Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu BattaYour feedback matters!
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 32 years old, I am planning my baby now. I had gone through an abortion in March 2010 in the 22 week of my pregnancy. I have consulted a gynaecology doctor and got all tests and ultrasound done. All reports are normal only my thyroid (tsh) was 5.2 so doc asked to take THYRONORM 25 mcg and a folic acid tab. I am ovulating every month. I was having a 28 days cycle for years then it suddenly since last 3 -4 months it started to fluctuate sometimes 26 days sometimes 30 days last month it was 35 days. Why is this happening?
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
I had pregnancy and have a six months old baby but didn't get periods till now what should I do? Is that anything serious.
Hello doctor I lost my virginity with my boyfriend on 2nd april. It was an unprotected sex also my periods stopped on1st april and started on 30th march (i have hormonal problems) and my periods last only for 2-3 days since yesterday I am feeling little pukish and had fever I did pregnancy test which came negative. Doctor please help me im really scared also please tell me till when I have chances of getting pregnant and when should I get my pregnancy test again? And will ipill cause delay in periods?
I am 15 years old female. I didnt had the hard sex at all. Dick just got inside my vagina. Few hours before having sex, I had a severe stomache on the left side of my stomach like someone is penetrating something from inside. Few minutes after sex, I was not able to breathe properly. Next day, again pain started in left and right side of my belly. My breatge rate changes as I do some walking or physical work. I have not got my periods yet though date was of 20. What should I do. I am scared. Are these signs of pregnancy? if not what all these means!
Low libido in men has become a serious concern nowadays as is evident from the increased demand for male infertility medicines in the market. These modern medicines focus on suppressing the symptoms of the problem rather than cure the root cause of the problem. Ayurveda can help you get a deeper understanding of these issues regarding male health and also provide a permanent cure with herbs and proper diet guidelines.
Low libido can lead to infertility and hamper your relationship. Male infertility is the end result of a poor diet that overuses bitter, salty, sour and spicy ingredients, emotional pressure, aging, improper fasting, suppressing urges, excessive exercising, and genetic factors. General stress and worrying in life might cause lack of interest in spending time with your partner. Ayurveda provides herbal remedy for male infertility and brings back the happiness and closeness in your relationship. Herbs have the power to treat male weaknesses at their root and help in faster recovery.
This is the most popular herb that is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for male infertility. It has the ability to cure the ailments of the reproductive system. It has an abundance of folate which metabolises protein faster. It contains lots of iron of vitamin E; both of these nutrients are beneficial for the good physical health of males. It directly raises the testosterone levels. Consuming this herb will elevate the youth hormones in your body and rejuvenate your reproductive system to remove any weakness and debilities. Increase the consumption of green vegetables with consumption of the asparagus herb to eliminate your troubles faster by improving the flow of blood and enhance the supply of nutrients.
Shilajit is a very powerful herb that provides long-lasting energy, vitality, and stamina. It improves the hormonal secretions and promotes the release of growth hormones in proper regulation. Optimum availability of such hormones helps in keeping males active, energised and fit. It also promotes longevity and slows down the aging process. Shilajit is known for its anti-aging properties. It is loaded with antioxidants which are good for reducing the damage of cells and tissues. It supplements about 85 different kinds of nutrients in the form of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and proteins. Shilajit strengthens the bones, speeds up tissue generation and balances the flow of energy all over the body. This herb is a powerful aphrodisiac that raises the sperm count and greatly recovers male fertility. It not only improves the libido but provides all-around strength.
3. Ras Sindoor
Ras Sindoor is another important herb that can treat sexual weakness in men and improve vitality and strength. This herb is a source of many mineral and bioactive nutrients. It is a natural remedy formale libido weakness. It cures general debility and low energy levels which slow the functioning process of the body. It is a powerful cleanser of the blood. The nutrients in this herb cleanse the blood of harmful compounds and traces of pollutants and metals. Ras Sindoor is used in many supplements for its ability to increase power and stamina in males.
4. Abhrak Bhasma
Abhrak Bhasma is highly beneficial herb to increase the rate of tissue generation in the male body. It is one of the best herbs for the treatment of male infertility. It protects the body from illnesses and helps in the faster recovery from weaknesses. It promotes the growth of T cells and phagocytes which are good for a healthy immune system. This herb helps in reversing the damage done by wrong practices earlier that had a negative impact on the male genitals and caused weaknesses. The Abhrak Bhasma should be used by males to gain healthy tissues and organs.
