Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta GuptaYour feedback matters!
When is the right time to have sex for a successful pregnancy as her menstrual cycle was started on 2.6.16 Can you please help in this regards?
My mother of age 51 is suffering fron nerve disorder. She can not sleep at night if she starts pondering on something that is against her favour. How can she get rid of these problem.
My friend is pregnant in one month is not married women want abortion the pregnancy please give help for abortion.
So my girlfriend has umbilical sepsis and the doctor is requiring intensive surgery but she doesn't want to get surgery and always cancels the surgeons appointments is there any way I can give my consent and for her to be put under forced anesthesia because I don't know what to do.
My menses is irregular for some months I have also thyroid problem. What can I do and i am continuously gaining my weight what can I do?
I have got married in feb 16 but still after 5 months I haven't get pregnant where as me and my husband continuously doing sex without taking any precaution. Is it any serious matter. Actually I am 32. Is there any need to consult any gyno for further checkup or we can wait for our baby. Before marriage I have also done sex with some one numerous time.
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 24 years female having scanty menstrual bleeding issue since more than 6 months. I want to know the below following points regarding this. 1. What should I do? 2. What are the causes behind this? 3. How this scanty bleeding may impact my personal life? 4. What are the remedies for this?
My wife has 17 days pregnancy (prega test was positive). But we do not want child now. How to avoid or drop this pregnancy without any future side effect?
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.
I am a 21 years old girl i am getting full stomach pain for 3 days wen I got my periods what I have to do?
Dr. Told Me, When I Do Sex In Unsafe Days To Pregnant A Women But I Can not Understand Clearly. Please Somebody Again Told Me About This?
Hello doctor mane usg kraya h jisme ye likha h ki meri left ovary bulky h or hemorrhagic cyst h size 26*18 mm h please mujhe explain mey btayengy extract kya pro h ye or me kis doc k pas jau or meri age 24 h or me iska treatment jldi suru kru ya thoda ruk skti or mera kafi weight km hua h or thyroid report bi normal ai h.
Hi, 18 Feb was my first day of my period. What is the next date to have sex as we are planning to have baby.
I am trying to get pregnant but not happening we did thyroid checking and it found to be normal. Then did follicular study and it's found to be 19 mm ,24 mm and 24 mm on 10 ,12 and 14 th day respectively and on 14th day endometrial thickness is 8 mm. Semen analysis also showing normal result. And I took duphaston from 05.01 to 14 .01.17 and on 17.01 brown spotting as well as very light flow occurring .actually my regular period expected to be happening in tha same day itself. But actually 1st day itself I have good flow and continue up to 5th days. Then what is the reason for brown spotting. And I did unprotected sex from 28.12 to 4.01.
My friend has been suffering from excessive hunger since 4 months. She gets tired very fast even after doing small piece of work. What should she do?
Hello. I have been suffering from pcos (no periods) and thyroid (under control). I got married. We r trying for a baby. Doctor gave me clomid and hcg injection on 19th day of period and I got conceive after 40 days I got abortion. Doctor told me that you r over weight. Due to over weight I am not able to conceive in 78 now I want to lose 9 to 10 kilos I am doing diet and exercise (45 min per day) but not reducing weight. Pls suggest a diet chart to reduce weight. We r trying for another cycle in August I that mean time I have to loose weight.
Some people experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction and think of consuming Viagra. Viagra is the market name of a substance called Sildenafil, which is used for the correction of erectile dysfunction. It creates hypertension in the blood vessels, enabling you to get an enhanced erection. Viagra is quite useful for boosting your sexual performance. However, you may experience several side effects on your health. Before deciding on using a pack of Viagra, it is advised to consult a doctor to know the exact dosage that would work for you.
1. 50 mg is the recommended dosage for men in general. The dose can be sometimes increased up to 100 mg. It depends on tolerance and effectiveness. The dose may also be decreased to 25 mg in some cases. It is also advised not to take Viagra more than once a day. The dosage will have to be altered if you take other prescribed medicines.
2. Viagra single packs are also prescribed by doctors. Single packs are available in dosages of 25, 50 and 100 mg.
When should you avoid viagra?
Viagra should be avoided in some cases.
These include the following:
1. In case you take prescribed nitrates for chest pain or pulmonary disorder, your doctor would advise you not to use Viagra due as it increases the risk of high blood pressure, which can be quite disastrous for your health.
2. Many people are allergic to sildenafil, which is a substance present in Viagra.
Side effects of consuming viagra
Viagra causes several serious side effects on the body. Therefore, it is very important to take a doctor’s advice and know about the different adversities. The most common side effects include the following:
1. Priapism: This is a condition where your erection lasts for about four hours or longer and does not end. Permanent damage to the penis is indicated if this condition is not treated.
2. Loss of vision and hearing impairment: Viagra may cause Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION). This disorder may lead to loss of vision in one or both the eyes. Tinnitus or hearing impairment is another condition, which may occur as a side effect of consuming Viagra.
You should always consult a doctor before you decide to take as he would know best about the dosage required by your body. He will also advise you about an ideal method of usage.