Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Garg
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh GargYour feedback matters!
Doctor, My Mother is having tinnitus and she is taking Vertin 16. Also she has rheumatoid arthritis for which she took Sazo 1000, Supracal D, Folitrax and Prednisone for almost 3 years which was described by her physicians. The problem started for last 1 month, she is frequently getting drowsiness and tired. We consulted a neuro physician who took serum test and concluded that she has loss of Vitamin D3. He ha suggested for ReNerve injection for 1 week and to continue Vertin if she has tinnitus. She is getting very much drowsy after taking Vertin and gets tired. How to get her back to normal? Kindly help Her age is 60.
Hi, I'm 19 years old from Delhi need your advice that. What is kegel exercise and what is its effect on sex life ? Is it suitable to do in this age ?
Hello sir/madam. My elder sister has 31 year only and she is suffering from type-2diabetes melitus and also have thyroid problem i. E increase in t3 &t4. Some time she have saviour chest and stomach pain and also have gastric and acidity problem. So please kindly tell sir/madam if any problem is there? Nd please give some suggestion about it.
What is erectile dysfunction and hw it can be cured Wanna know abut it it's symptoms Can it be curable so that one can enjoy happy married life.
How to control diabetes: Prior to Breakfast (Empty stomach) - 165 and After Break Fast -295. Female aged 54 Years.
I am a 28 year old unmarried boy I am doing masturbation almost daily since last 11 year. I want to know whether it is safe or not? I read that having to much masturbation is harmful but I never get to know that what is too much. What is the limit of masturbation beyond which it is harmful? I personally do not face any harmful effect of masturbation till now but worried for future problems. Please give your valuable suggestion/opinion.
Yummy delicious food definitely has the potential to make you drool and most foods taste best when served hot. Another common habit that most people have is that of reheating the food, before eating. But have you ever given it a thought that it can be a highly unhealthy practice? Yes, you read it right, it is the most unhealthy practice, especially when it comes to certain foods.
A quick list of foods is mentioned below, which should never be reheated :
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms can enhance the taste of any dish and it is common that the leftovers are stored aside to be savored the next day. This unknown mistake can cost you dearly. Mushrooms are a rich source of protein. On reheating, some of the proteins break drown, which not only changes the flavor of the food but also produces certain toxins. These toxins can lead to upset stomach and digestive problems. Eating reheated mushroom repeatedly can even result in cardiac problems.
- Chicken: Having chicken on this list can be quite a heartbreak, as many people use the cooked chicken for 2-3 days. Again, chicken is another excellent source of protein and reheating it will produce toxins, which can result in health complications such as digestive problems. If you want to stay healthy, avoid reheating the cooked chicken.
- Celery and spinach: Spinach and celery are both commonly used in soups and are rich in nitrates. Therefore, when you reheat the soup to make it more palatable, the nitrates present in the ingredients are converted to nitrites. Nitrite is carcinogenic in nature and is actually toxic to the body. Thus, you must never reheat any dish containing celery, spinach and other nitrate-rich foods like turnips, beet, and carrots.
- Eggs: Seldom will you find a person who does not like eggs. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, eggs can be consumed as boiled, scrambled or in form of a curry. Like chicken, meat and mushrooms, eggs are an excellent source of proteins, which is a reason enough to include them in your diet. However, reheating egg preparations will destroy all the associated health benefits, as the protein in the egg deteriorates it can lead to digestive problems. The best idea would be to prepare the dish and have it immediately.
- Rice: Almost everyone reheats the rice before eating with the belief that having cold rice can cause health problems. This is a misconception that will do you no good. Cooked rice should be eaten immediately. It is believed that uncooked rice contains bacterial spores that often causes food poisoning. When you keep the cooked rice unrefrigerated at room temperature, these spores undergo rapid multiplication. Reheating will do the spores no harm. If you want to store cooked rice, always refrigerate it.
- Potatoes: Storing the cooked potatoes at room temperature can act as a catalyst in enhancing the growth of Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium responsible for botulism (a type of food poisoning that can result in flaccid paralysis of muscles). Thus, if you have to consume them at a later stage, its best to refrigerate them and not leave them at room temperature.
- Oil: Certain oils such as avocado, grapeseeds, walnut and hazelnut can become smelly with an unpleasant taste when reheated, as these have a low smoke point. Oils when heated above the point of 375 degrees F, they produce a toxin 4-hydroxy-2-trans-nonenal or HNE, which can increase the bad cholesterol i.e LDL, thus increasing the risk of heart diseases.
It is evident that reheating certain foods can be a slow poison to your health, thus avoid reheating foods as much as possible. In case you a concern consult an expert and get your answers.