Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu SethYour feedback matters!
From a medical standpoint, intercourse during menstruation is completely fine. Most men have claimed that period sex seems messier when compared to intercourse on normal days but, other than that, there aren’t any risk regarding period sex. In fact, it is advisable to engage in vaginal intercourse during periods for a variety of reasons.
Here are a few things you should know about period sex:
- Intercourse during periods isn’t harmful: Contrary to the popular myth, period blood doesn’t contain impurities which might affect the penis in any way. Instead, menstrual blood is normal blood mixed with disposed off tissues from the lining of the uterus and the penis isn’t affected by menstrual blood in any way. The menstrual blood serves as excellent lubricant to make the process of intercourse smoother.
- Chances of pregnancy still persist: It is not okay to completely ward off protective measures during periods because even though it is safer than other days, there might be a small chance that the sperm of a man lives on in the female body till early ovulation. Besides, the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease is the same during period sex.
- Can relieve cramps: Some women claim that having sex during their period helps ease their cramps as having an orgasm releases ‘pain- reducing endorphins’ into the bloodstream. Also, some medical practitioners believe that sex provides relief by using up chemicals which are responsible for cramps. Thus, having period sex can prove to be relaxing and less painful than normal days.
- Sexual arousal ups during menstruation: Most women feel hornier and more aroused during periods because of the increase in the hormonal levels. Some women feel heavier in the pelvic area which increases the sex drive; precisely the reason why having sex during this time is a good idea. So, for all you know, you might actually have a brilliant intercourse session when she’s on her period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Today we are going to tell you all about Zika virus (ZIKV) and Ebola Viruses in this article, firstly we will learn about Zika Virus which is mosquito-brone flavi-virus which was first identified after monitoring yellow fever in a monkey.
Zika Virus is mainly related to Dengue fever virus West Nile virus. Zika belongs to the virus family falviviridae and fenus flavivirus. Its named after Uganda’s Zika Forest. The dis-ease caused because of Zika virus is called as Zika fever.
Later same symptoms were found in humans as well. Zika virus disease has been recorded to be found in Americans and Asians. Its mainly found in Asians and Africans accompanied by mild illness.
Learn about Gallstones Treatment – Save your Gall Bladder Naturally
Lets learn about Sings and Symptoms of Zika Virus Disease – The time period for disease is not clear, but we can know the signs and symptoms of it. Zika Virus’s main symptoms are similar to other infections conditions as viral fever, swine flu, headache, body pain, back pain, skin problems or dengue etc.
– Skin Rashes
– Red Eyes
Symptoms are mild and usually last for 2-8 days.
How Zika Virus Prevention’s from Zika Virus, Now we should also learn about some precautions and prevention methods from Zika virus disease. Also we should know how Zika transmit into our body.
Firstly we should note that there is no vaccine exists to prevent Zika Virus diseases.
One should avoid mosquito bites, Zika Virus mosquitoes bite in day and night also. Same mosquitoes also spread dengue and chikungunia.
Zika viruses can be passed through sex, thus infection person can pass zika virus to their partners during sex. Condoms can reduce the changes of passing Zika virus during sex.
It can be passed from a already infected pregnant woman to her fetus and it could cause some severe fetal brain defects. The infection can happen during pregnancy or around the time of the birth.
Blood transfusion is also a big cause of Zika viruses diseases, before blood transfusion is done one should be tested for Zika Virus. Around 2.8% Blood donors in a study were found positive for Zika Viruses.
The suggestions for people travelling where, Zika viruses are found.
– Travelers should use enhanced precautions and should be more careful as there are more possibilities of getting bitten by mosquitoes.
– People should avoid travelling to places infected by Zika Virus, or where Zika Viruses live.
– Specially pregnant ladies should not travel to such places, as the infected mother can spread the virus to their fetuses. Thereafter newborn baby is more likely to have microcephaly.
The places where Zika Virus live, people are more likely to have birth defects and neurological problems. so one should avoid travelling or take precautions before visiting.
When should we get treated and tested.
Zika Viruses remain in blood of an infected person for about a week or more,
if you have any of the above mentioned symptoms in this article visit our Clinic and we will help you get rid of Zika Virus effects.
Treatment should be done at earliest if you have any of these symptoms specially if you are pregnant.
