Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahender SijwaliYour feedback matters!
My name is nevin. I am suffering from body pain from the last 1 week. I have taken medicine but no use. Can you suggest me any think.
I have been receiving radiating pain starting from brain to my teeth and nasal passages, I am a teacher by profession and would like to receive a valid consultation.
Since. Childhood I have problem problem of body pains and I am using many medicines there is no cure. But one of the doctor said it is reason of low blood vessels or low blood means body pains r coming he said later I am asking you is it's true how will I improve collected blood levels in my body. Did you help me how recovery of body pains nd gaining of blood. What I have to eat to improving the blood.
I have lots of pain in outside of my body. Leg pain is very cruel. I am a footballer I want to play every time. Please tell me a solution for this pain. Please help me doctors.
Sir I have some problem body pains how to solve my problem not only me my friends also how to solve.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.
Hello Dr. I am 68 years old nake and having radiating pain in my lumbar region as I am suffering from lumbar spondylosis. Pl advice me if I can walk during this condition or take rest. As I am also having spinal tb in D12 but the pain is not there anymore. But due to that I have loose weight n feel weak after a while. Pl suggest me what to do.
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
My mother is suffering from hand-pain (right-hand. Wen she consulted a doctor. He said their is gap between bones. The doctor advised to take treatment for a week but of no use. What she have to do now?
I am age of 20. I used to do excersie continuously for 3 hours till 3 fays. Now I am suffering from body pains. So what I should do to overcome this.
Our pain is the second-most-common problem which makes people seek medical advice. Injuries and illnesses are typical triggers of pain.
Another reason is age-related degeneration, and most cases seen by pain specialists fall in this category. Everyone experiences some degree of pain in day to day life.
And it is a human tendency to ignore the pain, till it takes some serious dimension and begins to interfere with one's daily routine like work or socializing with family and friends or when it doesn't let you sleep peacefully.
Experts say, this tendency of ignoring pain should be avoided as negligence at initial levels can make the pain chronic and more harmful. In fact, in many cases, the damage due to pain becomes irrevocable if it is ignored for too long.
Currently, millions of people worldwide suffer from chronic pain of varying degrees. Increasing aging population worldwide, growing number of surgical procedures being performed, changing lifestyles, increasing the incidence of cancer are some of the factors causes increasing number of patients.