Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Khandelwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu KhandelwalYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. I will get periods once in two months. Lastly got my period on march 8 now I should get it on may 8. But I did not get now. Yesterday I performed home pregnancy test it was negative. Tell me whether I am pregnant or not?
Cooking is an art and we use various cooking procedures to make different recipes. But we have to consider the nutrients loss, nutrients denaturation while opting for cooking practices. I am sharing some tips on healthy cooking methods here.
1) Wash vegetables, fruits before cutting to avoid loss of vitamins and minerals.
2) Do not keep cut vegetables exposed to air for a longer time.
3) Avoid excessive heating of milk to retain protein quality.
3) Avoid reheating of oils and fats as it leads to formation of trans fatty acids and certain toxic substances.
5) Steaming vegetables is a healthier option than boiling.
6) Avoid using plastic containers to microwave foods instead use glass containers.
7) Avoid reheating in microwave.
8) Avoid leaching-discarding water after boiling vegetables/ sprouts.
Some healthy cooking methods are stir frying, steaming, broiling, grilling, baking.
Festivals are the perfect time to celebrate and a zing to our daily lives. These are the times when we get to de-stress, unwind, and bond with our friends, family and savor loads of sweets and traditional foods. One such festival marking sheer happiness is the festival of colours – Holi! This spring festivity of colours brings with it loads of fun that imbibes a sense of exhilaration amongst everyone!
Holi get-togethers are the best part of this festival and are filled with colourful decors, a variety of mocktails, splash of colours and delectable sweets and snacks. Considering it is almost knocking at the door and we can’t wait for those appetizing Holi treats. But whether the snacks are healthy or baked, it is best to limit the quantities as they contain sweeteners and carbohydrates, which can cause overeating and eventually weight gain and ruins the afterglow from the festival.
Celebrate this Holi the healthy way with these traditional snacks with a twist of good health
Sweet & Savoury Gujiyas: One of the quintessential holi delicacies are the gujiyas. These are flaky and crisp but are loaded with sugar and oil. One can make the sweet puffs by adding khoya and healthy sweeteners instead of sugar, which will also make them a little less sweet, but certainly adds that pinch of health quotient. One of the most brilliant ways to make gujiyas is to make it in an air fryer as it would only need one-fifth of oil which would otherwise be required and make it a fantastic healthy delicacy to enjoy by all. Here is a quick recipe for Gujias in an Airfryer:
For the dough:
- Maida – 250 grams
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Dry fruits (roasted) – 100 grams
- Desiccated coconut (grated) – 50 grams
- Sugar – 100 grams (Quantity can be changed as per taste)
- Mix maida, water and oil and prepare a firm dough. Make balls of the dough and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing in a bowl.
- Preheat the Airfryer at 180 degrees.
- Roll the balls in thin flatbread. Apply water on the edges. Put the stuffing in the center and fold it in half.
- Seal the edges by pressing them.
- Prepare all the gujiyas in the same manner and place them in the Airfryer basket.
- Airfry them for 10 minutes or until they turn slightly brown.
- Take the basket out and transfer them to a kitchen towel and let them cool. Healthy gujiyas are ready to serve.
Dahi Vada With A Twist: Without negotiating on taste, bread dahi vada is a healthy alternative to the traditional and established urad dal vada. High in iron, minerals, and calcium, brown bread vada can be prepared in just ten minutes and requires no deep frying. Garnish it with green chutney and tamarind chutney. Here is a quick recipe for bread dahi vadas:
- Bread – 1 packet
- Buttermilk – 200 ml
For the filling:
- Shredded coconut - 3 tablespoons
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili – 2 teaspoons
- Almonds - 2 teaspoons (sliced in half)
For the serving:
- Dahi – ½ cup (whipped)
- Tamarind chutney (optional)
- Green chutney
- Salt (as per taste)
- Red chili powder (as per taste)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for filling in a bowl. Mix well and set aside
- Cut all the bread slices in a round shape with a 3-inch cookie cutter or a bowl.
- Dip the bread in buttermilk on one side and add 2 teaspoons of filling in the middle.
- Fold the bread from the side and make it round in shape. Press the edges seal them.
- Prepare rest of the vadas in the same way.