Some tests as blood, urine, saliva or semen could be performed to find out Zika Virus, as it is very much similar to dengue or chikungunya.
Hi doctor, My mom's age is 46. Now a days on during the periods time she is facing the problem such as heavy stomach pain and over flow. We have consulted with doctor but they said some problem in the uterus, we need to operate else possible to cure by medicines but now a days she is baring too much of pain and bleeding also increased. So what kind of therapy need to follow to relief from pain/? Is there any possible chances to cure that problem without an operation? Will you help us?
I have periods on 1 and last on 5 then I have unprotected sax and take unwanted 72 within 48 hours. After 10 day (15th Aug) of taking pill I got periods but only for 2 day and having low bleeding. So now its 27th I am worried. 1) can I got pregnant? 2) why I got periods just after 10 days from last 3) if m not pregnant then what should expected date of next periods. please help.
You have been trying to do everything right for a healthy living.
But have you thought about the possible diet mistakes you might be
Making? here's my list.
1. Eat while you eat! do not mix any activity with your meal.
Though multitasking is the requirement of the times it is not a
Wise thing according to experts. When you are doing some task your
Brain concentrates more on the task and never feels satisfied. This
Would cause you to overeat if not then but later on.
2. Its ok to buy frozen vegetables if you generally compromise on
The diet part after work. Wilted" fresh" vegetables are worse than
Frozen ones which retain all their nutrients as they get frozen
Right after their harvest. So a pack of veggies are great for an on
The go salad or a quick microwave boiled veggie snack.
3. Salads are healthy as far as all the ingredients are healthy.
Yes, I mean it. All those you add in a salad should be vegetables
(except potato), olive oil, eggs and vinegar and no crispies,
Cheese and meat. Add all the pigmented vegetables and some low fat
4. Diet sodas are not perfect as they sound. You drink more of them
As you know what you are drinking are diet sodas which contain less
Calories. And its tricky that the sodium in these can make you go
Thirsty wanting to drink more. And your brain mistakes thirst for
5. Not drinking milk is another mistake you commit. Thinking that
Milk would make you fat you have less of it. If you are worried
About your gross flab, have non fat milk.
6. While junk foods are something you can't resist snack bars make
You guilty again. Its better to have a boiled egg or a scoop of
Peanut butter instead of reaching for a supposedly nutritious snack
7. Sleep is important too. A tiring day and a sleeplessness night
Tempt you to an" all that you can eat" menu. So sleep as much as
You need until you are fully awake and fresh.
Consult me for any doubts.
Hi, my last date is 10sep but still I am not in period we are expecting baby but after 10sep we are contact unsafe 2/3 time but also doing hors ridding 1/2 hrs is any chances of pregnancy still rply.
I want to know about advantage and disadvantage of garlic and onion .one female patient,(30 y) thyroid gland operation (now she has no gland. Eltroxin 150 was running 1 year but it is now stop for radio iodine ablation after one month. Now totally stop iodine food. So I want to know any problem if she take garlic and onion.
Spine surgeries are complicated and have serious repercussions if the procedure is not planned well. A thorough communication with your doctor is therefore very critical to ensure a safe operation and early post-op recovery. Questions can range from the type of treatment chosen for a speedy recovery to side effects. Here is a list of questions that you need to ask your spine surgeon:
1. Why is the surgery recommended?
Typically, there is more than one treatment option for a particular problem. Your doctor should be able to tell you very precisely as to why the surgery is recommended and how it is going to address the problem. He should also discuss the alternative treatments available with their respective advantages and pitfalls.
2. Is there any non-surgical option?
Many spine related issues can be treated with rest, medicines and physiotherapy. Ask your doctor if such conservative options exist.
3. Explain the surgical procedure in detail.
Your doctor should explain the whole surgical procedure, in as much detail as you think is required for you to understand what is going to be done to your body. This helps you to have a practical idea and realistic expectations regarding your treatment.
4. What is the duration of the surgery?
Duration of a spine surgery depends on the procedure that is being performed and individual complexities. A lumbar microdiscectomy may take barely an hour, while a complex spinal fusion may take half a day! Do inquire about the duration expected by your spine surgeon.
