Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh AgarwalYour feedback matters!
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the Gastroesophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms. Let us find out more about this condition.
- Routine: Hyperemesis Gravidarum usually strikes as a matter of routine at a set time everyday where the patient will either be in unappetising company of acute and painful acidity and nausea, or will also be vomiting.
- Severity: The severity of the condition usually decreases as the patient's pregnancy progresses. Usually, this condition strikes around the fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, before becoming better towards the middle of the second trimester. There are cases, though, where it continues to be just as severe till the very end of the pregnancy.
- When to take action: The patient may have to be hospitalised in case too much vomiting takes place, so as to prevent excess loss of water and salt from the body, and resultant weakness which may affect the growth of the foetus. Also, it is best to call the doctor when you have experienced fainting and dizzy spells.
- Causes: Hyperemesis Gravidarum or excessive vomiting during pregnancy cannot be attributed to any specific or single cause. Usually, it is known to be a genetic condition passed down by mothers to their daughters. But in most cases, doctors believe that the condition is due to hormonal changes, where an increase in the HCG hormone, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone level during pregnancy may lead to a variety of symptoms such as morning sickness or excessive vomiting. This hormone is known to be at its peak during pregnancy.
- Risk Factors: It has mostly been seen that women who are carrying twins are at risk of suffering from this condition. Also, women who have suffered from chronic motion sickness in the past report excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
- Treatment: The best way to treat this issue is to prevent too much of nausea and vomiting with the help of a bland diet that does not have heavy to digest ingredients. Also, it is best to take small and frequent meals.
Working your way around excessive vomiting during pregnancy is a matter of ensuring that you take rest, fluids and other precautions.
Related Tip: "6 Do’s and Don’ts of Working During Pregnancy "
My daughter is 14 years old. She is having irregular periods. Her last period occurred 13 june three months back. Please give her a suitable medicine.
Since a very long time she is having disturbing problems with her periods. It started in her teenage and is still ongoing. It never happens as it should. It does not happen to begin with she has to take medicines to begin her periods and then it won't stop again she has to medicines to stop it. And in between she looses too much blood. Very very rarely it happens normally and stops normally other wise every time she has to take medicines to start and stop it. She has been taking medicines for it from a long time but nothing seems to work. Please suggest what all test should be done? What could be the possible reason/s for this? What treatment should we go for and from which hospital in lucknow? Which medicine to take to start and which to stop? Because I am worried she might get some side effects from the medicines she is taking. And just to bring it to your attention that she has thyroid problems as well and she is taking her medicines regularly. Apart from that she has got a very severe hairfall as well.
Dear sir/ madam, im a young athlete I had 2 unprotected and 1 protected sex with unknown 3 partners with the gap of 1 year each. And psychologically I depressed thar I may get any STD's like. Pls suggest me that what to do? What not to do?
Hi, I am 17 weeks pregnant and I got some pinching like pain in left side near by lower abdomen. Shall I know the reason. I am worrying about this.
Miracle home remedy to reduce hardening of arteries-
You can guard against the heart disease and prevent the deposition of fatty plaques in the arteries by eating honey and cinnamon powder daily as a breakfast spread. Simply eat a slice of high fiber toast with one tablespoon of the spread daily. This miracle remedy reduced hardening of arteries by 74% in the patients.
I masturbated twice amd the fluid of 2nd masturbation was inserted with my finger into my wife's vagina. Not so deep. She was on 4th day of her periods. Will she conceive. Her shortest day is 30 and longest day is 45. Last 2 prds were 29 may and 2nd july. If she will conceive what pills I shd use with less side effects. This happened on 5th july.
Eating green leafy vegetables can help keep your mental abilities sharp. It also offers simple affordable and non-invasive way of protecting your brain from dementia. With studies proving that the people who ate one to two serving of green leafy vegetables a day had the cognitive ability of a person 11 years younger than those who consumed none. It was also found that nutrients linked with slowing cognitive decline are vitamin k, lutein, folate and beta carotene.