Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Chanda Das Sarkar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu Chanda Das SarkarYour feedback matters!
Stop or delaying in period by medicine is safe? If it's need to take then what precautions we need to take.
I am pregnant, now 35 week complete. But I have swelling my body from 2 month. specially at my foot with pain. So what can I do.
Hello, I am 9.5 weeks pregnant and went for a obgyn appointment at 8 week 6 days, doctor did the ultrasound and told about no heartbeat, baby was about 8 week size. She told me that I will miscarry eventually in few weeks. But I am waiting for another ultrasound at 10 week in the hope of heartbeat. I want to know the chances of heartbeat being visible at 10 weeks. Please help!
Hey sir, My girlfriend had I pill 9 pm yesterday and we had unprotected sex at 8 AM this morning. Should she go for another I pill.
Hi am 35 years old, am diabetic patient taking insulin frm 1 yr, 10 days before after examination I became to know tht I have pcos problem, aftr doctor advice I taken meprate 10 mg fr 5 days, 7 days back I completed last tablet, still now I didn't got periods, when my periods start?
Sir i had sex with my boy friend before 8 days of my periods but I took unwanted 72 within 3 hours after sex but later I got my periods at the same date when it was scheduled to be is it normal or any sign of pregnancy please clear me this I am affraid.
Respected madam, At what age the menstruation cycle starts of a girl? Does it give pain? If yes, then where? What is the frequency of bleeding from the vagina? Does the blood fall down on earth/floor? Please let me know.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!