Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuilika RustagiYour feedback matters!
I got pimples 5 months back and they have gone now but the spots of those pimples remained on my face. They seem like rashes . How to remove those spots?
Dermabrasion is a procedure where a brush made up of wire or a rough edged diamond wheel is used on the skin to remove the upper layer from the skin. The rotation of the brush causes the upper layer of the skin to come off and may cause bleeding. The skin that comes off is replaced with new skin.
Why it is done?
- The procedure may be used to treat various surgical scars.
- Usually this procedure is used to get rid of acne scars.
- The procedure is used to treat various superficial growths that occur on the skin such as small cysts.
- It may also be used to treat wrinkles around the mouth.
The area where the procedure is carried out is marked and then cleaned properly. Local anesthesia is used to numb the skin followed by an application of ice pack for about half an hour. If the preceding procedures do not harden the skin enough, then a freezing spray may be used to firm up the skin. Gauze may be used to restrict the bleeding which results from the procedure. The area is then cleaned and ointment is applied.
The depth and size of the procedure determines, how much time the recovery process will take. For example, a small patch of skin will take little time to heal compared to a full face dermabrasion. It usually takes 6 to 7 days for the skin to regrow, which is pink in color. The color tends to fade away in 2 to 3 months. Usually patients do not suffer from pain, but if you do have some pain then you can take pain relievers. Corticosteroids may be used to treat swellings, if any.
You need to follow certain precautionary measures after the surgery:
- Regular cleaning of the skin to avoid various infections of the skin.
- Regular changing of the dressing and the ointment to speed up the healing process.
- Sun exposure needs to be avoided as the new skin is prone to damage. You may use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's rays.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is there any solution for hair fall due to dryness and dandruff and what are procedure to maintain my hair so that it reduce fall?
Hi, I am 28 years old. I am facing uneven skin tones. Patchy skin, darkening of skin. Even though I am eating healthy things. Is it possible because I am overweight.
I have a problem of acne. Moreover, I am also fed up of oily skin and I want to improve my complexion, it's wheatish. Kindly help me. Thanks.
I'm a 22 year old guy. I've been suffering from severe hair loss from last two years, have grown bald spot on either side of my head in front. My scalp is itchy and dandruff prone. Can hair regrow in the bald spot? Please suggest something effective immediately. PS- I'm a nightowl cause I like to study at night. Does waking all night has got anything to do with this though I complete my sleep of 6 hrs in day.
I have ringworm on my thighs and neck over last 3 months. Which is getting larger. And its very itchy. I have applied lot of antifungal creams but nothing worked what should I do.
My daughter aged 26 years suffering from alopecia area since last 10 months and she lives in London. She had gone to dermatologist who had given injections in scalp in affected area. During these 10months she had been given Injections thrice in Interval of three months. Some hairs are regrown but process is slow. Can she go for ruxolitibin tablets which Columbia university researchers have recommended for alopecia if yes then how she should go for it and what are side affectsRegardsSk.
Dermatologist is the once who "is trained to evaluate and manage paediatric and adult patients with benign and malignant disorders of the skin, hair and nails" they are specialized in:
1. Diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers
2. Management of contact dermatitis and other skin disorders
3. Recognition of skin diseases
4. Derma pathology
5. Surgical techniques used to treat skin conditions.
Five reasons why do you need a dermatologist
1. You are not the doc: though you believe that you know more about your skin than a specialist. You are completely wrong. You might know how your reacts to heat, but you may not know why. And so you need a specialist who can well understand the condition of your skin.
2. Treatments: dermatologist clearly knows what, why and which treatment is necessary to your skin. They are the ones who can suggest necessary treatments without getting your skin irritated for long.
3. Cosmetology: they not only do the basic work related to skin but also do the cosmetic procedures like laser skin treatment, fillers, scar removal etc, thereby giving you the beautiful skin glow.
4. Advice: dermatologist can help you out with which cosmetics to use, which sunscreens would suit your skin and which type of product radiates your skin color.
5. Cancers dermatologist can help in detecting various skin cancers and help you fight the battle of getting rid of it.
Lybrate | Dr Ujjwala Verma speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY