Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Varma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu VarmaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am smoking from last 10 years. Now I am trying to family planing from one year. But I do not get result. My smoking habit may be problem to conceive?
I have been married for 5 years but still no baby we do not know how to do sex to have baby can yo help me.
Am 38years married female,height is 5.4, weight is 85kgs, my question is am not getting pregnant, is my weight and age is the problem?
Doctor my gynecology gave me siphene 50 mg tablets for 5 days I have to take 2nd day to 7th day now my question is how much months I have to take she told 6 months. In 6 months after I will conceive or before please clarify And when we have to do intercourse I have regular cycle now 29 to 32 days.
Often it has been observed in patients undergoing a brain surgery that their memory gets affected. The memory can sometimes be affected either by the tumor growing inside the brain or by the surgery for the removal of that tumor. Rather than the long-term memory, in the majority of the brain surgery cases, it is the short term memory that gets affected more noticeably. Further, sometimes, people have difficulties in making new memories after the brain surgery along with retrieving the old ones. Continue reading to know more about brain surgery and amnesia.
How is brain surgery connected to amnesia?
The presence of a tumor in the brain can affect one's memory in two different ways. Though not everyone suffers from it, there is a possibility that the treatment or the surgery often leads to memory difficulties and sometimes it's the location of the tumor in the brain that causes the memory damage. Sometimes, even radiations or chemotherapy sessions can also be responsible for amnesia. One must know that having a brain tumor or opting for a brain surgery doesn’t necessarily cause memory loss or amnesia for everyone. And those patients who do suffer from this, both the severity and symptoms of the memory loss vary from one to another.
Probable memory difficulties
Memory difficulties, also commonly referred to as amnesia, can be two different types, retrograde amnesia, and anterograde amnesia, irrespective of whether it is the result of the treatment or the location of the tumor. In case of retrograde amnesia, the memory loss occurs before undergoing a brain surgery, or sometimes even before developing the brain tumor. However, those who suffer from anterograde amnesia face difficulties in remembering their previous memories after the brain surgery is performed.
Coping with amnesia
Once the type of memory loss one is suffering from is identified, there are various ways and strategies to cope with amnesia, suggested by the doctors. Taking good care of one’s self, having the necessary amount of sleep along with a healthy diet helps one improve his or her capacity of recalling the forgotten memories in many cases.
Further, by adopting simple measures like maintaining a diary, following a routine and organizing one's medications with reminder notes can also help an amnesia patient in coping with the normal life situations. Minimizing the distractions and focusing on a single thing at a time can also be helpful in not only coping with it but also in improving the memory.
In case one displays signs of having a memory problem after a brain surgery, he or she should be immediately taken to a clinical psychologist or a neuropsychologist. Because it is with the help of this medical professional that severity of the amnesia that the person is suffering from and which part of memory has been affected can be determined, and the right ways of coping with the issue can be suggested. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If VDRL is Reactive or Positive with delusion 1: 16 is it Syphilis, right? What medicines should I take to cure syphilis and when can I test again?
While a vacation might be a thrilling proposition for many, there are people who get anxious at the very thought of travelling for a vacation. These are travellers who suffer from motion sickness, a condition that causes head reeling and nausea when the patient is in a moving vehicle or even on a roller coaster. It can be occur on trains, buses, cars and even flights. It is a disturbance that is caused in the inner part of the ear. Thankfully, help is at hand with homeopathy treatments.
Let us find out what are the homeopathy treatments for this condition.
- Argentum Nitricum: Dizziness and nausea can be treated with this medicine. Also, it can help patients who are suffering from claustrophobia and general anxiety.
- Borax: When nausea and dizziness as well as anxiety are experienced during downward motion, this medicine can be used. It is best used before the landing of an aeroplane or while going downhill in a car or a bus.
- CocculusIndicus: This is one of the most common medications for motion sickness includes CocculusIndicus. It is especially helpful when the nausea becomes worse with the smell of certain foods. The patient may also take this medicine when the dizziness and weakness makes the patient lie down. This dizziness can also lead to an empty or hollow feeling in one’s abdomen, in which case this medicine can help. Lack of sleep and constantly looking at moving objects are some of the symptoms that can also be treated with this medicine. It can also be used to cure sea sickness.
- Kali Bichromicum: This medicine is ideal for sea sickness, and can be used for symptoms ranging from nausea and dizziness that happens when you stand up. Weakness and an aching body can also be treated with this medicine.Bloating, gagging and retching are also some of the symptoms that can be treated with this medicine.
- Tabacum: When the patient is experiencing symptoms like feeling extremely cold and tired, or even a sinking feeling, this medicine can be used as a remedy.
- Petroleum: Constant nausea can be treated with petroleum. The symptoms treated by this medicine also include an empty feeling in the pit of the stomach as well as too much saliva production, and stiffness in the neck and back. Also, the patient may take this medicine when stomach pain is experienced due to motion sickness.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is ideal for motion sickness experienced due to air travel. Besides air sickness, this medicine can also treat intense headaches and dryness in the mouth and throat. It can also be used to treat stomach pain.
You must have come across people who complaint about having something called ‘gout’. Gout is a disease characterized by an abnormal metabolism of uric acid, resulting in an excess of uric acid in the tissues and blood.
Follow these tips which will help you lower your uric acid levels:
1) increase water intake-
Water is required to flush off the uric acid formed in the body. When the body is well hydrated, uric acid crystals are difficult to form. Drink at least 3-4 liters per day to remove the uric acid from the body. You can include buttermilk, coconut water, lemon water, green tea etc to increase your overall fluid intake
2) reduce intake of purine rich food-
Uric acid is formed by breakdown of proteins called purines. Although, it is naturally formed by the body, it is also obtained from certain foods like red meat, mushrooms, baked products containing yeast and fermented products. You can include lentils, split dals, milk, egg whites etc to improve your protein intake.
3) high fiber food–
Foods high in fiber absorb uric acid present in the blood stream and thus easily eliminating it through kidneys. Good fiber sources are fruits, vegetables, whole grains and products over refined products.
4) avoid intake of caffeine and alcohol-
Caffeine and products containing caffeine like coffee, tea, aerated drinks, and alcohol hinder excretion of uric acid from the blood stream by binding it.
5) consume good amount of vitamin c rich foods-
Vitamin c helps in excretion of uric acid. Sources of vitamin c- citrus fruits, bell peppers, cabbage, amla (indian gooseberry), guava, etc will help reduce uric acid.
6) reduce sugar intake-
Sugar interferes with excretion of uric acid. A study mentioned that daily intake of 300 ml serving of sweetened drink increases chances of gout by 13%
7) consuming apple cider vinegar-
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which turns alkaline in body making the environment alkaline. It is said that it breaks the uric acid crystals and prevents from recurrence by aiding blood circulation and purification. It reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints allowing for better flexibility of the joints.
Try these simple instructions and you can definitely see the changes.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!