Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My wife underwent Anti-Mullerian hormone test which results 7.27 ng/ml indicating predictive PCOS/Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, is she suffering from both or one ? She also did Mantoux test which results positive 10 or more . Due to these in future would infertility arise if yes what are possible medications. please help.
Hi, I am 3 months 2 days pregnant now. Today I had my ultrasound done. My baby weight is 71 grams and heart rate is 156. Is it ok? What should I eat in 4th month of pregnancy for baby's good growth?
I am 29 years old and married on 2009 and get conceived but ectopic. I have pcos. One tube is removed and one tube is good by the test of hsg. I want to conceive. And also I am eating raw rice very frequently and I am addicted to it. I don't know to how to overcome this. I want to conceive.
I had unprotected sex with wife 1 months ago. According to her, period date is 21 of every month. But today is 27 and she did not got period until now. I am curious whether she is pregnant. Suggest me medicine to stop pregnancy.
I got married about 2 months back. Before we were known to each other and it was a love affair marriage. We had sex before marriage as well. Now after marriage for the last 10 days whenever we are having intercourse a yellow coloured liquid is coming out from my nipples and my breast size have gone larger by 2 cups. Most of my dresses are not fitting. And from the last 10 days I feel like wanting to have intercourse every now and then. And whenever I am thinking of sex by breasts are tingling and yellow liquid is coming out. Please help.
Helo, is mirtazapine 7.5 mg is harmful? How many months I have to take? Doctor has added up this medicine? I am already taking levipil 500 mg twice, venlite OD 100 mg once at night, sibelium 5 mg. I loss my consciousness in these day? Whether it effects me? Please help.
Dear doctor, my son and me engage in intercourse regularly after my divorce. My son is 22. Will it harm us, should we be careful and have precautions. Im aged 43. Which sex positions are/is safe this age.
I am a newly married guy, I don" t want any baby or pregnancy right now. So I just want to know that if I don't uses condom while having sex, then which time is dangerous to getting pregnant? When we avoid the pregnancy while having sex?
My headache starts during my periods but still today its continue. My eyes also get pain when I go in sunlight. I have acidity too.
I had sex with my wife on 13-02-15 without protection.After 4 hrs i gave hr a pill of unwanted-72 .Bt now she fell weakness and sevre headache.I still worried .Is she got pregnancy?
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
Dear Dr. I did not have any periods last 2months I just checked up with on local clinic he suggested me take OVACARE for 1 month that is correct or any good tablet is there for suggest me please.
Hello, I do not wanna use condom while having sex but also I do not wanna be papa and my wife also do not want to be mother soon so for that what we have to do?
Ayurveda's marichyadi choorna:
In this age of polluted environment and weakening immunities due to present day lifestyle, people fall prey to ciugh, bronchitis, asthma, colds, sore throat etc. On slightest exposure.
Best of antibiotics, inhalers and cortisones become resistant and people keep on searching for better and still better doctors.
We do not claim that marichyadi choorna is replacement of other best regimes available, but we do claim if these simple things are adopted besides other of modern prescriptions, the response to medicine will definitely increase. Immunity is enhanced by natural herbs. In fresh cases, even primary treatment by such simple combos will not push the people to unmanageable levels over the years. Can be combined with other medicines also, even allopathic.
Black pepper finely ground powder and sugarcandy finely ground powder in 1: 1 ratio.
Dose: 1 to 2 gms. To be licked with honey. Follow warm/ hot water sips. Even can be sucked without honey. It also clears voice. If 10 gms of this powder is boiled in 1 litre of water till it remains half, the water drunk slowly, cures chronic colds by excreting sticky cough.
Not suitable for diabetics.
I have herpes from past 20 years. Blisters are occurred almost every 4/5 months. I take Acivir400DT. Tabs as per recommendations. Is any medicine or treatment to get permanent rid off the problem.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment.
Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
- Eliminate nonorganic dairy products, beef, and chicken – because organic foods contain no added growth hormones. Increase nutrient-rich foods, especially cruciferous vegetables (broccoli cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, and bok choy), soy, cold-water fish (small fish when possible) and fiber.
- Limit alcohol intake. Remember to eat protein at each meal and at each snack to keep the hormones more stable.
- Maintain healthy levels of body fat to limit endogenous estrogen production.
- Supplement with vitamins and minerals (especially calcium and magnesium) to make up for what is lacking in your daily food intake – pharmaceutical grade is the best.
- Supplement with omega–3 essential fatty acids as a natural anti-inflammatory.
There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone,
Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases. A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
The benefits of eating a natural fertility diet
Provides antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which help to protect egg and sperm health from the damage caused by free-radicals.
Helps the body maintain hormonal balance by providing the fats needed for hormone production and function.
Provides the body with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients needed for optimal health.
May decrease the chances of a miscarriage due to insulin resistance and damage from free-radicals to the ova (eggs), sperm and dna.
Helps to build important nutrient stores for pregnancy.
Supports a healthy reproductive system.
Use this checklist to track what you should be getting everyday:
Lots of water throughout the day. Take a prenatal multivitamin, plus mineral with minimum 400 microgram of folic acid)
. Omega 3s.
Exercise (gentle exercise is best.)