- Brush the vada with butter or oil lightly and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake until the vadas turn golden brown.
- Take the vada out and soak them in water for 2 minutes. Squeeze out the water and place them on a serving dish.
- Serve the vadas by topping them with whipped dahi, sprinkle salt and red chili. Drizzle tamarind chutney, green chutney and few sprigs of coriander leaves. Healthy and baked vadas are ready to be served.
Cool It Up With Thandai: Holi is incomplete without its staple, Thandai. Any other drink cannot come even close to gulping a glass full of this lip-smacking drink down your throat. This year just make it with low-fat milk and add honey as the substitute for sugar and enjoy the drink guilt-free way.
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 liter water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tbsp almonds (badam)
- 1 tbsp melon seeds (kalonji)
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns (sabut kali-mirch)
- 2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
- 1 tbsp gulkand (optional)
- Wash and clean all dry ingredients except honey and cardamom.
- Soak the ingredients in two cups of water for 2 hours and keep them aside.
- Grind all soaked ingredients except honey to a fine paste. It works best if you use a stone grinder. Add the remaining water to the paste.
- Strain the mixture through a muslin cloth or a very fine strainer.
- Now add milk, honey and rosewater to the extracted liquid. You can add more honey if you prefer your drink slightly on the sweeter side..
- If using cardamom powder mix it in with the milk.
- Mix well and serve chilled.
Go Green With Halwa: Lauki or bottle gourd constitutes 98% water and is enriched with so many nutrients, especially fibre. So, make a healthy Holi treat of lauki, and you don't have to choose between health and taste during this festival season. Add dry fruits and rose petals, of your choice and voila, you are all set!
- 2 1/2 cups grated bottle gourd (lauki)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 2 tsp sugar substitute
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the bottle gourd and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 17 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar substitute and mix well.
- Serve hot with love
With such healthy and yummy snack options on the plate, what should we wait for? So, it’s time to get drenched in colours, fill our tummies with mouth-watering yet mindful choices and leave worries and calories on a different continent. Have a happy & healthy Holi!
I have pcod since 1.5 year. Im taking ginette 35. I have taken 3 cycles. My thyroid and prolactin are normal. No anemia. I feel am gaining weight. My periods are irregular since 5 years. So please "PRESCRIBE" me sme ayurvedic medicines for pcod and for weight control.
I just married, sex with my wife & she became pregnant. I want to know if I can sex with her & ejaculate in vagina or anus till delivery.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition.
Itching start in vagina, and muh dinon se meri vagina wet rehti hai kafi I dnt knw y, meri delevery ko 25 months ho gye or period still not come.
I had sex on the new year's night and my expected date for my periods was 1or 2. Today is 6th Jan but I still have not got my periods even after 4 days of the expected date. Since 1st Jan to till today I am having a kind of white discharge. Am I pregnant? Please help. On 21st November I had sex too. I took ipill on 24th November. Again I had sex. I got period on 2nd December. But it was very less than usual. It lasted for 3 or 4 days as usual. The last period before this was 1st November. Help please.
She is suffering from period delay . Her last period date was 16 April 2016 . Its almost 2 months after her period but till now there is no sign of period again . We also done pregnancy test with kit 2 times but the results were negative. Please suggest any solutions so that she again have a regular period.
Most people are familiar with ergonomics as it applies to the workplace But the benefits of ergonomics shouldn’t be limited to the confines of the office cubicle. Ergonomic processes are just as important in the gym setting, and could mean the difference between a game-changing fitness routine and one that goes belly-up.
1. Ergonomics improves your performance.
2. Ergonomics simplifies your tasks
Most people are familiar with ergonomics as it applies to the workplace But the benefits of ergonomics shouldn't be limited to the confines of the office cubicle. Ergonomic processes are just as important in the gym setting, and could mean the difference between a game-changing fitness routine and one that goes belly-up.
1.Ergonomics improves your performance.
2.Ergonomics simplifies your tasks
3.Ergonomics is personal.
4.Ergonomics for specific jobs
5.Ergonomics improves your safety.
6.Ergonomics saves you money.
3. Ergonomics is personal.
4. Ergonomics for specific jobs
5. Ergonomics improves your safety.
6. Ergonomics saves you money.