magic mark for addictive processes to occur. Also with repeated drug use there are changes in the arrangement of the inner landscape of synaptic architecture in brain, such that the thoughts, the images, the memories about the drug use behavior takes over many parts of the cortex of brain and thus the person see the drug cues wherever he gets a dopamine rush, be it with sex or food or social gatherings. Thus dopamine drives the person with a feeling of craving for the drug. Also with repeated dopamine increments of higher than natural amounts, there is maladaptive learning in brain in form of the shrinkage of dopamine cells, decrease in dopamine receptors and depletion of the dopamine stores. Thus the real natural goodies like sex or food are than not able to give a dopamine high and the only way left is to have more drugs. The person becomes impulsive and compulsive in his drug taking behavior. Repetition compulsion feedback loop keeps the person going after the drug use, narrowing the sense of meaningful world for the person. This causes a vicious cycle of incremental drug intake and thus addiction. Dopamine pathways are subdued by chronic drug use and thus the drug addicts are never able to keep up with their promises of staying away from the drug.
But then our brains have enormous reparative capacity and so a lot of the things that drugs do to damage the brain are probably reversible. One of the things that last the longest are the memories associated with drug use and the learning/ operant conditioning that occurs with it. The acute memory of brain over stimulation with drug is captured in amygdale which designates an important part of the instinctual brain i. E. The brain part which can't be controlled. So if a drug related cue is presented to a recovering addict, all that they can remember is the greatest high which they ever had with the drug. Thus the person remains preoccupied and thinks about the drug even when not using it. When this occurs, it is for the lifetime and we can't undo it. Their amygdale are going to light up seeing the drug cues for rest of their lives. This is why we say recovery from drug is a lifelong experience. Studies show a much faster depletion of our brain neurotransmitters by drug use (less than 12 months), than their replenishment in recovery from addiction (5 to 7 years). Thus during recovery an ongoing treatment for the imbalanced brain neurotransmitters and the visible symptoms due to the same is always essential.
Hello, I eat lots of food in various time interval, but after eating the food I feel fatigue and my gastric problem is started due to this my weight is not increasing and I feel depressed and short tempered, Please help me by providing the home remedies and some exercise to cure this problem.
What is the best medicine for anal fissure? I am suffering from same & diagnosed feo surgeons however no medicine found suitable.
My mother age 55 has a very simple diet without any spices but still she suffers from stomach pain and diarrhea very frequently. Or sometimes she gets an attack of severe acidity with stomach bloated and continued reflux. Please suggest the remedy.
Sonf - 100 gm
Isabgol - 100 gm
Cardamom (small) - 100 gm
Mix all well with sugar (300 gm)- store this granulated powder well.
Consume 10 gm in morning before breakfast with lukewarm water.
Repeat 10 gm at night after meals with lukewarm water.