Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hello I am 8th month pregnant lady and I got positive hiv infection and doctor said don't need any medicines now because my cd4count is 626. But I have so much fear about my baby. Will she get any infection from me? I am using homeopathic medicines now. Pls tell me.
Hii I am 1.5 month pregnant n today I have a thick like jelly white and a little brown discharge from vagina is it normal or not Which type of symptom is this.
I have first time sex 1 month ago, then after some days my breast size get increased suddenly. please tell me what is this. Or this is a sign of pregnancy?
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.
Also known as sexual climax, orgasm is the sudden ejection of stored sexual excitement during the process of having sex. It involves the rhythmic flexing of the muscles near the pelvic area resulting in an immensely pleasurable experience. Considered an involuntary action, it is experienced by both men and women, though they occur due to different circumstances.
While the sexual stimulation of the penis is responsible for orgasm in males, it is the stimulation of the clitoris that causes the same in women. In both the sexes the body undergoes certain changes during orgasm.
Few of them are:
- Effect on genitals: Though orgasm results in a pleasurable experience in both men and women, their genitals do not react in a similar way. Women experience a heady rush as the blood flow to the clitoris and vagina. Subsequently, the vagina secretes lubricants and increases in size. On the other hand, men experience a feeling of contraction and throbbing in their penis and prostate region. Despite the differences, the genitals in the cases release powerful sexual energy during orgasm.
- Increase in blood rate and rapid breathing: This condition is common to both men and women. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, both the sex experience an increase in heart rate, contraction of muscles and rapid breathing during orgasm.
- Release of hormones: During orgasm, there is an excessive discharge of oxytocin in both men and women. When this hormone floods the brain, it creates feelings of intimacy and a sense of warm bond. However, in males another hormone called testosterone is released which operates as a counter to the effects of oxytocin.
- Effects on brain during orgasm: The brain of men and women operate differently. The periaqueductal gray also known as PAG, an area responsible to control fights, is activated in women. At the same time, women also experience a sudden decrease in apprehension and fear. However, the same does not happen in the case of men.
- Stimulation of nerve endings: During orgasm, millions of nerve endings on the penis, vaginal opening, testes and clitoris are triggered and stimulated. This consequently produces the feeling of an arousal.
Hello doctor, I am 30 years old having PCOD problem since I was 19 yrs. N now since 5 years I am having thyroid problem n taking 100 mg thyroxine tab. But I am facing very heavy weight gain n besides I am doing exercise n takes balanced diet my thyroid gets increased every now n then I hav heard that homeopathy is having cure of thyroid. Kindly help.
I have taken blood beta-hcg test for pregnancy, a week after day of missed period. It was < 1.2 miu\ml. Can I confirm pregnancy or was it too early to take the test, as I took it 37 days after lmp?
My girl friend has done abortion with pills as own and now she was good. My question is can any doctors find or identified that she used this kind of abortion while take a test for his pregnancy? Kindly solve my query thanks in advance.
My mother in law is 80. She has recently been operated for breast cancer her breast is removed. Drs have suggested chemo therapy but she is undergoing homeopathy treatment. Is it ok?
I was suffering from endometriosis and underwent laproscopy last year. Now doctor prescribed me three months course of progynova (estradiol valerate) from day 1-14 ubhipene (clomphine) 3-7 and duphaston from 15-28. Is it safe to take these medicines or endometriosis will have any effect. What are the chances of conceiving. Last month I took this but was of no use.
Bhagwad Gita and Yoga Shastras categorize food into three types corresponding to their properties termed as gunas. Depending upon satoguna, rajoguna and tamoguna, the food items are categorized as satwik, rajsik or tamsik.
Satwik food provides calmness, purity and promotes longevity, intelligence, strength, health, happiness and delight. The examples of satwik food items are fruits, vegetables, leaves, grains, cereals, milk, honey, etc. These items can be consumed as they are. One can also live on satwik food for life.
Rajsik food items possess attributes of negativity, passion and restlessness. Hot, spicy and salty food items with pungent, sour and salt taste promote rajas qualities.
Tamsik food has attributes of inducing sleep, ignorance, dullness and inertia. The examples of tamsik food are meat, onions, garlic, leftover food, etc.
