Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Maina BansalYour feedback matters!
I am having knee joint pain and its getting serious to extent its hard for me fold pls what is the remedy am still a 26 year please.
I have a dark blood clotted like spot inside the white portion of my eye since some years. Can I remove it?
I am 21 year boy and I am very thin so I want to get good health so which medicine should I take and that don't have any side effects.
Hello muje bhar rhte hue 6 year ho gye or mere hair growth bilkul ni hoti. Or muje 3 month m minimum 5 inch bal bdane h .so please muje kuch recommend kriye jisse meri hair growth ho Thanks
I am having 8-10 vitiligo spots at my foot from last 5year, I would like to know the best treatment to cure vitiligo effectively. Regards,
Hai my friend is smoking Marijuana from past 6 months. What are the side effects and also what's the cure for the done damage.
I am pregnant. LMP was 21st Jan. Expected delivery date is 28th October. I HV a plan in bw to go Dubai from 12-16 April and then 17-18 Delhi-mumbai. Is it safe to travel by flight?
I have my periods for about 7 days. I had my periods on 28 september which ended on 4 october. I had protected sex (with condom) on 5 october. I get my periods after 28 days of gap but this time I got my periods in midnight at 20 october 12: 30 am almost 16 days after my periods ended. Am I pregnant? If not what is this?
I have pain in my left knee .what are the remedies for it. Does it is curable. What are the medicine for it. Please suggest some medicine for it.
Having hair loss from last 10 year I hv tried all type of medicine and multivitamin but no effects please tell m what can I do.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.