Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Chanda Das Sarkar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu Chanda Das SarkarYour feedback matters!
Hi I had unsafe sex with my husband before one month and I have been miss my periods I am worried about this plss give me some suggestion.
I'm 38 years old and have a problem of heavy bleeding during periods, cycle ranging from 22-25 days, and each period lasting 6-7 days. Ultrasound reports are normal and no problem of thyroid. Weight is normal and I exercise regularly. I have been taking Ashokarishta since 4 months. Please advise whether to stop it during periods or take it during periods as well. Also any additional medicine that I can try?
I just wanted to know when would be the right time to check the pregnancy test as my last period date was 7th Feb and this month I missed my periods. Please help me for the same.
During period I have heavy bleeding and a lot of body ach, stomach pains a lot. Usually pain lasts for 5 days. Is there any treatment for it?
Siphene 50 mg is it to treat pcos bcoz doc suggested me a that tablet for irregular period I am having pcod. But Dr. told me ut chest is not so big so dnt worry she told.
I always have hard luck during my periods, its often irregular too. Many of d doctors says no to pain killer what should I do.
Hello Doctor, I want to know that, if I take 2 unwanted 72 in a week then what is the side effects or any problem in future regarding pregnancy. Please suggest me about it.
Are you pregnant and planning on having a natural childbirth? There are several things to keep in mind when considering a natural childbirth. Natural birth involves no interventions and drugs and you need to prepare well for it. Here are some important tips you should follow, if you want to have a natural childbirth:
- Choose a birth environment of your choice: You should choose a safe place for giving birth. Many women feel more secure at home and prefer it as the place for giving birth, while some choose a hospital.
- Choose a care provider you trust: It is important for you to choose a trustworthy care provider, who will make you feel at ease and will pay respect to your wishes. In the case of giving birth in a hospital, you can opt for hiring a doula.
- Prepare your body: It is important to prepare your body physically before natural childbirth. Pregnancy is quite exhausting and makes you want to refrain from activities, but you should walk for some time every day to keep fit. Keeping your body in good shape will help you with stamina during delivery.
- Ice Game: You can play the ice game with your partner. It is a game designed to give you a glimpse of how to handle labor pain. This is more of an assessment, meant for giving you an idea about coping with pain of contractions. This method is also ideal for learning to deal with pain.
- Educate yourself: It is important for you to read a lot about pregnancy. You should read from the Internet and also from books and stories related to natural childbirth.
- Be positive: It is very important for you to maintain a positive state of mind, prior to your natural childbirth. You need to be determined and strong and reiterate to yourself that you are strong and will be able to cope with the process.
- Coping strategies: Learn about various coping strategies. Keeping your jaw relaxed, horse lips, and low moaning are some strategies you can try.
- Avoid cervical checks: Try avoiding cervical checks as much as possible, as they are not always a progressive measure. You do not have to be too much focused on dilation numbers.
- Prepare your partner: Your partner also has to play an important role during your childbirth. You should make him learn all the major facts regarding natural childbirth and let him know about your expectations and hopes for labor.
- Change positions during labor: You should try different positions during labor, and not think of being silly.
It is also important for you to get rid of preconceived ideas of natural childbirth from your mind. The process is different in different women, and you must embrace it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome also known as Polycystic Ovarian Disease manifests in multiple cysts covering the ovaries, filled with immature follicles (eggs) accompanied by hormonal abnormalities and irregularities in ovulation and menstruation.
While PCOS falls into a group of conditions which don’t have a cure as such, there are natural ways to manage this condition so you don’t experience any symptoms and can get pregnant if you choose to.
What to do?
1. Avoid coffee, alcohol, soft drinks, sugar and juices containing sugar, refined
carbs (white bread, biscuits, chocolate, lollies etc…).
2. Eat small protein rich meals every 3 hours to balance your blood sugar.
3. Exercise regularly – cardio and weights (the more muscles you have the
more fat you’ll burn).
4. Add cinnamon to your cooking. It has been found to improve insulin
sensitivity in women with PCOS.
5. Excess androgen production has been shown to favorably react to intake of
licorice so include some fresh licorice from an organic store.
6. Reduce stress with yoga, mediation, breathing exercises, 8 hours of sleep,
regular exercise, lavender, lemon balm and chamomile tea.
7. Take a good quality multivitamin and fish oil (make sure it’s been tested for
mercury and stabilized with vitamin E).
8. Eat more: adzuki beans, basil, cayenne, chestnut, chives, eggplant, garlic,
ginger, kohlrabi, leek, nutmeg, pepper, rice, rosemary, spearmint and
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.