5. How will the surgery address the pain or other symptoms?
It is important to know the source of the pain or other symptoms in a spinal pathology. Not all back pain benefit from surgery. Ask your doctor how he intends to address the pain, weakness etc. through the surgery.
6. What are the risks involved?
Risks and side effects vary from patient to patient. For instance, a person with obesity, diabetes and smoking has greater chances of complications associated with any surgery.
7. Do you need to change your regular medications?
Medicines like blood thinners can increase chance of hemorrhagic complications. These need to be stopped before surgery. Do discuss ALL your medical issues no matter how irrelevant they may seem to you.
8. Whether a back brace is necessary after surgery?
Limiting the spine movement is necessary for the process of healing. Most Doctors suggest braces or collars after a spine surgery.
9. What is the time required for recovery?
The recovery greatly varies with patients and conditions. What you should ask your Doctor is the expected time required for you to join your job/school.
10. Will there be any physical limitation after the operations?
Many spine surgeries require you to refrain from strenuous jobs for a while. For instance, certain surgeries require you to stay away from driving for a while. Address all these apprehensions from your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Preganant hone ke liye din mein. Kitni baar sex karna hota hai. Aur kitne din tak karna hota hai. Aur subse achchi position kya hai sex karne ki pregnant hone ke liye.
I am having sister and she is not having regular monthly. She is having tablets for it. But when she have it she is feel to sleep feel tired she is studying so she can't have tablets nd she is getting fat why is he she getting fat? Nd how can she have a regular monthly? Will she have kids if she don't have regular?.
If any person is doing sex wearing a condom. Then it is safe from having sexual transmitted disease.Please suggest.
I am 22 years old unmarried girl. I have irregular periods and bloated stomach. I get periods only when I take tablets and that too lasts only for 2 days and the bleeding is also so little. I have visited gynecologist she has given me tabs then she took a blood test where hb% was 10 later she advice me to visit her when I get my periods so yesterday I visited her she advice me for a test RBS which I have taken she was saying its hormonal test bt when I went through the net it showed dat it is sugar test so please may I knw which test is RBS? n also please tell me is there any serious problem bcz I have read somewhere tgat bloated stomach and irregular periods are sign of ovarian or othr type of cancer. please do reply. Thank you in advance.
पिछले 2500 वर्षों से, सारी दुनिया में अनगिनत संस्कृतियों द्वारा शहद का उपयोग किया गया है। 16 वीं शताब्दी में, चीनी व्यापक रूप से उपलब्ध होने से पहले शहद प्राकृतिक स्वीटनर के रूप में मूल्यवान रहा है। इसकी जल्द से जल्द ज्ञात उपयोग औषधीय नुस्खे के रूप में सुमेरियन मिट्टी के गोलियों में पाया जाता है, जो लगभग 4000 वर्ष पुराना हो सकता है। प्राचीन मिस्र में, इसका उपयोग त्वचा और आंखों की बीमारियों के प्रबंधन में किया गया था, और साथ ही घावों और जलने पर एक प्राकृतिक पट्टी के रूप में लागू किया जाता था।
