Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahtab Alam
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahtab AlamYour feedback matters!
I am teenager how I manage my teeth, eye hair. Please some information about human habits. What benefits do exercise regularly.
If you thought dental health could take a backseat amidst other demanding health problems, you surely haven’t experienced the unbearable pain of tooth cavities. Problems pertaining to your teeth could be many. From open nerve endings to weak and brittle teeth, anything could plague you. To take proper care of your teeth, you should visit your dentist frequently.
A few basic ways to maintain healthy teeth
- Pay heed to the kind of toothbrush you use: The kind of toothbrush you use plays a key role in discerning the health of your teeth. Many tend to use toothbrushes with hard bristles for brushing; this causes the enamel of your teeth to wear away. As a result, the dentine shows and a person reveals yellowish teeth every time he or she smiles. To soften the bristles of your toothbrush, you could wash it in lukewarm water prior to brushing.
- Certain food items should be strictly avoided: Junk food or packaged food is not just harmful for your overall health, but also for your teeth. Any food rich in starches or sugars can have acidic effects on your teeth enamel. Acids can corrode the enamel of your teeth. Hence, one should remember to consume food items that contain little amounts of sugar and starch. The reason why everybody around prohibited you from having too many chocolates as a child can be realized in the aforementioned point.
- Brushing and flossing routine: It is absolutely essential to brush your teeth twice daily. Flossing is what makes brushing effective. Many people are not aware of the right way to floss. Flossing should be done in a way so as to get rid of plaque that tends to settle down in between your teeth or right underneath your gums. The floss should be curved in the shape of a C for proper cleaning. Deposition of food particles when left to rot inside your mouth can cause graver problems other than bad breath.
- Give up your addiction: Smoking can kill the well-being of your teeth. It reduces the amount of blood circulated into a person’s mouth thus, making him or her more prone to the risk of oral cancers. Your chances of contracting periodontal diseases also increase when you smoke. So, healthy teeth and smoking can never go hand in hand.
- Never eat too many snacks: Eating in between meals or binge eating generally causes a lot of harm to your dental health. The more number of snacks a person intakes, the more is the concentration of sugar on his or her teeth. Care should be taken to eat four complete meals a day and less of snacks which are rich in sugar or carbohydrates. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I have cavity in teeth. Last night its too painful please suggest me some good medicine for soon relax.
My lower left side second molar teeth partly broken last three month.At present when I take solid food,I am felling slight pain.What I will do? What's is remedy?
I am suffering from a teeth disease. I did not know its name. Because of this, all my tooth are covered by a white layer. My tooth are looking yellowish every time. Even I brushed well everyday, always the disease occurs. Please give me a proper solution. Thank you :)
Dental cavities, often the result of tooth decay is a natural factor that occurs in all humans. However, depending upon the amount of care that you give to your teeth, dental cavities usually occur at different time periods for different people. For children who eat a lot of sweets, dental cavities are likely to arise at an early age if they do not protect their teeth by brushing them in the morning and at night. Similarly, dental cavities can also arise in young people, and is one of the prime reasons for loss of teeth. In order to understand how to take care of dental activities, it is important to first understand what causes them.
Bacteria usually lives within a person's mouth. The bacteria are responsible for converting the food in to acids. The food pieces, mixed with the acids, the bacteria and the saliva all combine, resulting in the formation of a sticky substance known as plaque. As a person chews his food, the plaque tends to get stuck to the teeth. Over the passage of time, as the plaque is not removed from the teeth, it turns in to a substance which is known as tartar. The tartar begins to irritate the gums, which results in diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis.
Tooth decay begins to take place if the plaque is not removed from the teeth. For an average person, plaque begins to set in 20 minutes after eating, ultimately damaging the enamel on your teeth, and creating holes in your teeth, which in dental terminology, are regarded as dental cavities. Caring for dental cavities is not an overnight procedure; a person needs to be consistent in cleaning their teeth. However, once dental cavities, or the holes, have been formed in a person's teeth, they can only be rectified by a professional dentist.
Filling is one of the most common treatments chosen by individuals who have dental cavities. Dentists usually fill the teeth by first removing the decayed material with the help of a drill, and then use another material, often being porcelain or composite resin, in order to fill it up. In some instances, gold, silver and platinum are also used. For frontal teeth, porcelain and composite resin are usually preferred, as they both match the appearance of natural teeth in a person.
The second method is 'crowning. If the tooth structure is significantly limited and the dental cavities are extensive, this might be the preferred option. The first step is the removal of the decayed or damaged area. Once the damaged part has been removed, a crown is placed over the top of the tooth, hence covering the area. Often times, the crown is made out of metal or composite resin or porcelain, and is affixed with a metallic structure.