Only satwik food is offered to God. Rajsik and tamsik food is never offered as Bhog. The only persons who were offered tamsik and rajsik food in Ramayana are Ahi Ravana and Kumbhkaran. Both had an evil nature. Kumbhkaran signified tamas and Ahi Ravana, rajas or aggression. Tamsik and rajsik food can be converted into satwik by slow heating, sprouting or keeping them in water overnight. The examples are sprouted wheat and chana (chickpeas), etc.
A mixture of honey, milk, ghee, curd and sugar is called panchamrut and is a routine offering to the God. All the five components have satwik properties and their consumption promotes health.
In Ayurveda, there is a saying that any food item, which grows under the ground, is tamsik in nature and one, which comes from the top of the tree or plant like leaves, flower and fruits are satwik in nature. Satwik food is usually fresh, seasonal and locally grown.
Human beings are made up of body, mind and soul and soul is equated to consciousness or God. Whatever offered to external God if offered to the internal God or consciousness leads to inner happiness. The ritual, therefore, of offering food to God before eating forces us to either eat only satwik food or to include a substantial portion of satwik food in our meals. It helps a person convert his meal into a pure satwik one or at least adding satwik items.
Sprinkling water around the plate is considered an act of purification.
Many people confuse bhog with chadhava or offerings to the deity. While bhog is shared with God, chadhava is the offering of your illness or negative thoughts to the God and you go back with prasada of inner happiness. Many people counter the above argument by saying that alcohol is offered to Bhairon, viewed as a demon God, which means alcohol, is good for health. I personally feel that alcohol is offered to Bhairon not as a bhog but as an offering which means that people who are addicted to alcohol go to Bhairon and give their share of alcohol to him so they can de–addict themselves.
My girlfriend got her periods 2 days ago, but she had her periods only for 2 days whereas she generally has for 3 days. She did bleed heavily during the day two of her period. Now after 2 days she is vomiting and experiencing back pain. Is she pregnant? P. S.:- we always have protected sex Girlfriend age is 25.
Hello I am 26 years old lady. I am married since 2 years. I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle problem. I have taken many medicines but no positive results. The gap between two cycles is almost 2 and half to 3 months. No abdomen pain as such but no monthly periods as well. This problem is disturbing my day to day activities. And not able to concentrate on anything. Can you help me to come out from this?
Salads in Our Life
Salad contains various types of Vitamins, calcium, folic acids, a fiber that helps to prevent chronic diseases such as cancer and heart diseases.
Salad helps in improving digestive health.
Eating salads is a great way to increase your vegetable intake and vegetables contain anti-oxidants which help in boosting the immune system.
Raw Foods in salads means no loss of vitamins and minerals due to cooking- When you're eating uncooked foods you're giving your body the maximum vitamins and nutrients available in various foods.
Almost every salad is fat-free and good for the skin and health.
Salad can increase your hydration level most veggies are majority water, so when you eat them you naturally hydrate your body.
Salads are low in calories, so eating salads instead of fatty foods helps you slim down your waist.
Eating salads helps to reduce cravings, for other fatty Foods.
Initially, eating a small amount of salad before a meal will help to prevent over-eating.
It works great for the persons with diabetes and Vegetable salads keep weight down.
Sprouted salads keep your nails strong and hair lustrous.
Salads keep the diseases away from our body.
Green salads are extremely low in calories and help to regulate metabolism in the body.
Hi, I am 29 years old and I have a 6 months old baby. I would like to check if I can take an I pill contraceptive incase if I have had an intercourse without protection. I am also breast feeding my baby. Kindly help to clarify.
How many meals should you really have in a day?
With the advancement in nutritional science, researchers have realised that lesser gap between meals means lesser-stored fat which in turn also helps to control blood sugar, boost metabolism and aids in weight management. After three hours of a meal our blood sugar starts falling and after four hours the digestion is complete. After 5 hours we are ready to gobble up whatever comes in our way as the body is looking for a way to refuel. This may lead to consuming high-calorie food.
Eating at regular intervals can save you from binging, keep your blood sugar level stable and help you stay energised. Also, digestion itself is work for the body and the activity leads to burning calories. However, one needs to be careful and not consume very high-calorie meals as that would increase the risk of chronic diseases.
Since everybody is different, there cannot be a set number of meals prescribed for everyone. It depends on when a person feels hungry and how that person would like to deal with it. But you need to understand your body's need for replenishment and provide the nourishment it requires. Hence, according to your body's requirement you should have small meals at short intervals which could range from six to eight in a day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.