Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mallik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MallikYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor After intercourse my sperm coming out from her vagina what should I do to avoid this problem please suggest me. Is it my problem are her how can I solve this issue. Thanks and regards.
Aftr taking ovral tablet wan vil I get periods it's sInce 4 days still I didn't get my periods yet please help.
The incidences of breast and ovarian cancer are on a rise. A shocking survey reveals in India, ~ 48% women with breast cancer are below the age of 50 years. The reason could be a lot of factors including lack of awareness and a delay in the diagnosis of the condition. When it comes to breast and ovarian cancer, a particular diagnostic test that has gained immense popularity over the last few years is the BRCA (BRCA1 and BRCA2) gene test. In this article, we will discuss facts related to the BRCA gene test, including its merits.
What are the BRCA genes?
The BRCA1 gene comes under the class of genes known as Tumor Suppressor Gene (antioncogene). As indicative of the name, these genes are responsible for suppressing the formation of tumors by regulating the cell division and growth, as it ensures that cell does not undergo rapid and abnormal division and proliferation. The BRCA genes also undergo mutations and modifications some of which may be harmful enough to cause cancer.
BRCA Gene Test
An early detection of breast and ovarian cancer often produces fruitful results in the successful treatment of the disorder. In the majority of the cases, genetic mutations or modifications act as a catalyst resulting in the abnormal multiplication of cells that eventually gives rise to cancer. The BRCA1 and 2 (Breast Cancer genes 1 and 2) genes play a significant role in breast and ovarian cancer. Mutation in either one of the genes (or at times both) makes a woman highly susceptible to developing breast and ovarian cancer at some point in their lives (depending on how harmful the mutation is).
- The BRCA gene mutation is inherited and can be passed on to the subsequent generations making the situation even worse.
- BRCA1 gene mutation may also make a person susceptible to incidences of colon and prostate cancer.
- The BRCA gene test is basically a blood test that is carried out to find if there are any mutations (often inherited) in the BRCA1 or the BRCA2 gene.
Benefits of BRCA gene test
- Women who have a family history of breast cancer or show signs of breast or ovarian cancer are often advised to undergo the BRCA gene test.
- The gene test keeps a woman updated about their health status, thereby enabling them to carry out the necessary preventive measures or treatment to deal with the condition better.
- In fact, every woman after the age of 20 should undergo the BRCA gene test.
However, there are instances (though rare) where a woman did develop breast cancer in spite of testing negative for the BRCA test indicating others gene mutations can also lead to breast cancer. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had an unprotected intercourse so can I take emergency contraceptive is it safe does it has any side effects.
I am 34 years old woman. My vagina has lost elasticity .so cannot satisfy by sexual intercourse. Pls help.
Hi doctor. I am in 30 week pregnancy. My baby bump is normal. It didn't look like a pregnant lady. Everybody says that my baby's growth can't occur properly but my doctor says that it is perfect. How can I know that my baby is growing properly or not. Now my weight is 60 kg.
Pulmonary edema is a disorder wherein fluid accumulates in the lungs leading to lack of oxygen in the body. The usual cause of pulmonary edema is congestive heart failure (the muscles of the heart are unable to pump blood). In this disorder, the heart has to work extra hard to pump blood, so this adds extra pressure on the blood vessels that are present in the lungs. In a bid to relieve this added pressure, fluid is released into the lungs by the blood vessels.
The function of your lungs is to take in oxygen from the air and circulate it in the bloodstream. However, fluid accumulation in the lungs impairs the ability to supply oxygen in the blood. As the oxygen does not reach the blood, the body gets deprived of oxygen.
The most frequent cause of pulmonary edema is congestive heart failure. Some other causes of pulmonary edema are pneumonia, failure of the kidney, damage to the lungs, high blood pressure and sepsis of the blood (infection). Apart from these internal medical causes, certain external factors such as exposure to high altitudes, drug overdose and inhalation of toxic substances can also cause pulmonary edema.
The symptoms of pulmonary edema are coughing, swelling of the legs, breathlessness and wheezing. In case of severe pulmonary edema, symptoms such as respiratory failure, shock and organ damage due to lack of oxygen may occur.
The initial step to treat pulmonary edema is to administer oxygen. Oxygen is given through a nasal cannula; it is a flexible tube made of plastic with two openings that allow oxygen to be delivered to the nostrils. The oxygen levels in your body are closely monitored by the doctor.
Based on the cause of pulmonary edema, the following treatments are administered:
- Morphine: Morphine is administered to reduce breathing difficulties and anxiety.
- Preload reducers: These medications help relieve the pressure in the lungs and the heart. Diuretics are a type of preload reducers; it is also known to cause excessive urination.
- Afterload reducers: Afterload reducers are medications that relieve pressure from the left ventricle by dilating the blood vessels.
- Use of blood pressure medication: Pulmonary edema caused by blood pressure changes i.e. if the disorder is caused by changes in your blood pressure, then blood pressure medications are administered to get your pressure back to normal levels. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi i am 26 yrs old married women now I have a 5 month old baby. Now I wanna stop for 5 yrs. Please suggest me.
Mere utress me bhut swelling rehta hai jiski wajah se mere kabhi jyada bleeding to kbhi kan bleeding rhta h. Periods bhi barabar nahi aata 2 month me aata hai thyroid etc sb test ho gye h thyroid nhi h mere bs uterus me hi swelling bahut rehta h please suggest me Dr.
As physiotherapist, we recommend that you carry out physical movements worth 60 minutes everyday to maintain your physical health.