Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mamata AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Sir/Mam, I am 17 years old I have eye side about (-2.5D) problem what should be do for avoiding grow much weaker eyes? Mam please provide a specific health chart.
Sir, I have to pass psycho test in loco pilot. So please suggest me some tips for my eyes to be good and healthy at the time of medical of loco pilot.
I'm 20 years old and have eye sight problem from 2 month take -0.75 power specs both eyes but water comes from eyes during computer use.
I exotropia in my left eye and I'm afraid of operation so is there any way to fix this without operation?
Feeling comfortable in my right eye when blink and I have also dry eye problems in right eye so please tell me solution.
Sir when I spend a few minutes on laptop, I feel my eyes get irritated. I could not keep looking at the screen. What should I do?
I m 28years female suffering from dark circles as I m working on computer my eyes are weak so I m using contact lens for my eyes vision. 1 Dr. suggested me kojivit gel and carofit plus tab for cure. I just want to ask that for how many months should I take medicine Dr. and can I exchange carofit plus to another tab because I couldn't found this tab in chemist shop. Are dark circles really diminish by using all this because its not heredity for me when I m in fever its get so dark sometimes its get low. What is the true care to remove these ugly circles pls suggest me. Thank you.
My son is having a severe pain in his head. He did check up on his eyes and the grade of left is 400 plus the right is 125. Is it possible from that grade that's why his puking ad having so much pain in his head? Thanks & pls reply.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from dry eye syndrome since last 4 months. I find very hard to work on laptop (can't avoid this as I am student of MCA). I google down and narrowed my search to ciclosporin drug. Also an eye drop RESTASIS. I need further help. Please suggest an eye drop or any other medication.
Sir my eyes paining before 3 days and also my left leg is pain I am football player so what can I do plzz tell me doctor?
Hi My father is suffering from angina pain (no stroke) n he got the angiography done for it. The result says that he is having nearly 100% blockage in his left artery n 75-30% in his other two arteries. So the Dr. Recommend for the bypass surgery only n said no other options (angioplasty/stent/balloon) can be done in this case. Now, we want to get it double check in some other hospital to see if surgery could be ruled out with some different results. Now here comes my question. We want to get the angiography done again to verify the earlier result. But from the different hospital this time. Is it possible for him to get angiography done twice within a short duration of says 20-25 days? Any insight or a candid advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see some expert's comment on this please. Thanks a lot. Regards, Hiral.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.