Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Malik Satish Chander
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malik Satish ChanderYour feedback matters!
Sir I have always pain on my waist how can I release from this problem please give me idea sir about it.
I am 14 years old. I am unable to concentrate on the specific thing that I am doing, any way to solve my problem.?
How to get rid of alcohol abuse. My close relative has tried everything including medications, outings, sitting and discussing with everyone and is taking alcohol day in n day out since morning to night since last 20 yrs. Please advise.
My husband is molesting our girl child, but refuses to admit & gets very furious, when confronted. It is causing lot of stress on me & creating differences between us. I don't want to take any extreme step, as it may ruin my child's life. What should I do?
Born as a male but feel like a female OR born as a female but feel like a male. Some persons are unable to feel comfortable in the physical gender that they are born in; their mind, brain, feeling and thoughts are all of the opposite sex. This uncomfortableness in their mind about their physical gender is termed as Gender Identity Disorder.
What's the cause?
We do not know the exact cause of this disorder, but it is hypothesized that developmental changes in the brain and the body do not sync, and the brain/mind is left with a different gender than the body. This is mostly an unidentifiable and unpredictable change.
What are the symptoms?
- Children might express a desire to dress up as the opposite sex.
- They might express replusion at one's own sex organs/genitals.
- As adolescence begins, they do not develop feelings of attraction towards members of the opposite sex. Some complain of revulsion about their pubertal changes.
- Males want to pee while sitting down, while females want to do it standing up.
- Their behavior is often more like that of the opposite sex, e.g. boys might display feminine gestures, while girls might indulge in risk taking and reckless behavior.
- As they become adult, a realisation that they are stuck in a body that they do not like causes depression and anxiety.
Diagnosis: A diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) is made based on a detailed assessment by a Psychiatrist, who is specially trained in this assessment. WPATH standards mandate that this is an ongoing assessment, and involves facilitating the process of Hormonal Treatment and eventual Sex Reassignment Surgery. The whole process can take 2-3 years.
Treatment: For those who have severe GID, eventual sex reassignment surgery is the treatment and outcome. However, support of family, friends and a Good Psychiatrist can enable a smooth transition. Psychiatrists will often use antidepressants and anxiolytics to make it easier for the person to cope with societal and family pressures.
Hi Sir, I am 26 years old. I masturbated 3-4 times a day in teenage years daily. But from past 4 years I am masturbating after 10-15 days or after 1 month. I had my first sex with a call girl last year and had with 4-5 different call girls till now with protection. And I kept gap of 1.5 -2 month between intercourses. My problem is I ejaculated before penetrating or just after inserting every time. And also I was not as erect as I am while masturbating. Is these are the symptoms of PE and ED? Or due to anxiety? And pls provide some remedies and diet to improve the same.
I am a 19 year old virgin boy. I often get sexual thoughts and whenever I study or think or see even a footage of something sexual, I get aroused and do something which is not good for my health. I have been advised to keep myself busy but it hasn't worked since one time or the other you'll be free, what should I do?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a type of personality disorder characterized by an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image and behaviour. This often results in impulsive actions and problems in relationships and at work. You may experience intense episodes of various emotions like anger, depression and anxiety that may last for a few hours to a few days.
Diagnosis of BPD
If you experience the following 10 symptoms for a long time or if they have had a huge impact on your daily life, you may say that you are suffering from BPD:
- Feeling of being abandoned. You feel that people may abandon you and are constantly worried about that. You would do anything to stop it.
- Frequent mood swings. You experience intense emotions that last from a few hours to a few days. E.g. You suddenly start feeling low and depressed after feeling very happy and confident for a while.
- Lack of identity. You don’t know who you are and do not have a strong sense of your being.
- Unable to sustain relationships. You find it very hard to retain relationships and make new ones.
- You feel empty from within all the time.
- Make impulsive decisions and show sudden reactions. You do things to harm yourself like binge eating, drug abuse or driving dangerously.
- You inflict pain on yourself or have suicidal feelings.
- You have anger issues which are very difficult to control.
- You get paranoid or dissociate when you’re stressed.
- You experience all your emotions very intensely be it anger, happiness or sadness.
Self-Care - How can you help yourself?
If you start feeling overwhelmed, focus on one feeling at a time. It will help channelize your energy and thoughts into finding a solution for that emotion. Different therapies help different people at different times. You are the best judge to decide what benefits you the most.
Follow these tips to get through the various emotions that you may experience.
- When you are angry and frustrated
- Rip a newspaper
- Hit a pillow
- Listen to your favourite music
- Go for a walk or do some vigorous exercise
- When you are depressed and lonely
- Wrap yourself in a blanket and watch your favourite movie or TV show.
- Write all the negative feelings on a piece of paper and tear the paper.
- Use positive affirmations to comfort yourself.
- Cuddle a pillow/pet/soft toy
- When you are tensed and anxious
- When you want to harm yourself
- Rub ice over the parts where you want to hurt yourself.
- Take a cold-water bath to cool yourself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!