Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamta Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamta AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Sir/Madam I have one problem. My chest is looks like as ladies breast. I feel ashamed in front of others during functions etc. How to remove that shapes and how to get original mans chest. Please give me a suggestion. Is there any treatment to it suggest me & cost also. If you do not mine tell me as early as possible.
I had c sec 5 months back. I have lost all the pregnancy weight and back to my previous pregnancy weight but belly is still there almost 38 inches in size. How can I get it settled?
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
A healthy nervous system is essential for an individual's body to function normally. Comprising of nerves and cells, the system is responsible for carrying messages from and to the brain and spinal cord from other parts of the body. Thus, damage to a nerve may impair the functioning of your body with less-identifiable symptoms to life-threatening conditions. Understanding the types of nerves and the symptoms due to nerve damage helps you to seek medical help when necessary.
Understanding your nervous system
Three types of nerves connect our body parts
- Sensory Nerves: These are finest nerves spreading all over the body which transfers every sensation back to the brain and the spinal cord which makes us feel. Our brain processes this information, and then we feel the sensation.
- Autonomic Nerves: These nerves control the blood pressure, temperature or digestion and other involuntary as well as the activities which are partially controlled by us.
- Motor Nerves: These nerves control the movements done by us that are the voluntary movements, and the brain processes those actions by taking information from these nerves.
What happens when nerve damage occur?
When the autonomic nerves are injured or damaged the symptoms includes the inability to feel or sense the pain in the chest in case of heart attack or angina or any other issues. A condition named as hyperhidrosis in which you sweat or perspire a lot can occur, and in some people, the opposite (anhidrosis) that is very less sweating might be observed. You might feel lightheaded with dry sensation in mouth and eyes. There might be a problem with the digestion and constipation on a regular basis. You might even experience a malfunction of the bladder along with problem during the sexual act.
Any damage to the sensory nerves can cause pain in different parts of the body along with the problem of sensitivity. You might feel highly sensitive to individual elements or motion whereas other people might observe a drop in their senses. There might be numbness, burning sensation or prickling at certain parts of your body. Peripheral neuropathy is a classic example that occurs due to damage to sensory nerves.
In case of damage to motor nerves or the neurons, one may experience weakness along with muscle atrophy. You might face twitching which is also referred as fasciculation. The dangerous part of harm to the motor neurons is the thing that it can cause paralysis in the person.
Other Prevalent Symptoms
A common symptom of any nerve damage is experiencing a problem in moving certain parts of the body, walking, or running. You might feel stiffness in the legs while changing position if you sit or stand in one position for a long time. Few patients may feel dizzy or clumsy which could be due to the drop in the sensation in your body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Knee joint injuries are one of the most common sports and vehicular injury sustained by patients. We have observed that many of these injuries are neglected initially. A knee injury often presents with swelling in the knee along with pain.
A medical evaluation of all knee injuries is mandatory. All knee injuries which are present with swelling and pain should be evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon. A Xray is usually taken.
The pain and swelling disappear in normal course of time but an instability persists in these patients.
An anterior cruciate ligament tear is the most common injury which is diagnosed in these patients. It is also called ACL tear.
The usual symptoms are fear of falling down, locking feeling , inability to make the knee completely straight, difficulty in climbing stairs up or down. All these problems should never be neglected as it will lead to further injuries and increasing damage.
The investigation of choice is an MRI scan.
The ideal treatment in these cases is a keyhole surgery
The surgery is called ACL reconstruction. The torn ligament is replaced with a new graft.The surgery is arthroscopically done.
Breakfast is the most significant meal of the day which helps in boosting the energy which will empower people to carry on all through the day. Having a platter of healthy breakfast improves physical and mental health, and it should ideally be low in fat, cholesterol and sodium content and high in minerals, proteins and vitamins content. Preparation of conventional and nutritious meals in the morning is becoming rare due to our preoccupation with different tasks, and this is where the role of cornflakes comes into being.
Cornflakes are widely acknowledged breakfast cereal and help in preparing meals in almost no time. It is low in fat, provides energy and is highly nutritious. And, the best part is that the cornflakes come in different flavours and are easily available in the market worldwide. The breakfast cereal is produced by combining sugar with milled corn and high fructose corn syrup. It is proven that these flakes offer an easy utilisation of the minerals, vitamins and other nutrients than its non-milled counterparts.
There are different varieties of cornflakes, which include:
- Cornflakes with milk: Cornflakes are a protein rich food. Protein is essential for the red blood cells and for the right functioning of the antibodies which resist infection. Having this type of cornflakes helps in the regulation of the hormones and enzymes as well as repairing body tissues.
- Frosted cornflakes: This cornflakes meal is particularly desirable for growing children. They are considered a rich source of protein, calcium and mineral and the added sugar gives the energy to function properly.
- Honey Cornflakes: Honey cornflakes are quite favourite among kids and adults alike. As they are rich in all the nutrients whereas honey provides thiamin, niacin, riboflavin along with vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. So, you should consider adding this cereal to your daily meals.
- Almond cornflakes: Like honey cornflakes, this variant also combines the goodness of both almonds and cornflakes. Almonds help to improve mental health, strengthens muscles and tissues, prolongs life, and enhances the texture of skin and hair. It is also found beneficial in curing cough and preventing asthma. Thus, you must invest in almond cornflakes for its high nutritional value.
- Carotenoid cornflakes: You can also look for cornflakes rich in beta-cryptoxanthin which is required for improving the health of lungs and prevention of lung cancer. It also assists in promoting cardiovascular health when consumed at moderate levels every day. It is also recommended for individuals suffering from renal issues, and the carotid pigment is associated with prevention of muscular cancer.
- Crushed cornflakes: Though this is not any distinct type of cornflakes, it can be purchased separately and taken in place of breadcrumbs. They make a healthy breakfast when you combine crushed cornflakes with yogurt, pudding or plain milk.
These are the primary variants of the cornflakes, and each of them offers a host of benefits which make them a preferred choice in daily snacks and breakfast.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
a) There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
b) Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
a) Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
b) After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
c) With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
a) In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
b) In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
c) Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors:
a) Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
b) After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
2. Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
3. Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
4. Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. You can also submit your queries or seek for our advice in detail by writing to us.
Top tips for aiding digestion
Too much food and drink? Keep these useful hints and homeopathic medicines in mind
- Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
- Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
- Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.