Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am a 30 yr old man and I am suffering from mouth related problem as I chew gutkha and tobacco. So my mouth is not opening at its full length only 2 fingers can go and other than this I have no problem like diabetes etc.
Sir I can not open my mouth properly due to chewing gutkha. Maine gutka chhod dia hai. Please advice me.
My 5 years old girl child is getting new teeths but they are not aligned and one teeth is at 75 degree. What can i do ?
I got a normal mouth ulcer in my lower lip and then it turned into a boil like swelling. Applied QuikKool (choline salicylate and lignocaine hydrochloride gel) and it burst and went away. Now again it is swelling. No pain. But a boil like swelling is there in the lower lip. What is the issue?
Sir mere teeth mai problem hai. Masude fool jate hai hai. Or teeth bahut pile ho jate hai. Or mooh mai se badbu aati hai. Kai bar safai bhi karva chuka hu.
I have a problem with my teeth & gums bleeding 3-4 times, in a month,my 2 long teeth of lower jaw front are removed by Dental teachican and fixed two acrlyic teeth the problem is i am unable to eat apple THANKING YOU DOCTOR SAHAB YOURS S.JAMAL UDDIN, And my tounge by toching dupcalite teeth my tounge getting SCRATCHES and the taste my tounge getting is sweet with acrilic duplicate teeth THANKS DOCTOR.
If you thought dental health could take a backseat amidst other demanding health problems, you surely haven’t experienced the unbearable pain of tooth cavities. Problems pertaining to your teeth could be many. From open nerve endings to weak and brittle teeth, anything could plague you. To take proper care of your teeth, you should visit your dentist frequently.
A few basic ways to maintain healthy teeth
- Pay heed to the kind of toothbrush you use: The kind of toothbrush you use plays a key role in discerning the health of your teeth. Many tend to use toothbrushes with hard bristles for brushing; this causes the enamel of your teeth to wear away. As a result, the dentine shows and a person reveals yellowish teeth every time he or she smiles. To soften the bristles of your toothbrush, you could wash it in lukewarm water prior to brushing.
- Certain food items should be strictly avoided: Junk food or packaged food is not just harmful for your overall health, but also for your teeth. Any food rich in starches or sugars can have acidic effects on your teeth enamel. Acids can corrode the enamel of your teeth. Hence, one should remember to consume food items that contain little amounts of sugar and starch. The reason why everybody around prohibited you from having too many chocolates as a child can be realized in the aforementioned point.
- Brushing and flossing routine: It is absolutely essential to brush your teeth twice daily. Flossing is what makes brushing effective. Many people are not aware of the right way to floss. Flossing should be done in a way so as to get rid of plaque that tends to settle down in between your teeth or right underneath your gums. The floss should be curved in the shape of a C for proper cleaning. Deposition of food particles when left to rot inside your mouth can cause graver problems other than bad breath.
- Give up your addiction: Smoking can kill the well-being of your teeth. It reduces the amount of blood circulated into a person’s mouth thus, making him or her more prone to the risk of oral cancers. Your chances of contracting periodontal diseases also increase when you smoke. So, healthy teeth and smoking can never go hand in hand.
- Never eat too many snacks: Eating in between meals or binge eating generally causes a lot of harm to your dental health. The more number of snacks a person intakes, the more is the concentration of sugar on his or her teeth. Care should be taken to eat four complete meals a day and less of snacks which are rich in sugar or carbohydrates. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I am 19 year boy I wanted to know that how can I clean my teeth because my teeth are too dirty so please tell me the fastest way to clean my teeth.
I am 60 years and I am a diabetic patient. What will be the total cost for extraction of all teeth and replacement with implantation.
I am 28 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments?
Which foods and drinks containing sugar cause tooth decay? In my teeth every morning blood is coming automatically.
I am 23 years old. My teeth are inclined outwards. My lips don't touch. I don't want to use braces. Is there any other treatment to fix this? Does smile makeover will be beneficial for me. I have heard its treatment is very costly. Is that true? I live in JAMMU, any good dental clinic in near by states. Delhi, Chandigarh etc?
1. Brush at least twice a day.
The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
2. Use fluoridated toothpaste.
Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
3. Brush thoroughly.
Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
4. Floss your teeth daily.
Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
5. Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices.
Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
6. Limit sugary foods.
Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
7. Protect your teeth from injury.
Wear a mouth guard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
8. Try to save a knocked out tooth.
If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek dental advice immediately.
9. Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food.
If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
10. See your dentist for regular check-ups.
You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.