Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahendra Gulahar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra GulaharYour feedback matters!
Mera baby 2.5 month ka hai 2 din se use loose motion ho raha ha, Mere dudh k sath wo formula milk b feed karta hai, Uska weight b thoda kam hai -3 kg.
My boy baby is 11 months old. He was doing potty 4 times in a day. Not so lose and not so tight. He does in medium. So I took motion test. In culture and sensitivity stool, in the report, shigella skin has been isolated. Due to this bacteria what happens? Is this cause any problems? I took this test once again before 3 weeks, E.coli has been isolated In culture and sensitivity. Doctor put him 4 injections. But still he was doing potty 4 time in a day. He was so fat before 3 month, now he became thin. I am so afraid. please tell me some suggestions. If I give grinded apple to him, potty is coming like a apple which I gave him. This problem is from 3 months. I gave a number of medicine which pediatrician recommended me. Now I am giving pasteurized milk, dal with rice, potato, cerelac. Rava. What are the foods to be given to him?
Homeopathy mainly belongs to the system of alternative medicine and its practices, generally to avoid drugs that may cause side effects. It was introduced in the year 1796 by Samuel Hahnemann on the principle that symptoms of disease in a healthy person can cure the diseases in a similar situation of a sick individual. The important therapy here is the placebo effect.Though the method is based on pseudoscience, it has shown some signs of cure in individuals. Similarly, homeopathy has shown shady evidences of cure in young children and even infants. Let's overview a few of such usage of homeopathy in children and its relaxation on the safety.
Significance of homeopathy
Homeopathy remedies can prevent one from shock, excessive side effects, and bruises while undergoing it's suitable medication. It works as an impressive tear soother as well. No doubt, this study field of medicine is indeed based on pseudoscience and placebo effects, however it does comprise some very important theory of medical sciences which holds a strong factor in curing diseases. Therefore, homeopathy as a field of medicine cannot be completely ignored, even though the sheer evidences are rare.
How safe is homeopathy for children?
Homeopathic medicines have shown effectiveness in various cases and are indeed very secure alongside curing diseases of your children. We all know that children should be undergoing a very active life. During this phase, they do tend to become more susceptible to even minor common illnesses. Before undergoing homeopathy medications, several clinical trials had already been conducted to prove how efficient such homeopathic medicines actually were, which has shown positive results.
Thus, you need not get frightened regarding its side effects, which is minimal compared to other sources of medication. The homeopathic medicines which are presently in practice have amazing efficacy, and are also gentle to your child’s health at the same time. Now a days, this is highly developing as the children are showing positive results to its dosage. Also, the kids are more fond of homeopathy sweet pills, tasty fluids, and whitish powders. In fact, they are more accepting to these sources whereas have often shown reluctance towards the allopathic mode of medicine.
Even the infants are easily convinced about the sweet pills. Immunity system has also shown a boost regarding its suitability. With due knowledge, to some extent chronic illness can be handled by the homeopathic experts too or sometimes can prevent further spreading.
Visiting an homeopathic expert for your children
Before choosing a homeopathic doctor, you need to ensure that the doctor is an expert in the field. The homeopathic expert needs to keep a check on a complete family history of the child before referring medicines. Also, diagnosis should be done in a particular manner. The child should be first prescribed small dosage of medication before jumping into conclusions. Hence, homeopathy, if induced rightly, is indeed very safe for children and has the calibre to cure certain diseases in which often other sources fail. Of course a trial once for mild illness wouldn't do much harm. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Sir, My son is 10 years old. He is eating slate pencils daily. He will not eat food, he is looking very dull. So, please give me suggestion what I have to do.
Hello doctors My baby weight is 8.300 he is not eating any fruits or else. He is 9 month old please suggest me any food chart that gain his weight or any medicine.
My second son is now 1 year and 9 months old. He was born 7 years after my first son. He is a preemie. 31 or 34 week gestation. He had IVH 4 and hydrocephalus. But now he is okay. To say, he is okay mentally. But he is not able to stand by himself or sit by himself. When we make him stand, he sometimes stands scissored. We have been to so many doctors and they have told that there are developmental delays. Please advise.
Hi, My 3 years boy suffer from fever and rush skin fever comes every night from last 3 days.Please suggest what can I do for that?
I HAVE 12 DAY NEW BORN BABY BOY. SUFFERING FROM a rash – especially hives, ANUS AND NEARBY AREAS. CRYING CONTINUOUSLY TROUBLE IN SLEEPING PLEASE HELP.
Hi mera baby teeth nikal ra hai kya kru. Wo teeth ko kafi beechta hai. Cut bhi karta hai cheezo ko. Help me please . Kya dawa du.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.