Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu SethYour feedback matters!
I am 28 weeks pregnant. Yester day done esr test .first half 70 mm and second half 120. Is it normal.
I have my periods for more than 1 month, still it is continuing. The flow is not heavy. Please help me what to do.
Hello doctor during monthly period time I have low abdominal pain which can't make to walk straightly or to stand n sit anywhere kindly prescribe me the best homeopathic medicine which make to over come from this pain as it disturb me n give uncomfortableness in my busy life thx.
I need to know that any one may go for sex during pregnancy or not. If they may go than upto which period it is safe. Any special attention required during sex at the time of pregnancy.
I have taken abortion pills after 5 days of my due date and after taking pills I have a little bit bleeding and then my period was stooped please suggest me what to do now should I take one more kit of abortion pills I can not go to the gyno coz my family does not know about this please help me.
She had sex with her boyfriend and she got menstrual cycle ended on may 10 and she had unprotected sex on may 22 and her boyfriend ejaculate outside mostly and a little bit inside is there any cause of pregnancy and she is 18 years old.
There is so much of white discharge coming out from her vagina after giving the I pill .what does thay mean. Thank you so much.
Meri 1 year 2 month ki beti hey mujey dobara pregnancy rkhni hey to kon si medicine shi rhey gi temterro tab shi rhey gi.
I am trying to conceive from last 2 years, recently found that my tubes have blockage (rt with terminal hydrosalpinx and lt tube with herbal obstruction and AMH level is 16 which indicates I have PCOS but in follicular ultrasound no PCOD was found. I want to know about the medicines my doc gave me: Ovalife, Evron 35, folizord. I m doubtful about Evron 35 as I read somewhere it is an oral contraceptive, so why does my doc gave this to me.
I am 21 year old woman, from last 2 months my period flow is very low. I do not know sudden what happen from last two months?
1) Period k 4 th day (no bleeding) Mai sex krne se pregnancy aaskti Hain? 2) jab panis se sperm vigina me out hoti hone k bad jab kuchh time bad penis vergina se nikl aati Hain tab kuchh sperm Bahar nikl jati Hain Aysa hone se pregnancy possible hota hain?
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies
Fat soluble vitamins
Vitamin a (retinol)
• Found in dairy produce, eggs, fish oils, and liver.
• Deficiency causes night blindness, xerophthalmia, keratomalacia (corneal thickening) and follicular hyperkeratosis.
Vitamin d (cholecalciferol)
• Found in fish liver oils, dairy produce, and undergoes metabolism at the kidneys and the skin using uv light.
• Deficiency causes rickets (in children) and osteomalacia (in adults). Proximal muscle weakness may be evident.
Vitamin e (alpha-tocopherol)
• Widely distributed, green vegetables, and vegetable oils.
• Deficiency causes hemolytic anemia (premature infants) and gross ataxia.
Vitamin k (k 1 = phylloquinine k 2 = menaquinone)
• Widely distributed but particularly in green vegetables. Synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
• Deficiency causes coagulation defects seen as easy bruising and hemorrhage.
Water soluble vitamins
Vitamin b 1 (thiamine)
• Found in cereals, peas, beans, yeast, and whole-wheat fl our. It is an essential factor in carbohydrate metabolism and transketolation reactions.
• Deficiency causes dry beri-beri (sensory and motor peripheral neuropathy), wet beri-beri (high output cardiac failure and edema), wernicke–korsakoff syndrome.
Vitamin b 2 (ribofl avin)
• Found in whole-wheat flour, meat, fish, and dairy produce. It is a coenzyme in reversible electron carriage in oxidation–reduction reactions.
• Deficiency gives angular stomatitis (fissuring and inflammation at the corners of the mouth), inflamed oral mucous membranes, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and peripheral neuropatmhy. Drugs (e. G, isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine) and is also seen in alcoholism and pregnancy.
Vitamin b 12 (cyanocobalamin)
• Causes of a deficiency are numerous and include partial or total gastrectomy, crohn’s disease, ileal resection, jejunal diverticulae, blind loop syndrome, and tapeworm.
• Deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia, peripheral neuropathy, subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord depression, psychosis, and opticatrophy.
Vitamin b 9 (folic acid)
• Deficiency can be caused by poor diet, malabsorption states, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, gastrectomy, drugs (e. G, methotrexate, phenytoin), excessive utilization (E.G, leukemia, malignancy, inflammatory disease).
