Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamata
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MamataYour feedback matters!
I am going to turn 18 in November and I got my periods and my full body back is paining very badly I am become dam weak.
Hello Dr. please tell me what's the reason of etopic pregnancy I was etopic 2012 what was the reason & after etopic how long time to conceive because I can't conceive n very much problem for me.
Hey doc. I was afraid of having an STD. So I test myself for HIV twice after 3.5 months and another at 4.5 months and both were negative. So should I worry as I am getting something like small painless thing on the walls of mouth which I can feel and also white tongue. Sometimes also cold sweats at night.
I am 26 years old female and i am having bodyache from last 3months and I got my miscarriage last month. Please tell me what should I take to get rid of it and why is this happening to me?
Being a Nutritionist i always guide my patients that the most important thing is that if you are starting a lifestyle modification it needs to be continued for a the lifetime so that you can lead a healthy life in future. You need to always keep in mind that whatever you are doing is gonna be helpful for you in the later stages. So any change in terms of the diet or complete modification in the lifestyle needs to be constant and permanent in your schedule so that body starts responding in a positive way towards your health.
Are you looking for techniques to detoxify your body? Among the various detoxifying techniques you can opt for, maintaining a detox diet is very important. Consuming food items which are detoxifying in nature is a great way to cleanse the body. Here is a list of foods which should be a part of the detox diet for your body:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of liquids which help the body to wash toxins out. They are beneficial for easy digestion. Containing antioxidants in high amounts along with nutrients, important vitamins and fibre, fruits should be a part of your detoxifying diet.
- Green food: You should consume a lot of food items which are naturally green in colour. They include blue-green algae, wheat grass, kale, spinach, chard and other organic leafy green vegetables. These plants give a chlorophyll boost to your digestive tract, which helps in the elimination of harmful toxins from toxic metals, pesticides, herbicides and cleaning products.
- Citrus fruits: Among fruits, you should have a lot of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. Citrus fruits help the body to flush out toxins and start the enzymatic procedures in the digestive tract. Lemon juice supports the liver in cleansing as well. Vitamin C is a very efficient detox vitamin which transforms toxins into digestible materials.
- Garlic: The pungent little bulb is another amazing detoxifying food. It stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes, which filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Broccoli sprouts: These are rich in antioxidants and have the ability to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract. The sprouts are more beneficial than fully grown broccoli.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and helps in washing out toxins from the system via liquid content. A special antioxidant called catechins present in green tea increase liver function.
- Moong beans: Moong beans have been used as a detoxifying agent in Ayurveda for many years. These are easy to digest and help in the absorption of toxic residue from the walls of the intestine.
- Raw vegetables: You should eat several vegetables such as raw onions, carrots, asparagus, artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, garlic, beet, turmeric and oregano. The combination of the various types will help the liver in eliminating toxins during the process of cleansing. These contain natural sulphur and glutathione, which help in detoxifying the liver from chemicals.
- Seeds and nuts: You should add some easily digestible nuts and seeds to your regular diet. Flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are ideal for natural detoxification.
You should also consume Omega-3 oils such as avocado, hemp and flax seed oil during detoxification. These lubricate the walls of the intestine and allow the toxins to get absorbed by the oil, getting eliminated from the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 3 months pregnant now and taking THYRONORM and folxt tablets. Today all of a sudden I vomited blood twice in span of half an hour. I usually do have vomiting in evening once r twice ever since I am conceived but never had vomited blood. So I want to know why this blood vomiting happened and will this affect me or my baby in anyway. Thanks in advance.
Appendicitis occurs when there is an obstruction in the lining of the appendix, resulting in an infection. Left to itself, it may lead to swelling, inflammation, formation of pus, and rupture of the appendix. The most common symptoms of appendicitis are pain in the abdomen, abdominal swelling, nausea, loss of appetite, high fever.
What is the Appendix?
Appendix is a small, 3.5 inch long pouch-like tube of tissues present in the colon, which is located on the right side of your lower abdomen. Quite a few research studies suggest that the appendix functions as a depository for the good bacteria and helps reboot your digestive system after it is rendered dysfunctional by diseases like diarrhea. However, doctors suggest that the human body can function perfectly without an appendix and hence, one can have their appendix removed in order to prevent bacterial infection or inflammation from spreading to the abdominal cavity.
Appendicitis surgery, also known as appendectomy, is the procedure of removing the appendix before it gets ruptured. There are two methods of performing an appendectomy- open appendectomy and laparoscopic appendectomy.
- Open appendectomy- During the procedure the doctor will make a surgical cut in your lower abdomen to remove the appendix. Moreover, if the appendix has already burst, your abdominal cavity will be cleaned. After that the wound will be carefully stitched. Open appendectomy is the preferred choice for those who’ve had a surgery before, or when the abdominal infection has spread to other body organs.
- Laparoscopic appendectomy- To start with this procedure, the doctor will first make a couple of cuts – usually three - in your abdomen and insert a narrow small tube known as cannula. The cannula inflates your abdomen with carbon dioxide gas, which gives your doctor a clear view of the appendix. Next, a thin long tube with attached camera and light, known as laparoscope, will be inserted through the cut. The camera displays the images of your abdomen and appendix on a monitor screen and thereby allows your doctor to tie it off with stitches and remove it. After the removal, the incision will be cleaned, closed and dressed. This type of surgery is a preferred option for adults who are slightly overweight. Moreover, this procedure is safer and faster as compared to open appendectomy.
Appendectomy is usually a safe and permanent solution to have your appendicitis removed. It does not have many serious complications or side effects. Like all surgeries, there are some post treatment guidelines to quicken the recovery process. You should clear your doubts with your doctor after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!