Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I'm a 17 years old girl, suffering from heavy hairfall since many years and I've lost more than half of my hair. Please suggest something that could've gone wrong.
Why is papaya a great food?
- High In Fiber – Papaya is a great source of dietary fiber . This nutrient absorbs toxins in the colon that can cause cancer and eliminates them from the body through bowel movement. Due to its rich fiber content, papaya aids digestion and imparts a beautiful glow to your skin.
- Rich In Vitamins And Minerals – Papaya contains abundant amounts of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant . It also aids wound healing, reduces the risk of cancer due to oxidative stress, and boosts your immunity to fight common ailments such as cold and cough. This fruit is also replete with vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, iron, potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, and magnesium. Vitamin A is required to maintain healthy vision while phosphorus is needed for good heart health.
- Rich In Antioxidants – The antioxidants present in dried papaya help to strengthen immunity and eliminate free radicals that are hazardous to your health. This fruit contains more amount of beta-carotene than in carrots.
- Abundant In Bioflavonoids – Also known as vitamin P, bioflavonoids are semi-essential nutrients that work as nature’s modifiers and respond to biological changes in the body. The bioflavonoids in papaya modify the reaction of the body to viruses, carcinogens, and allergens, thereby protecting it from harmful and life-threatening diseases.
Skin Benefits of Papaya:
- Moisturises the Skin
- Clears Pigmentation
- Reduces Wrinkles
- Reduces under eye dark circles
- Cures Eczema and Psoriasis
- Treats Melasma
- Removes Tan
- Controls Acne Breakout
Hair Benefits of Papaya:
1. Stimulates Hair Growth
2. Controls Dandruff
3. Conditions Hair
What to do in a fracture if the doctor says that this fracture needs to be operated and if the patient is diabetic and blood pressure patient?
I am 27 years old and my knee having extra increased bones that's why I have much pain in knee joint and down legs. What should I do?
My friend has some kind of shivering attack before some days, after consulting a doctor, the doctor told him that the attack was due to epilepsy. So I want to know what are the symptoms of epilepsy?
Hi doc. My brother has blackness in forehead since 4-5 yrs. He is not much fair complexed. Is it sun tan? Please suggest a remedy for it. Thankyou.
I am suffering from depression. Should I take any medicine or only councelling will help? which medicine should I take?
Can swimming 5 days a week help build my spine stronger? I have a history of Backache and have multiple spasms for 5 years now. How can I help myself with swimming. I want to avoid medication or surgery. I'm 28 years of age.
Sir my grandmother was recently operated for a fracture in leg where the broken bone injured a artery after the operation the leg is not moving and is slowly turning blue doctors are saying that it was due to error in artery joining and due to which blood circulation has stopped in the leg. They are suggesting to cut the leg else there is a life risk in cleaning the blood clot sir I wanna know is there any other way to start the circulation again so that there would not be a need to cut her leg please reply soon.
Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
I am losing hairs quickly. I have also tried much shampoo but no effect. I also have dandruff. Please help me.
IBS is a common intestinal disorder causing pain in the stomach, gas, diarrhea and constipation. The condition affects millions of people around the world, mostly women. It may not fully be cured, but the condition can be kept under control diet and lifestyle changes and in severe cases with medication and treatment. The most common affected age groups are between 6 to 18 and 41 to 60.
Causes: There are several triggers to IBS although doctors are yet to determine a specific cause. Because IBS happens more in women than men, some people believe that hormones are responsible for it. Other studies suggest that IBS is triggered when
- The colon becomes hypersensitive reacting to an external stimulation
- The bowel muscles spasm causing diarrhea or constipation
- The muscles in the bowel don't squeeze normally, causing diarrhea or constipation
- There is an imbalance in chemicals like serotonin and gastrin which are responsible for the communication between the brain and the digestive system
- Certain bacteria in the bowel can cause this condition
So far, there are no extensive studies to back any of these theories.
Signs and symptoms: People with IBS have symptoms that can include diarrhea and /or constipation, sometimes alternating with each other, stomach cramps, gas and bloating and a belly that sticks out. Stress may, in some cases, aggravate the problem.
Diagnosis: Unfortunately there are no specific tests to identify IBS as the causes itself can vary in a big spectrum. Using your symptoms as a guide, the doctor may run tests to check for food allergies, lactose intolerance, reactions to any medications you may be taking like blood pressure drugs, infection in the stomach, enzyme deficiencies where the pancreas isn't releasing enough enzymes to digest the food properly and inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease. You may have to undergo a colonoscopy or endoscopy, blood tests, stool tests and allergy tests for your doctor to devise a treatment that can best treat your specific symptoms.
Treatment: Because the symptoms and causes are so varied, there is no one specific treatment of IBS. You will need to identify and understand your specific triggers to isolate it and then make changes accordingly in conjunction with lifestyle change and medication.
Lifestyle changes: Look at IBS as a trigger to make you move into a healthier lifestyle and improved diet. Here are some basic changes that your doctor may prescribe
- Avoid coffee tea and sugary sodas
- Drink 8 glasses of water per day and time your water intake as per your food
- Limit fatty foods, milk and cheese
- Add wholesome fiber to your food.
- Relax and get some me time
- Add a good quantity of regular exercise
There is nothing here that you already didn't know can lead to a healthier life. It's just that you'll have to take it seriously now that the doctor has prescribed it for you. If you suspect that you are suffering from IBS, consult your expert medical practitioner today!