Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am 57 years old, male, having mixed Depression-Anxiety and Schizophrenia since 1987. I have taken innumerous drugs for the above ailments, but right now, I am taking a) Venlor XR 150 mg 1-0-0 B) Mirtaz 15 mg 0-0-1 for depression-anxiety. A) Sizodon plus 0-0-1 B) Sizopin 25 mg 0-0-1 for Schizophrenia and Lithosun 300 mg 0-0-1 as a mood stabilizer. There is relief. But of late (say, since a month), I have a problem. There is numbness in a part of my left wrist (near the thumb area) and it is spreading upwards. What is the problem? Is it due to the drugs I am taking or a neurological one? Please confirm.
I have fixed in mind strongly that I'm worth nothing in this world. How to come out of this. I am not able get job from past 2years.
I am 46 yr old working as social worker for orphanage. Thought of suicide from last 6 months I am facing. Now I can not control. Ls help me what to do? as suggest by doctor Dr. Saul pereira psychologist. I was asking counselor in nagpur. Look back and see what happened five to six months back to stimulate this development. If you find the reasons, go and talk to a counselor and deal with it to effectively nullify the pressure. If you indulge (obsess) in these thoughts of suicide, it will gradually feed into an impulse and one fine day it will become compulsive for you want to act on this thought. So you need to nip it in the bud.
I have stuttering problem. It avoids me from talking to people. It really affecting my professional life .Kindly help get rid off this.
I am 24years old have a problem that when I wakeup in the mourning then I get feel very pain in all body. Why?
I have a problem of sleeping. I have tried to sleep early but I can't slept quickly. Mentally I feel so much pressure and my mind was not stop thinking. Taking prescriptions from doctors but no use it remains same. What can I do to got sleep.
I am having body ache and shoulder pain due to gas, and also flatus not passing and coming upward through the mouth then I am feeling very weak, so what should I do.
My psychiatrist once given me lorazepam 2 mg in night to reduce anxiety 0-0-1 (heart palpitation etc.) For a month then stop.(Although I am prescribed lithium carbonate 300 mg 1-1-1). After 2 years again I felt heart palpitation. Bt now this time lorazepam not giving results. What to do?
I am already habituates to Ciggrate and I feel pain in chest every morning I wake up. I tried my level best to avoid it but that won't last for more than 2 days. So I was thinking of taking e-cigrate as replacement of actual cigrate. So doctors can you please tell me whether e-cigrate have same effect over my health! Or is there any side effect of it? Please help me doctor.
I'm suffering from panic and anxiety attacks. And feel depressed too many a times. How to get help? Any home remedies I can take up?
I can not run so long. I got tiredness very early. I want my physic as strong as it was before. Pls help me. And I think it all about of smoking. I want give up the smoke too. Pls help.
I have problem in studying chp so what to do? Should I change my way or should I take teachers help? Pls reply what should I do.
Hi sir. I am 26 year old. I don't know how I will share my personal problems with others. Sir. With the age I am more attracted towards men then female after broke up relationship with my girlfriend. I don't want to be gay. But sometimes I can't stop myself. I don't know what happening with me. I am very depressed for my life and I hv problem related to early discharge. Please give me a correct suggestions. Thank you sir.
I am a smoker for 5 years daily a packet. Now I want to stop it. I have tried several times but failed due to its withdrawal symptoms. Give me most effective medicine to quit smoking.
I am 45 years old and suffering from Parkinson disease since last 2 years. I have taken treatment from neurologist doctor but no relief. Please guide me.
I have pcos from the age of 15. Would like to know what hormonal imbalances I have and what diet should I follow so that my hormones are under control. I don't get period for two months and recently Even after two months I just had little bleeding. Please guide what should I do. I'm very depressed.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist and ask a free question.