• Consequences of deficiency include megaloblastic anemia, and glossitis.
Vitamin c (ascorbic acid)
Deficiency causes scurvy (perifoillicular haemorrhage, bleeding swollen gums, spontaneous bruising, corkscrew hair, failure of wound healing), anemia, and osteoporosis. Trace elements Copper
• Deficiency results in hypochromic and microcytic anemia, wilson’s disease, impaired bone mineralization, menks’ kinky hair syndrome (growth failure, mental defi ciency, bone lesions, brittle hair, anemia).
• Usually caused by copper malabsorption.
Zinc deficiency causes achondromatosis enterpathica (infants develop growth retardation, hair loss, severe diarrhea, candida and bacterial infections), impaired wound healing, skin ulcers, alopecia, night blindness, confusion, apathy, and depression.
Magnesium severe deficiency can cause cardiac arrhythmias, paraesthesia and tetany. Iodine severe deficiency can cause cretinism (children), hypothyroidism, and goiter.
Vitamin b 3 (niacin)
• Found in fish, liver, nuts, and whole-wheat flour.
• Deficiency causes pellagra): dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia.
Vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine)
• Widespread distribution, also synthesized from tryptophan.
• Deficiency causes peripheral neuropathy, convulsions, and sideroblastic anemia. Deficiency may be provoked by a number of commonly used.
Hello doctor. I am 28 years old. Besides my regular periods of MC, I am getting blood clots & white sticky fluid from my vagina due to I feel low & back ache, legs ache & pain in right lower side of my abdomen. I have taken Fluconazole for it but it again persists now after a month. Please help.
I am suffering from PCOS since long, due to which I suffer from irregular periods, is there any permanent solution to it apart from regular medicines and pills?
Most people experience prominent side effects on their body and mind the morning following a night of heavy drinking. These after-effects of consuming excessive alcohol, popularly called a hangover, include rapid heartbeat, headache, anxiety, exhaustion, vomiting, dizziness, lack of energy, and body pain.
Drinking too much alcohol (5 to 7 drinks for men and 3 to 5 for women) not only causes a hangover but also can negatively impact your health by damaging your liver, central nervous system, brain and gastrointestinal system. It takes about 8 to 24 hours to cure a hangover completely, but you can try these natural remedies to get quick relief from the symptoms and reduce the recovery time.
1. Have a banana
A hangover is often associated with decreased potassium levels in your body and having a banana will help replenish it as it contains an adequate amount of the mineral.
Directions: you can either have one or two whole bananas or a banana smoothie with few drops of honey to get relieve from most hangover symptoms.
2. Try honey
Honey contains fructose, which helps to neutralize the negative impact of alcohol on your body. Moreover, honey provides relief from the hangover as it also helps digest the alcohol better.
Directions: take 3-4 teaspoons of honey after each hour (post-hangover) till you feel yourself getting better. You can increase the dosage according to the severity of your hangover.
3. Go for a glass of tomato juice
Tomato juice proves to be very effective in curbing the symptoms of a hangover as it compensates for the dehydration caused in your body due to excessive alcohol consumption. Also, due to its fructose content, tomato helps in metabolizing the alcohol present in your body.
Directions: drink a glass of fresh tomato juice or soup laden with 1 tablespoon each of honey and fresh lemon juice. You can have this juice in the morning once and repeat in the afternoon if needed.
4. Drink a lot of water
When it comes to beating a hangover, there is no substitute for water. Drinking water is not only a tried and tested remedy, but is also the most effective way to cure a hangover. This happens because water fights the dehydration of fluids in your body caused by drinking alcohol.
Directions: to keep the hangover at bay, drink one glass of water after each glass or shot of alcohol you consume. If you forget to do this, starting your day with a bottle of water the next morning will help reduce hangover symptoms drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Oppositional defiant disorder (odd) is a childhood disorder that is defined by a pattern of hostile, disobedient, and defiant behaviors directed at adults or other authority figures. Odd is also characterized by children displaying angry and irritable moods, as well as argumentative and vindictive behaviors. While all children will display some type of defiant behavior throughout their growing years, children suffering from odd will display such behaviors much more commonly than that of any other type of behaviors. For these kids, it can seem like nothing can be done to make them happy. These children will not only do things to purposely cause conflict or to purposely annoy the people around them, but they will oftentimes place the blame on others.