Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Am suffering from severe back pain often. Underwent a Cesarean section 3 years back. Please help with some tips.
While playing football my knee got banges with one of the player's knee, now I am not able to walk comfortably. When is press that region of knee I feel severe pain. Please help. Is this serious injury?
I fell from a motorbike skidding on a soil/clay road 10 days back. Bike safety guard slightly pressed my leg MTP Joint, there is no fracture/swelling but pain persist, I didn't use any pain killers or cloth thinking it would heal automatically since there is no swelling/injury. Please advise.
I am 17 years and I have walking problem something like my knee goes inwards and my lower leg goes outwards. What should I do? please help.
I am am suffering from chronic and severe sneezing for the past 20 years. This is now giving me severe problems like back pain, asthma. Doctors have prescribed anti histamines and I am taking levo cetrizine daily. But the effects are limited. Please suggest if there is any cure.
I am 18 years old and because of my big height of 6.1 feet my back is curved and down and I feel s I feel pain when I make my back straight so what can I do to straight my back.
I am 46 years male bit over weight of 87 kg. Since last 2 months am suffering from severe joints pain. Have consulted doctor and he gave me medicines and said its symptoms of chicken gunia. My blood report is clear and negative. But doctor says this pain will remain inspite of taking some medicines it will remain for 3 months or 6 months also. Just wanted to know in this case what exactly happen to internal body part and whats the reason of joint pain each and every joints of body is paining so much. Please advise and give your expert suggestion.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.