Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MamataYour feedback matters!
Hello lyb. Doc. To get conceive. On what alternate days. We have to do intercourse. My period usually. My cycle is 31-34 days. We are planning for baby. please suggest.
Hello, I am a girl of 23 years old. Recently I have seen a blog of ayurvedic cures in which it was written that taking ashvagandha powder at night with cow's milk regularly for 45 days will result in increasing height. Please give your suggestion that will it work on me? Does it have any side effects on me. And any effect on menstruation cycle.
If I wear bra which I wash after an interval like Two days, does there is any chances of breast cancer to occur? And what are the things which a women should avoid to prevent from breast cancer. Thank you in advance.
If baby's size is more in 9th month then what to do for normal delivery and what to eat to keep size ok?
I am 19 years old female. I am very slim and periods are lighter? What should I do? In the beginning having heavy period but now I am getting slim also due to tb.
I and my gf done intercourse on 5th day of her date, her regular period date is every month 5. We done protected sex only. But one unprotected sex, that also before sperm comes I stop it. But till now she did not get period. Give prescribe some tablet name to get period. Her age is 25.
Female 23 yrs, newly married, please tell does regular (almost daily) intercourse or usage of oral contraceptive pills can leads to delay in mc dates.
As I took I pill my periods are late by two days .I had unprotected sex on 18th of July on 6th day of my cycle Nd took ecp after 4 hrs. Bt now I am late by two days? Cn I be pregnant? And I have irregular periods also from 2 months.
Is fast breath and breathlessness normal in the 7th month of pregnancy.. Suggest some health tips for 7th month of pregnancy.
Gud Evng Doctor, I got married 2 years ago. My age 25 and my wife age is 20, but we dint didn't have children yet. I checked my Semen test also, report is Normal. Buy we need children. Pls let me know is there any option. & Pls tell me when we meet each other from period date. Doubt: someone told me that, on period day we can meet each other. Is it correct or not?
I am a 26 year female. I want to get Non Hormonal IUD placed. May I know the price of IUD and the best one to be placed and any protocols to be followed for placement of IUD.
I had a sex in 22 january and his period date is 29 january so pregnancy is happen or not pease reply.
• Do not drink more than 2 – 3 cups of tea/coffee during summer; it tends to dehydrate your body. It is diuretic that leads to loss of water from body
• Ensure 8 – 10 glasses of water each day
• Load yourself with water based fruits & vegetables like watermelon, musk melon, apple, peach, blueberries, kiwi, cucumber, zucchini etc
• Make yourself a fruit salad:-
a) Toss your favorite seasonal fruit mangoes, strawberries with plain yoghurt and honey to suit your taste
b)Take cubes of cucumber, add it to curd. Flavor it with a tempering of olive oil + curry leaves + mustard seeds + slit green chilies
• Make a glass of fruit juice: -
a) Deseed water melon & freeze for 20 minutes. Take it and blendrise it; add a pinch of black salt, white pepper powder & lime juice to add a zing to your drink
b) Blend 2 tsp of mint with lime juice, water, ice & ginger juice. Serve it chilled; garnished with mint leaves
• Cold soups like gazpacho is a good option too
We had unprotected sex for a couple of times but he pulled out before cumming. My period is due on 9th april and I have started experiencing unbearable cramps, frequent urge to pee and pain in breast. I Am worried if these are signs of pregnancy. Pls suggest.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.