Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta JainYour feedback matters!
2. Bathing before sunrise to reduce mucus related problems (sticky yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3 if Ganges near then take bath there.
4. maintain a proper weight.
5. Female 5' to 5.5' minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs.App.
6. Male 5' to 510 ,in 60kgs max 75 kgs App.
7. Water intake daily 3-5 ltrs.
8. Freehand exercise 30 min in daily morning to accumulate more oxygen into blood.
9. Avoid oily food outside. only fruit juice or white sweets.
10. nutritious balance diet.
11. prepare popcorn in home and do breakfast with it to
be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
12. I am opening Nutrition club to make patients healthy.
13 to increase working power to be wealthy.
14. My success is there if I sort out your health problems.
15. Pranayam Yoga daily.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.
What is the correct time period to have sex without taking any precaution to avoid pregnancy? I have been told that five days from the period is the best time for it. Is it true?
What is effective sucking?
During effective, nutritive sucking, your baby uses the structures of his or her mouth to compress the milk sinuses beneath your breast and move milk into the back of his or her throat to swallow. Initially, your baby may seem to suck in rapid bursts to trigger milk let-down, also called the milk-ejection reflex. Once let-down happens, your baby should suck at the rate of about one suck a second. He or she pauses only to take a breath with every few sucks.
Click Image to Enlarge
Listen for swallowing. You should hear a "huh-ah" or soft "k" sound deep in the baby's throat as he or she sucks. Some babies swallow softly and other gulp loudly. You should NOT hear a clicking or smacking sound.
Watch your baby's jaw. You should see rhythmic movement in the muscle that runs from the lower jaw to the ear when she or he is sucking deeply. You should also notice rhythmic movement that begins at the edge of the baby's chin and travels down her or his throat as baby sucks and swallows. You should NOT see deep dimpling of his cheeks.
Allow your baby to direct feedings. Your baby will detach him- or herself when satisfied. After this happens, you can offer the other breast if your baby still seems hungry. If your baby often falls asleep at the breast within a few minutes of latch-on or your baby often breastfeeds for 35 minutes on the first breast without self-detaching, discuss this with your baby's healthcare provider or a certified lactation consultant.