Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Malaya Ghosh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Malaya GhoshYour feedback matters!
Hi. If anyone misses her regular contraceptive pill during ovulation period. Then is there any possibility to get pregnant?
Its been one month 18day I did not have my mensuration. I had a pregnancy test which is negative. Still I am not getting down. Can you please help me out. What should I do?
Melanoma is a cancer that develops in melanocytes, the pigment cells present in the skin. It can be more serious than the other forms of skin cancer because it may spread to other parts of the body (metastasize) and cause serious illness and death. About 50,000 new cases of melanoma are diagnosed in the United States every year.
Because most melanomas occur on the skin where they can be seen, patients themselves are often the first to detect many melanomas. Early detection and diagnosis are crucial. Caught early, most melanomas can be cured with relatively minor surgery.
- Moles, brown spots and growths on the skin are usually harmless — but not always. Anyone who has more than 100 moles is at greater risk for melanoma. The first signs can appear in one or more atypical moles. That's why it's so important to get to know your skin very well and to recognize any changes in the moles on your body. Look for the ABCDE signs of melanoma, and if you see one or more, make an appointment with a physician immediately.
- The benign mole, left, is not asymmetrical. If you draw a line through the middle, the two sides will match, meaning it is symmetrical. If you draw a line through the mole on the right, the two halves will not match, meaning it is asymmetrical, a warning sign for melanoma.
- A benign mole has smooth, even borders, unlike melanomas. The borders of an early melanoma tend to be uneven. The edges may be scalloped or notched.
- Most benign moles are all one color — often a single shade of brown. Having a variety of colors is another warning signal. A number of different shades of brown, tan or black could appear. A melanoma may also become red, white or blue.
- Benign moles usually have a smaller diameter than malignant ones. Melanomas usually are larger in diameter than the eraser on your pencil tip (¼ inch or 6mm), but they may sometimes be smaller when first detected.
- Common, benign moles look the same over time. Be on the alert when a mole starts to evolve or change in any way. When a mole is evolving, see a doctor. Any change — in size, shape, color, elevation, or another trait, or any new symptom such as bleeding, itching or crusting — points to danger.
Pls am experiencing change in my menstrual period. Then I av flow of blow for three days after then little in the fourth and fifth day and nothing in the six day, bt now after blood flow for three days the fourth and fifty day I see no blood don't no if dats gud for my health kindly advice me.
Dear drs, Am working in abroad for the last 5 years. My marriage was before one year, we lived together only 30 days on that month. We tried for a babe but was failure. So this time I bring my wife abroad for a 3 month visit. My wife have pcod. Last June 15th doctor advised for a abdominal and pelvic scan. From the result doctor said that there is no normal ovulation happening. Wife have 150 cm height and 56 kg weight, so doctor given metformin tablet and told us to try. After 6 months of her food control and exercise she got 56 kg from 62 kg. And got periods regular for the last 4 months but this month 4 days late. Before yesterday found a brown color spot from the inner wear only one time, the very next day started the period bleeding and vomiting and headache also. For a baby how can we overcome these problems kindly help as soon as possible. Thanking You.
Renal hypertension is a disorder, which is characterized by a rise in the blood pressure that results from kidney disease. The blood flow to the kidney is impaired due to the narrowing of the arteries and this leads to renovascular hypertension.
The various symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- You may experience symptoms of high blood pressure.
- Your kidneys may not function properly due to the impaired supply of blood
- It may lead to presence of blood in your urine
- You may be affected by pulmonary edema that results in accumulation of fluid in the lungs
- It may result in severe headaches and confusion
- You may experience blurred vision
- You may have nosebleeds
- The impaired kidney function may also lead to chronic kidney damage.
The various causes of renal hypertension are:
- Accumulation of cholesterol in the body may lead to blockage of the artery due to plaque buildup
- Smoking may increase your chances of getting affected by narrow arteries
The narrowing of the arteries causes a reduction in the blood supply to the kidneys. This results in the kidneys to release various hormones that instruct the body to hold on to water and sodium. This causes the fluid to accumulate in the blood vessels, thus resulting in high blood pressure.
The various risk factors renal hypertension are:
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Substance abuse
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Medications used to treat high blood pressure are used to treat renal hypertension. It is important that you get your blood pressure levels checked on a regular basis. You need to make certain lifestyle changes such as: