Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MahimaYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir Just need your guidance about health drinks for my 3 years old daughter. Is it good for her eg. Horlicks, bournvita etc. Please suggest, should I go for these items or avoid usage?
My baby is of 3 years & 8 months old. He is not going to potty from the last days. Even if he go, he will do it in small. He is facing this problem frequently kindly suggest medication.
Can a nephrotic syndrome child take salt in food? Is it harmful for him? How can nephrotic syndrome be cured?
Can we give baby of 5 months anything else than mother feeding? Or we should continue mothers milk till 6 months can you suggest me at what month I should start giving my child juice or any other liquid cereal? Please sugest?
My son is 8 years old and his weight is nearly 20 kgs. Please suggest health diet for him as breakfast while going for school.
Dear doctor I am father of nine years old daughter. From last one or two years we are facing a problem. Some times it happened like when we are sleeping my daughter get up and start moving around in the room or near by it seems like she is sleeping and un consciously making all the moves. I would like you to suggest me some good medicine and suggestion for further treatment. Regards inderjeet thanks doctor.
My baby is 7 months old and simce 2 days is suffering from loose motion around 2 to 3 times a day. Would like to know whether this is teething symptoms as I have checked and could not find teeth coming. What would you suggest in such circumstance ?
My son is 2 yrs old . He is having my feed till now . Now i want him to feed not any more bt my breast are full of milk and if i dont feed him i feel sever pain in my breasts . Wt should i do ?
Seizure is a sudden change in behavior that is the consequence of brain dysfunction.
Approximately 0.5–1% of population has epilepsy.
ome seizures are provoked i.e. that occur in the metabolic derangement, drug or alcohol withdrawal and in situations like acute paralysis or acute encephalitis. Such patients are not considered to have epilepsy because these seizures would not recur in the absence of the provocation.
Less than 50% of epilepsy cases will have an identifiable cause such as head trauma, brain tumor, paralysis, infection, brain malformation etc.
Having one seizure does not always mean that the patient would always get a seizure.
One episode of seizure may not require treatment.
Hospitalization is required in the first seizure only if it is associated with prolonged post seizure altered level of consciousness.
Patients with unprovoked seizure may not be allowed to drive for some time.
In children, seizure can occur with high grade fever.
In adults, the first episode of seizure may be due to worms in the brain. In such a situation, it may be necessary to do an MRI test.
A patient with seizure can get married, live a normal life and produce children.
It is a misnomer that during a fit you need to make the person smell a shoe.
During epilepsy, never put the fingers inside the mouth of the patient as you could be bitten. Use a spoon instead to prevent tongue bite.
A patient with epilepsy fall will have stiffness in the body; on the contrary, patient with cardiac loss of consciousness will fall loose.
A seizure that lasts for more than 5–10 minutes requires specialized attention.
Any advances in treatment of psoriasis? for 2 years on 3x/week dialysis following pneumonia. How can I revover from ckd 5?
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.