Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhulika Sardana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhulika SardanaYour feedback matters!
There is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men. But urologists also deal with certain women-related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
Following are the 5 points which every female should know:
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
- Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Mere daughter 25 years usko period k baad abdnoemal me bahut dard hota unbearable bahut se doc ko dikaya par koi fark nahi padha please koi help kere.
I am going to get married with in one month. I want to know how to do safe sex to get pregnant with out any diseases (HIV, AIDS) When I have to use the condom ? Marriage first time sex I have to use condom or not? Please sir send me the full information about safe procedures for sex for getting pregnant and to avoid pregnant. Thank you.
I am 24 years old. Non married. There is 10 mm movable cysts in left breast. S/o fibroadenoma. Just want to confirm will it fine with the medicines or do any surgery required?
On 24th June 2017, My dad advised my mom that he felt some swelling under lower abdominal and upper right thigh. Mom did some ideas massage (pain relief gel) but it was not worthful. On 1st July 2017, we went to our local hospital (Pahwa Hospital, Ludhiana, India), we met with a Doctor (MBBS, MD), he checked and advised to do Ultra sound test, CT Scan and Needle test. On 5th of July 2017, the local doctor advised me after seeing the reports, he has cancer and he recommended to go to the renowned oncologist in Ludhiana (forte hospital). On 11th of July 2017, dad was so weak that he could not stand, could not walk and he could not speak properly. So, we went to a known hospital where they gave antibiotics, paracetamol, glucose drips. In the CBC blood report, blood infection came out. After the antibiotics treatment, the fever is under control now. From yesterday, dad right leg is swelled from lower abdomen to the knee. All the things happened after needle test NFCA (fever, and more hard swelling). He can not move his right leg properly, he feels weak and sometimes pain in right leg. I read online that it is superficial Thrombophlebitis, anti-inflammatory tablets, cream, and gels can be applied or taken to reduce any pain Hope, my written details will give you enough idea regarding the problem. I am attaching all the reports with x-rays phone clicks and patient swelling leg photos. Please advise, to reduce the pain and swelling. Thanks.
We are couple, we had regular intercourse and not missed middle 6-10 days. My wife has to expect her period on march 23, 2016 because her last period was on Feb 23, 2016 and her period was not started and all of sudden on 7th day after missed period she had a bleeding and we are confused is it a period or other. We had hopes and almost confirmed that she is pregnant. Please answer.
Is it fine to. Take amway nutrilite biotin - cherry plus tablets while lactating. My baby is just 3 months old. I'm taking it for my heavy hair loss. Please suggest me.
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option, it often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts to fulfill your hunger. They both are quite healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, given the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas, walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium, essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amount of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber, which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.