Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamta Gandhi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta GandhiYour feedback matters!
Every year, millions of people all over the world undergo abdominal surgery. If you belong to that group, you will want to get back on the feet as early as possible. But there are many aspects that patients do which can slow down the recovery process and lead to delayed and uncomfortable and sometimes, fatally dangerous complications.
In recent times, hospitals employ enhanced recovery after surgery or ERAS for pain management, pre-operation eating, and post-operation exercise. The result of this protocol is that the recovery time is reduced by one-third which indicates that you can go home a few days earlier while the rate of complication drops manifold. Regardless of whether you have undergone a hernia repair surgery or removal of gallbladder or hysterectomy or colorectal cancer, the following steps can help you heal faster.
- Get walking as soon as you can: When you are recovering from the abdominal surgery, you should aim for three to four walks regularly. This is because movement helps the lungs to expand which can reduce the chance of having pneumonia which is a common risk of post-surgery. It can help in the movement of blood in the extremities while decreasing the likelihood of blood clots.
- Cut back on narcotic painkillers: Your doctor may recommend a non-opioid pain reliever or an epidural injection which can protect bowel function. But you should try not to rely on these drugs for a longer period and strive to cut down on them since they can cause various complications. They can slow down the function of intestine which causes constipation. This is extremely troubling after undergoing the abdominal surgery and can delay recovery time.
- Drink a lot of liquids: You should start drinking water and other liquids as soon as your doctor allows you to do so. If you are a coffee lover, you can start drinking that as well to prevent caffeine withdrawal symptoms like headaches. But make sure you can drink a lot of water for avoiding dehydration.
- Chew gum: Once you have undergone abdominal surgery, the digestive system would become slow and may decline from the optimal function. It can be extremely uncomfortable and prolong hospital stay. When you chew gum, it makes the body feel that you are eating which will compel the digestive system to start functioning again.
- Spend time on a rocking chair: Most people know that sitting tends to open the lungs better than lying flat. But when you spend time in a rocking chair, the additional activity can be extremely beneficial for your body. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get up and walk.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!