Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhusmita Chetia
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhusmita ChetiaYour feedback matters!
Great experience..patient friendly..very well behaved
There is some whitish fluid coming from vagina sometimes there is slight odour please give me the solution.
My boyfriend is interested in about her ex-girlfriend but that is killing me inside. What to do now I can't leave without him.
Unexplained infertility is infertility that is idiopathic in the sense that its cause remains unknown even after an infertility work-up, usually including semen analysis in the man and assessment of ovulation and fallopian tubes in the woman.
In unexplained infertility abnormalities are likely to be present but not detected by current methods. Possible problems could be that the egg is not released at the optimum time for fertilization, that it may not enter the fallopian tube, sperm may not be able to reach the egg, fertilization may fail to occur, transport of the zygote may be disturbed, or implantation fails. It is increasingly recognized that egg quality is of critical importance and women of advanced maternal age have eggs of reduced capacity for normal and successful fertilization. Also, polymorphisms in folate pathway genes could be one reason for fertility complications in some women with unexplained infertility. Aberrant reproductive immunology such as decreased maternal immune tolerance towards the embryo may also be a possible explanation. However, a growing body of evidence suggests that epigenetic modifications in sperm may be partially responsible.
In india up to 25% of infertile couples have unexplained infertility.
- Potential methods in unexplained infertility include oral ovarian stimulation agents as well as (IUI), intracervical insemination (ICI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- In women who have not had previous treatment, ovarian stimulation combined with IUI achieves approximately the same live birth rate as IVF.
- On the other hand, in women who have had previous unsuccessful treatment, IVF achieves a live birth rate approximately 2-3 times greater than ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
- IUI and ICI has higher pregnancy rates when combined with ovarian stimulation in couples with unexplained infertility, for IUI being 13% unstimulated and 15% stimulated, and for ICI being 8% unstimulated and 15% stimulated. However, the rate of twin birth increases substantially with IUI or ICI combined with ovarian stimulation, for IUI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated, and for ICI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated.
- According to oral ovarian stimulation agents should not be given to women with unexplained infertility. Rather, it is recommended that in vitro fertilization should be offered to women with unexplained infertility when they have not conceived after 2 years of regular unprotected sexual intercourse. IVF avails for embryo transfer of the appropriate number of embryos to give good chances of pregnancy with minimal risk of multiple birth.
- A review of randomized studies came to the result that IVF in couples with a high chance of natural conception, as compared to IUI/ICI with or without ovarian stimulation, was more effective in three studies and less effective in two studies.
- There is no evidence for an increased risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) with IVF when compared with ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
Prognosis in unexplained infertility depends on many factors, but can roughly be estimated by e.g. the Hunault model, which takes into account female age, duration of infertility/subfertility, infertility/subfertility being primary or secondary, percentage of motile sperm and being referred by a gynecologist, sexual medicine specialist or N infertility specialist.
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hlo .i had unprotected sex on 5 april n take unwanted 72 pill in one hour. After 8 days I felt light bleeding from last 13 days n Itching also. My period date is 29 april. Now From 2 days I felt like regular periods. N 3rd day they stops. Is any chance of pregnancy. please help.
Me and my wife planing for baby. What you have all to tell me? Someone told me 12 to 18 days r best. If I go 6 days regular for intercourse so that means after one or two days sperm quality or quantity will be low or effected? Due to regular 6 days intercourse? If yes then chances are low then what to do? Should I go for regular intercourse or alternate days? Can body produce enough sperm in one day to get women pregnant? Plzz help me.
Women are pivot of a home, so their health is prior most, but unfortunately in today’s world most of them really don’t have time for themselves. Here are the 5 nutrients that are just like blessing for women’s health as they protect from heart diseases and lowers the risk of Osteoporosis, Diabetes, breast cancer and Blood Pressure.
Women have limited amount of Oestrogen as they progresses the menopause age therefore more chances of getting the heart problem.
The five important nutrients are:
Vitamin D: Any deficiency of Vitamin D develops brittle bones and in extreme can develop osteoporosis. Vitamin D helps in Calcium absorption. Studies have shown that Sufficient intake of Vitamin D reduces fracture chances. We can get this vitamin from Sun through skin, from diet and from the supplements. As for the dietary part increase the intake of Milk and its products.
Vitamin B12: Women tends to get Vitamin B 12 deficiency as the age advances. The deficiency of this vitamin causes fatigue, weight loss, dementia, depression, poor memory. Fatigue is normally what mostly all women experience but due to negligence not able to diagnosed that it is a deficiency, and with time the problem aggravates. Normal vegetarian diet is not a very good source of Vitamin B12, you can include yoghurt, cheese, egg, milk and fortified cereals.
Folic Acid: It is an important B-complex vitamin that is needed with advancing age. The deficiency symptoms include anaemia, weight loss, headache, fatigue and the higher levels of Homocysteine in blood that is a risk of heart disease. Rich sources of folic acid are green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, olive oil, and nuts.
Omega 3 Fatty Acid: Researches have shown that this can increase good cholesterol and decrease the bad one. Olive oil contains mono unsaturated fatty acid and has health benefits. Rich sources of omega 3 are fish, egg, soybean, walnuts, canola oil, and flaxseeds.
So, ladies let take a pledge that we will take care of ourselves so that we can take good care of our loved ones.