Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Coconut oil and cholesterol
About 70% of the fats in coconut oil are saturated fatty acids known to raise cholesterol. Another 14% or so are shorter chain fats called mcts, whose effects on cholesterol appear to be neutral. About 3% of the fat is stearic acid, which also doesn't affect cholesterol. Coconut oil also contains small amounts of mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, which are not thought to raise cholesterol
Mustard oil and cholesterol
Fats, oilseeds, and nuts play an important role in our diets. Mustard oil is a type of fat, which is extracted from mustard seeds through pressing of seeds and is filtered using the distillation process. Mustard oil has got a typical pungent and sharp flavor that is because of the presence of a compound called allyl isothiocyanate. This oil has about 60% monounsaturated fatty acids (mufa), 21% polyunsaturated fats (pufa) and about 12% saturated fats. A higher amount of mufa and pufa distinguishes it from other types of fats. These fatty acids are also called 'good fats' as they do not get deposited on arterial walls. Mustard oil contains glucosinolate, which basically works against microbes and adds on to the oil's health benefits.
Why headache occurs during initial months of pregnancy? Is it a big concern or not? My wife is three months pregnant and having headache in the evening time. Is it a big concern?
Hi Doctor, my periods comes in every 28 to 32 days, this month its came on 31st day, on 30th whole day it was spotting, this month is neither heavier nor less, today is third day of my period I got suddenly 3 inch blood clotted. Its freaking me. Vomiting sensation and headache. Please advice.
In pregnancy scanning report there is many measurement like :- BPD HC AC FL FHR EFW AFI GA CLR What all these indicates?
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips, which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medications: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
Related Tip: "First Trimester Pregnancy - What to Expect"
My periods are not getting stopped from 2 months. All test are normal? Please advice me what to doo?
Hi I am 22 years married. I have problem I am experiencing some white discharge some times like jelly type flowing from my vagina. During urinate it's more and other time little bit .It may be due to PCOS? Before 6 months, I had ultrasound and it's pcos. Now I am continuing overflow SR. Please help.
Hamara age 40 hae .Sade ke1 years hua hae ave tak koe child nahe hae hamara semen cont 25 or motility 15 hae. Ky hamara seman incres ho sakta hae or wife pregnance ho sate hae.
I got married in june 2014. Due to some fear of sex in mind of wife due to this her vagina opposing to penetrate my penis actually she is penetrating penis with her hand. (It is normal to penetrate penis with her hand) But that time my penis not properly penetrate in vagina because of wife fear .And all sperm also not going to vagina. We are unable to do the intercourse continuously due to my site work. Now from last three month we are doing sex properly my wife penetrate penis properly my all sperm going to vagina. My semen report is normal. My wife mc is regular. But now I am at site and due to site work we are unable to do the intercourse continuously (6 month)ìn fertile period . As per doctor suggestion do the intercourse for six months for conceiving in fertile period .it is necessary to do the sex continuously at least six month for conceiving. We want baby now because we got married in 2014. We want baby asap can we go for IUF. FROM IUf we will get baby . It is expensive . What is the success rate? Please suggest and guide.
First time sex time between virgin couple sex without condom. Is there chance for hiv aids. I need children very soon. Today 15th october. How get pregnant report with 2 months. Please help. I need urgent. We did late marriage. So we are worried/ I am 31 and my wife age is 25. Kindly suggest ideas.
Hello doctor, I am a married girl but my partner is unhappy with me because after 1-2 times I getting tired and I can do sex for 2-3 days. What should I do for this? please help.
Deepavali, is a festival of lights that brings fun, joy and togetherness. Though diwali celebrations mean lots of fun and enjoyment, unfortunately, improper handling and playing with fireworks account for thousands of emergency room visits each year during the festival. Eyes are the second-most common affected area after the hands and fingers.
While enjoying the festival to its fullest, here are five simple safety tips for your eyes during diwali:
Maintain a safe distance: maintain a distance of an arm's length while lighting firecrackers, and at least five metres while watching
Use protective glasses
Wash your eyes: in the event of an eye injury, do not rub your eyes. If there are any particles inside your eyes, it will scratch your eyeballs and this will cause further damage. Instead, wash your eyes with clean water for about 10 minutes and after that visit an eye doctor at the earliest.
No contact lenses
Wash hands thoroughly
Remember prevention is better than cure.
Do not let children light crackers. If there are fireworks, there should always be adult supervision.
These precautions can go a long way to ensure a safe diwali for you, your family friends and your loved ones.
In case of an accident, contact emergency medical services immediately.
I am 26 years old. Suffering from vaginal infection for last 1 year almost Go and come again situation Used medicines like AF 150 azithromycin Candi force But it comes again every month What to do?
I am 29 yrs old. I hav 1 kid. Two three days. Am havng frequent urination and my sleep is disturbed at night. Today am having gas problem also. Is that early signs of pregnancy? my last period was on 14th april.
Dr. After 6 months of pregnancy of my wife baby was suffering from low fluids and miscarriage happens, after all tests Dr. said she is normal, now when can we conceive and which is the best time and how long to wait. Please.
I love my friend n she to love's me .we both have interest to do sex but she is fearing about pregnancy she wants to do with me n is it safe to do sex . ? In which safe days we should participate with protected sex ?
Benefits of getting regular tests for STIs
STIs or sexually transmitted diseases are infections whose transmission to a healthy person from an infected person happens through sexual contact. However, with modern medicine and diagnostic techniques, there are ways to prevent, detect and cure them effectively and quickly.
Not all diseases are curable though and it is best to follow preventive measures. Also, for sexually active adults it is an absolute necessity to get tested regularly for their health as well as the well-being of their partners.
Why do people tend to avoid getting tested for STIs or sexually transmitted infections?
One of the major factors that avert people from regular tests is the social stigma attached with sexually transmitted diseases. It is absolutely imperative for sexually active adults to go for regular checkups so that if they have any infections or diseases, it can be diagnosed quickly and remedial measure can be taken appropriately.
The benefits of regular checkups
Some of the benefits of regular checkups are mentioned here:-
- Regular checkups can detect problems at a stage when the conditions may not have progressed too much and this will make it easily treatable.
- With HIV positive patients, the quicker the testing gets done the quicker the treatment can be started. Thus, can prevent the onset of AIDS.
- Regular checkups can control the progression of the diseases such as Chlamydia, which if left untreated can cause permanent infertility.
- Getting a prospective partner tested is also a good idea as this can enable one to protect themselves from STIs.
- Symptoms for certain STIs can be similar to many other non-sexual or non-venereal diseases. Thus getting tests done is the only way to get to know if there is an STI or if it is some other nonsexual disease.
- HPV or Human Papilloma Virus can be detected easily with regular STI checkups and thus appropriate treatment can be started. If HPV isn't detected early, it can manifest much later in the form of cancer, which makes it more important to get yourself checked early on.