Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MadhuYour feedback matters!
Respected sir or ma'am, Period date is passed 12 day ago.And I took urine pregnancy test today at 3 pm.Before this test I doesn't went for urine since last 6 hours.The test result is nagative.What should I do for conforms about it? I cant take this test in morning. please give me advise for getting period.I will test soon what should I do for perfect result.Is my method is ok or not?
Female infertility is not really a rare condition, it happens to one out of six couples. Infertility is a condition in which a woman is unable to conceive despite efforts. There can be a number of causes for female infertility, including problems with ovulation, uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Age can also be a contributing factor to infertility. Following are the reasons that might be responsible for female infertility
- Ovulatory problems
- Damage of organs of reproductive system
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Scar tissues or adhesions of some sort
- Presence of polyps in the uterus
- A previous serious infection in the fallopian tubes or uterus
- Chronic medical illness relating to the reproductive system
- A previous ectopic pregnancy
- A birth defect in the uterus or fallopian tube
- The DES syndrome where in the infertility can occur to the offspring due to the medication DES is given to a mother in order to prevent miscarriage or premature of the child.
- Abnormal presence of cervical mucus can make it more difficult for sperms to reach the egg.
Now that the part about the causes has been discussed, it is essential to discuss the treatment. Are there really ways to reverse infertility in women to make them fertile? Well, in some chronic cases it is not possible; however, some are treatable by the following methods:
- In the case of hormone imbalance or endometriosis or short menstrual cycles, hormones are taken to treat the problems.
- Medications can be taken to stimulate ovulations.
- Fertility enhancing supplements can be used.
- In case of infection in any of the reproductive parts, antibiotics can be taken to remove them
- In order to remove blockage or scar tissues from the uterus, fallopian tube or pelvic area, minor surgeries can be performed.
Yes, there are some tips for prevention of infertility
- Taking all the steps required to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid intake of illicit drugs
- Having regular checkups with the gynaecologist
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Exercising regularly
- Having a healthy sexual relationship
This article is a short walkthrough on female infertility and answers most of the commonly asked questions. In case you have further questions, you can always consult a medical practitioner near you.
I am 40 years female. I feel very sleepy between 10 am to 4 pm in the day. It seems bp is very low. But when I go to doc my bp I find normal. All blood tests r done. Doc says you r perfect. No disease. But I know I am not. In this slot of day I do not like to talk or listen loud conversation. I feel very tired without doing work. What do I do Please help me. This is going since last 10 to 15 years.
Obesity and wellness (continued)
- Eat less, move more
- Stress less, sleep more
- These are fundamentals of maintaining ideal weight and good health.
We live in a society where majority people eats too much, move too little, stresses all the time and sleep less.
Why we have a tendncy to over eat?
Our eating patterns are influenced by culture, tradition and region.
Many people eat mindlessly without consciously knowing what they are eating. Our eating is also influenced by emotional stress. So
A) we must develop a knowledge on nutrition on day -today basis.
More you know about food nutrition, more you eat better.
B) mindfull eating with awareness of what we are eating and how much we are eating is crucial.
C) maintain calmness of mind so that food cravings are reduced.
How much walking and exercise is our bodyâs minimum requirement?
- Reasearch says 10, 000 steps walking a day is a minimum requirement to break insulin resistance and to maintain good health.
- Walking alone is not enough.
- Atleast 3 times a week, do resistance training in a gym.(till age 60).
- After age 35, physiologically we lose 3% muscle mass every year. This will be prevented by regular muscle training
- More muscles means more calories burn.
- Do yoga, swimming, marathon, cycling etc once or twice a week as you like.
How sleep and stress affects our weight?
A) not getting enough sleep can affect hormones like leptin and ghrelin that regulate our appetite, making us eat more.
B) in response to stress, our body releases cortisol that promotes visceral fat. If we are stressed too often, that can cause weight gain.
Food, activity, sleep, and mood work together. Every bite, step, and hour of deep sleep has an effect not only on the bodyâs processes but on mental and emotional fitness as well.
I am 20 years old. And my period started when I was 14 years old. But from the time it started, it happens after 40 42 days interval. So is it normal?
Cholesterol pockets or Xanthelasma are yellow patches of cholesterol that form in the inner portion of the eyelids. These patches are not harmful; however, they can be a source of cosmetic concern. This condition can be indicative of an underlying heart disease.
Who are the most vulnerable to this disease?
Xanthelasma is a very rare condition that only affects people who have high blood cholesterol levels. However, this condition has been seen to develop even if one’s cholesterol levels are found to be normal. Usually, people in their middle age are the most susceptible to this condition. Xanthelasma affects women more as compared to men.
High blood cholesterol level is the primary cause for this disorder. One might be prone to this disorder if the percentage of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body is on the higher side. Another liver disorder known as ‘biliary cirrhosis’, is also known to increase blood cholesterol levels. Generally, Asians are the most vulnerable to this disease.
Derma Treatments for Xanthelasma-
As these patches do not disappear on their own, they need to be given medical attention. Usually, it’s the cosmetic concern that urges one to go for the treatment. The various treatment options for this disorder are:
Surgical removal of the cholesterol pockets.
These pockets can also be removed with a laser.
Certain medications such as trichloroacetic acid can be used to dissolve these patches.
Cryosurgery, a procedure whereby the cholesterol pockets are exposed to freezing temperatures, is also another treatment option.
Electrodessication is a surgical procedure to get rid of the cholesterol pockets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.