शहद वास्तव में एक उल्लेखनीय पदार्थ है। 1 चम्मच शहद (21 ग्राम) में 64 कैलोरी और 17 ग्राम चीनी शामिल है, जिनमें फ्रुक्टोज, ग्लूकोज, माल्टोस और सुक्रोज शामिल हैं। इसमें लगभग कोई फाइबर, वसा या प्रोटीन नहीं होता है। इसमें विटामिन, ट्रेस एंजाइम, एमिनो एसिड और कैल्शियम, लोहा, सोडियम क्लोरीन, मैग्नीशियम, फॉस्फेट और पोटेशियम जैसे खनिजों शामिल हैं।
शहद के लाभ
1. एलर्जी से लड़ने के लिए: शहद के विरोधी भड़काऊ गुणों के कारण, यह एलर्जी के लक्षणों को कम करने में मदद कर सकता है। रोजाना थोड़ा सा शहद लेने से, आपका शरीर एलर्जी के लिए एक प्राकृतिक प्रतिरक्षा बना लेगा।
2. ऊर्जा के लिए: इसकी उच्च कार्बोहाइड्रेट भार के कारण, शहद अप्रसारित चीनी ऊर्जा का एक अद्भुत स्रोत है। यह एक लंबा व्यायाम आहार शुरू करने का एक शानदार तरीका है।
3. मेमोरी बूस्टर के रूप में: शहद में बहुत सारे एंटीऑक्सिडेंट हैं, जो आपके मस्तिष्क के स्वस्थ को बनाए रखने में मदद कर सकते हैं। हनी मस्तिष्क को कैल्शियम अवशोषित करने में भी मदद करती है, जो मेमोरी को बेहतर बनाने में मदद करता है। प्रत्येक दिन एक कप चाय में एक चम्मच घोलना मानसिक स्वास्थ्य में सुधार के लिए एक आसान और ताज़गी भरा तरीका है।
4. खांसी के लिए: शहद एक पुराने जमाने का खाँसी उपाय है जो कि स्वास्थ्य लाभ के साथ भरा है। शहद गले को लेप देता है और तंत्रिका अंत को सुखदायक करके शांत करता है जो गले की रक्षा करते हैं। यहाँ तक कि, विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठन (डब्लू.एच.ओ) ने शहद को शांतिदायक के रूप में सूचीबद्ध किया है। एक ऐसा पदार्थ जो एक सुरक्षात्मक फिल्म बनाने के द्वारा आपके मुंह या गले को जलन से मुक्त करता है।
5. अनिद्रा के लिए: बहुत से लोगों को नींद आने या सोए रहने में समस्या होती है, जिससे अत्यधिक थकान और तनाव हो सकता है। शहद में मौजूद सरोरोटीन और एमिनो एसिड इस प्रक्रिया में मदद करते हैं।
6. रूसी के लिए: जब आप खोपड़ी के लिए शहद और पानी का एक पतला मेल लागू कर कुछ घंटों तक छोड़ देते हैं, तो आपकी खोपड़ी का स्वास्थ बहुत ताज़ी से भदेगा। यह बालों के झड़ने को रोकने में भी मदद करता है।
7. खरोंच और जलन के लिए: इसकी प्राकृतिक एंटीबायोटिक प्रकृति के कारण, शहद घावों और जलने को शांत करने और उपचार करने में सहायता कर सकता है। शहद को बस लागू करें और यह मेथिसिलिन प्रतिरोधी स्ट्रैफिलोकोकस ऑरियस (एम.आर.एस.ए) जैसे कुछ गंभीर बैक्टीरिया से घाव को मुक्त करने में मदद करेगा।
8. हर्पीस के लिए: शहद हर्पीस के लक्षणों के साथ मदद कर सकता है. अगर घावों पर लगाया जाता है, तो यह उनसे द्रव दूर खींचता है। इसके अलावा, चूंकि शहद में उच्च चीनी मूल्य होता है, इसलिए यह सूक्ष्मजीव विकास न्यूनतम रहता है।
9. एक मॉइस्चराइजर के रूप में: चूंकि शहद नमी को काफी अच्छी तरह से बरकरार रखता है, इसलिए आप शैंपू, कंडीशनर और मॉइस्चराइजर्स के अद्भुत परिणामों के लिए, शहद के साथ मिला सकते हैं।
10. प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को बढ़ावा देता है: एंटी-बैक्टीरियल और एंटीऑक्सीडेंट गुणों के कारण, शहद की नियमित खपत आपकी प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को एक अद्भुत बढ़ावा दे सकती है।
11. मुँहासे के लिए: इसमें हुमएसीटंट शामिल हैं जो आपकी त्वचा को मॉइस्चराइज़ करते हैं और आपके मुँहासे पैदा करने वाले बैक्टीरिया को मारने की क्षमता रखता हैं।
12. सेक्स ड्राइव बढ़ाता है: शहद एक प्राकृतिक कामोद्दीपक है और नियमित रूप से खपत आपके लीबीदो को बढ़ावा दे सकती है। शहद पुरुषों में शुक्राणुओं की संख्या और महिलाओं में प्रजनन क्षमता बढ़ाने के लिए भी जाना जाता है।
शहद, चीनी के लिए सिर्फ एक अच्छा विकल्प ही नहीं, बल्कि आपके जीवन में पोषण और फिटनेस जोड़ने का एक अच्छा तरीका है।