Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malvika GuptaYour feedback matters!
While putting on braces my dentist had removed 4 of my tooth due to non availability of space to move the teeth backward. I doubt that after moving my teeth backward There will remain some space left. What they will do. Whether new tooth will be put ah or No chance of remaining spaces after treatment of traditional braces. Please advise me.
Whatever I am eat, I vomit it within hours but not the food but saliva only. Then isn't know for what But I as always sneeze and my foot is burning from inside without any rashes.
Dear Sir/Mame-I'm suffering from bad breathe from 10 to 15 years. But my teeth is clean & so much white. I'm brushing twice a day. I feel dry mouth problem. I don't have any bad habits like smoking, drinking & many more. But only some time I'm eating happy dent chewing gum. I'm 23 years old & I'm 2nd year student, this problem is not good for me. And I'm always taking care of my teeth. Pls suggest me 1 best mouth wash. And please plz help me. I'm waiting. Thank You.
I am 45 year old man and I was heavy pain of jaw and teeth from 10 days, doctor also extirpate one teeth but, my pain is not less. Kindly help me.
What should be done when having a tooth cavity. Can you suggest some medicines apart from injection.
I am facing teeth prblm from last 4 days .there is a prblm of muscles whch came uppr sde of new nw teeth due to which it crete prblm during ate ?
Sir. .in ma one teeth got cavity but recently I found little gum inflammation inside cavity but no pain. please give suggestion. and tell why that has occurred.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.