Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta JainYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female, married. I m having pcod problem and taking krimson35. I recently discontinued the use of it, as I want pregnency now but I had irregular bleeding after 14th and 23rd day of my period n its not ending till today. Today is my 26th day of my cycle. Is it normal? what should I do immediately? please help.
My last periods was on 18.2. 2016 I did usg and have not consulted any doctor yet please Give me advise is my usg it ok My usg report states. SLF on mobile presentation G/A_ 11 W6D+- WOD FHR. 150 B/M LIQUOR. Adequate Ant. FurdalplacentaE. D. D-20_11_2016.
I am 32-years weight is 64 kgs height is 5 ft 2" I am trying to conceive and so wants to focus on my diet and overall requirement of all necessary things such as calcium, folic acid, protein,carbohydrates etc. Please suggest a proper diet chart to fulfill all. I am vegetarian.
Doctor prescribed me tab medical250 for two months as I m not conceiving and have multiple follicles in the ovary.
What are the changes of getting pregnant if I do intercourse on 19 th of January. My periods starts 11 th January and ends up 15 th January and also doing intercourse on 22nd January. So what are the changes of getting pregnant. If changes are there for which date is the most effective of getting pregnant.
At some point of time we all go through a rough patch and these are the times when we suffer from certain disorders. In slightly more medical terms, sexual disorder is known as sexual dysfunction. Sexual disorders are health conditions that could surface in both males and females. This not only acts as a hurdle in the path of an alternative understanding of sexuality, but also deters spontaneous reporting of sexual problems.
Patients largely feel the need to redress such problems; the fear of being ridiculed or being mocked deters them continually. Another way of approaching the problem and its subsequent treatment is to identify the factors leading to its development. Your way of life plays an eminent role in deciding the quality of your health. You may seek help from a professional to bring about fruitful changes in your lifestyle.
Sexual disorders can be categorized as follows:
- Desire disorders: It often happens that a male or a female repeatedly feels laidback about indulging in sexual activity. The problem could be persistent in general or it could be directed towards a single partner. You may or may not develop this condition all of a sudden. Low levels of estrogen in females and low levels of testosterone in males are known to lead to such sexual irregularities.
- Sexual arousal disorders: Females at an older age or after childbirth often suffer from a sexual arousal disorder. The condition could also be found in young adults. It is characterized by a dry vagina and the lack of pleasure during foreplay or intercourse. Amid males this problem is prevalently known as erectile dysfunction. A man might not be able to enjoy physical contact with his partner. Men usually face difficulties in having a proper erection. The male organ in such a case is only partly erected.
- Sexual orgasm disorders: If you are on certain medications or have been experiencing frequent bouts of anxiety, attaining climax can be a headache. Patients of this disorder either fail to have an orgasm or it is extremely delayed.
- Sexual pain disorders: Pain disorders are more common in women. In most cases, painful intercourse is the result of lack of arousal. If the vagina is not sufficiently lubricated, a woman might experience severe pain. Pain can also be the symptom of a serious underlying disease like vaginismus. A medical condition where a man faces painful erection due to excess accumulation of blood in the penis is referred to as priapism.
I had sex with my girlfriend recently without using condom. How ever I didn't came inside her. What are the chances of her getting pregnant. Even if I assume I came inside her, then how many pills does she need to take to avoid pregnancy and within how many hours?
We had sex in last mnth 17 th (protected with condom. After that she use home test kit for test to make sure that if there is any chances of pregnancy or not. Result was negative. But in this mnth periods is not started till now. Today she also check with a test kit. Report is also negative. And her white discharge is starting .is there any chances of pregnancy?
I had sex with my bf few days ago. N due to some problem I am feeling some symptoms of urinary tract infection. As I feel like peeing again and again n there is burning sensation in my vagina. Also after peeing too I feel like peeing more. And it is tickling too dat too for many hours. N it z very irritating. Kindly revert with some solution.
What is ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic pregnancy is also known as tubal pregnancy, is a complication wherein, the fertilised eggs attach themselves outside the uterus. In most cases, it causes severe internal bleeding and serious infections. It is a very serious condition that warrants prompt medical attention as soon as it is diagnosed. Mostly, in this type of pregnancy, the fertilised egg attaches itself to the fallopian tube inside the body; the reason why it is known as tubal pregnancy. In rare cases, the egg might attach itself to the cervix, ovary or parts of the abdomen.
Symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Salpingitis (inflammation and infection of one’s fallopian tubes)
- Rupture of the corpus luteum cyst (a kind of ovarian cyst)
- Urinary tract infection
- Severe abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the membrane that lines the abdomen cavity)
- Rupture in the fallopian tubes which can lead to fainting and excessive pain
- Pain on one side of the body
Treatment for ectopic pregnancy
This complication in pregnancy can be diagnosed by an ultrasound as the doctor sees the growth on the fallopian tube. A pregnancy test or a pelvic exam also helps in detecting ectopic pregnancy. If not treated on time, ectopic pregnancy can prove to be fatal.
Listed below are a few treatment options for ectopic pregnancy:
- A particular medication known as methotrexate is used to end an ectopic pregnancy.
- In some cases, one might need surgery to get rid of the pregnancy. In certain complicated cases, it might be necessary to remove the tube with the foetus. This kind of surgery which removes the foetus and the tube is calling salpingectomy. The surgeon usually makes a small incision near the navel and removes the tube using a laparoscope.
- Having an abortion due to this complication can be heartbreaking and emotionally distressing for the mother as it is just like an abortion where the entire tissue is removed from your fallopian tube. To get over the trauma of losing a baby, you could join pregnancy loss groups or avail help from a therapist.