All these herbs provide an effective herbal remedy for male infertility and give rise to the male libido. Ayurvedic medicines are beneficial for the human body as it has no side-effects and provides permanent cures to all kinds of physical weaknesses.
Ath Ayurdhamah is dedicated to restoring and maintaining the lost balance between physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, through the understanding and practice of age-old systems of Ayurveda and Yoga. Our strength lies in understanding the body and its performance at constitutional level and that is what we apply to our Remedies.
Hello Dr. I am 28 year old at the time of pregency I have come extra part from the under arms is it risk ?
Is vaginal tightening procedure possible? Please give me information about that. I really want to do that. How much cost of this?
Hi, I am 15.4 weeks pregnant I still get abdomen pain, it's poky pain sometimes on left sometimes on right ,an its really disturbing for me when I am at work in office, it pains more when I walk ,well I did me sonography on my 13 week ,did dual marker test ,doctor said child is normal ,however my gynac does not have anything to say about my pain she says it will go ,but since I am pregnant from weeks now I am going through this pain ,can you please tell me if it is normal ,and how to avoid this pain.
Hello I am 8 weeks pregnant .mere puri body me kujlee ho rahi hai Dane b aa rahe hai 2 ghnte me he normal b ho mate hai. Kya ye common hai ya some problem ho sakti hai. Kujlee last three days se hai.
Age-49, not got periods for 3 months. On examination prolactin is 31. Please tell course to be followed.
According to the World Health Organization, “Hypertension affects 600 million people worldwide. Yet many are unaware that they have the disease and are at risk of developing a stroke, heart disease, blindness and kidney failure. Hypertension causes five million premature deaths per year, yet there is no proper solution for curing hypertension.”..
Homeopathy, a branch of alternative medicine based on the Law of Similars, is one of the most effective hypertension treatments, in my opinion. Homeopathy believes in holistic, totality, and individualized approaches. A holistic approach means that every manifested symptom in a body relates to a mental or emotional state. In a totality approach, homeopathy does not aim to treat a specific organ, but the body in its entirety.
CAUSE OF HYPERTENSION
Doctors are often unable to pinpoint the exact cause of hypertension. corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs . Medication taken for pain and inflammation, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors may also raise blood pressure,As well, tobacco products contain nicotine, Chronic overuse of alcohol . In fact, 30 to 60% of alcoholics suffer from hypertension. Caffeine intake may also cause an acute (rapid but brief) increase in blood pressure. Research indicates that about 62% of strokes and 49% of heart attacks are caused by hypertension.
Homeopathy can help high blood pressure, determining its cause through a holistic approach that looks to cure the individual as a whole. Homeopaths simply use symptoms, and the sensation of experiencing those symptoms, to determine which homeopathic remedy will most effectively trigger the body’s healing response.
Homeopathic treatment is recommended because it not only can lower and stabilize blood pressure, it also has a positive effect on overall health.
High Blood Pressure DIET -
Restrict your sodium intake.
Eat a well-balanced diet based on whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, fish, chicken, and turkey.
Avoid foods high in transfatty acids and saturated fats.
Avoid licorice, it is known to raise blood pressure.
Garlic helps reduce high blood pressure. In the morning take a tiny piece of garlic and crush it with the knife. Swallow with a glass of water.
Make yourself hot lemonade.Drink it, twice a day.
Reduce your stress levels.
-Dr Rushali Angchekar
vaibhavi homoe clinic , vengurla
**tricolour sample meal plan for the healthy nation**
Early morning: green tulsi water with white banana and orange apricot
Breakfast: green methi spinach roti with white curd and orange home-made pickle
Mid-morning: papaya, kiwi & apple fruit salad
Lunch: tricolour vegetable biryani
Evening snack: tiranga sandwich with green tea
Pre-dinner: tomato, paneer, mint and basil leave salad
Dinner: green moong dal, carrot vegetable with roti
Would love to know who all tried the menu.
P. S. This is just a sample meal plan and is not intended to achieve a certain health or a lifestyle goal. However all options in the menu are healthy and can be followed by anyone.