Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu AhujaYour feedback matters!
I'm trying to conceive for four months. Regular periods. Tried in most fertile days. Can I use vitafem table as vitamin table or any other table prescribe me to conceive soon.
I am taking novelon medicine daily at sharp 9: 00 pm but today I get late nd I take. Medicine at 9: 08 pm .is it dangerous? Or any other effect on me ?or it is safe? May I carry my regular novelon medicine?
Dear sir My wife is facing periods problem from past few months and also this month already completed 1month 20days still periods not happened so we both of thought may be will happen pregnant then we checked pregnancy test yesterday but there is also negative result. May be this kind of periods problem will be effect for future pregnancy please let me know. She got married with me 6 month before. Please help me on this issue. Because she looking for family plan but her periods is major problem. Kindly cooperate.
I am married, I am suffering from vagina white discharge 24 hours .I have a baby also but I am worried about that it can harm my body or not.
Hi I am 25 married before 7 months, I got pregnant in October 2015 and got abortion in 40 days then again I was pregnant in March 2016 and aborted in 35 days, I checked urine pregnancy test, also hcg it was positive in both time. I want to know is this normal or not, why such bad things happen to me. We are planing for baby. Please help me regard this. I am 82kgs and height 168cm I am over weight please give me diet chart and exercise to reduce weight.
I am 27 years old married an year back I had an abortion of 3 months pregnancy 5 years back as it is my second marriage all the tests are also normal but still unable to conceive. Please suggest me for the same.
Which exercise are suitable for a cesarian delivery? And after how many month can she continue her physical relation with her husband?
Why does a girl becomes fatty after marriage. What may be the reason. And what precautions must be taken after aborting twice. Now I am planning for a baby. Twice abortion was a gap between one year. Can I conceive now.
The placenta is a link between you and your baby during pregnancy. It helps your baby to grow normally by providing it with food and oxygen. When the placenta is not able to do its work properly, the condition is called placental insufficiency or dysfunction.
Placental insufficiency is a serious complication of pregnancy and can happen when the placenta does not develop properly or is damaged. If this condition develops, the baby doesn’t get the nutrition and oxygen it needs to grow and can develop complications like low birth weight, premature birth, and birth defects. The mother can also develop dangerous complications if it’s left undiagnosed. Thus placental insufficiency must be diagnosed as early into the pregnancy to avoid these complications.
Causes of placental insufficiency
Actually, placental insufficiency is a blood flow disorder which happens due to a reduction in the mother’s blood supply. It can be triggered by vascular disorders, medications, lifestyle and the following:
- Chronic hypertension
- Blood clotting disorders
- Serious anemia
- Blood thinners
- Drug abuse
Other causes of placental insufficiency are cases where the placenta doesn’t attach properly to the uterine wall or if the placenta breaks away from it.
Unfortunately, there are no symptoms of this dangerous condition in the mother except that she may notice that the size of her uterus is smaller than in previous pregnancies. She may also notice that the fetus is moving less than before. As far as symptoms of placental abruption or disruption go, there may be vaginal bleeding or pre-term labour contractions. In case placental insufficiency is not diagnosed, the mother can experience a serious fatal condition called Preeclampsia, which means high BP and protein in the urine as well as disruption of the placenta and pre-term birth. The picture for the baby is pretty dim too. The earlier placental insufficiency happens, the more grave the risk for the baby. The baby can suffer from:
- Cerebral palsy and learning disabilities
- Low body temperature
- Low blood sugar
- Premature birth
- Cesarean delivery
Placental insufficiency can’t be cured, but it can be managed. Once diagnosed, it can be managed through proper prenatal care like treating maternal high blood pressure or diabetes, education on preeclampsia and ways to self-monitor for the disease, frequent doctor visits, bed rest to conserve energy for the baby and consultation with a specialist. These can improve the baby’s chances of normal growth.
Proper prenatal care of pregnant women is thus, very important as it can diagnose placental insufficiency early. A simple ultrasound can diagnose this dangerous condition by measuring the baby's size and growth, and assessing the size and placement of the placenta. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and is a rich source of minerals and vitamins including vitamin a, b12 and e; calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium. It has loads of living chlorophyll and also contains many antioxidants. Following are 11 of the many benefits of this amazing plant called wheatgrass -
1. Wonderful healer: wheatgrass heals effectively for the presence of proteins, minerals and amino acids. The chlorophyll content of wheatgrass helps in building blood cells.
2. Anti-ageing agent: the enzymes present in wheatgrass decay superoxide radicals present in human body to control age-causing factors, thus slowing down the ageing process.
3. Colon cleaner: the crude form of chlorophyll has cleansing effect on colon. It also helps in curtailing the development of harmful bacteria. Liquefied wheatgrass renews colon tissues to make them healthier.
4. Skin soother: application of wheatgrass paste or juice on skin cures it of dryness, burning sensation, itching, infection or even insect bites.
5. Sinus decongestant: the insertion of wheatgrass packs inside the sinuses dries it up and decongests it within a day. It throws out the toxins from the body and neutralizes their negative effect.
6. Energy provider: the starch present in wheatgrass gets transformed into simple sugars and renders quick energy on intake. Wheatgrass juice can be consumed by athletes for its rapid assimilation and release of energy.
7. Fertility restorer: the magnesium content in wheatgrass gives rise to friendly enzymes that help in the revival of sex hormones.
8. Body deodorizer: juice of wheatgrass can be effectively used as body deodorant.
9. Dental healer: daily intake of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay and renders relief from dental infection and toothache.
10. Hair vitalizer: application of wheatgrass juice to scalp and hair roots prevents hair fall, dandruff and delays graying.
11. Pain reliever: scientific evidences have shown that consumption of wheatgrass helped in minimizing pain of cancer patients going through chemotherapy without interfering with the efficacy of the treatment.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Hi doctor, my wife is pregnant from last 3 months. I would like to know that till how many months of pregnancy we can have physical relation?
I had a small ball lump grown on my clitiorious and one at the bottom of my vagina near my bum. I have other places on the vagina that have little rashes with small bumps on them. Im scared and need too know if it genteal warts etc. If I send a pic can you tell me?
The post-partum period is the first few (usually six) weeks after delivering the baby. Sex might be the last thing you think of during this time. Sexual desires might decrease due to the following:
- Healing from the incision (in case of a vaginal delivery)
- Cesarean birth healing (abdominal incisions)
- Fatigue caused by the whole birthing process and pregnancy
- Stress caused by the newly born baby (especially more so in case of triplets or twins)
- Shifts in the hormonal levels
- Breastfeeding related breast sores
- Emotional difficulties such as parenting anxiety, relationship problems with the baby’s father
- Postpartum blues
After the incision (if any) has fully healed along with the delicate vaginal tissues, it is generally safer to have intercourse. It might take a few weeks for the healing process to fully complete. The doctor will be able to give a more personal advice on when it is ok to start having sex again. Usually in case of a normal delivery, the waiting period is 6 weeks. The emotional readiness and physical comfort is extremely important as well. In a lot of cases it might take up to a year for normal sex life of the couple to resume again.
Also, there is a common misconception amongst many couples that during the postpartum period, having a baby again isn’t possible. Condoms should be used if you aren’t abstaining from sex in the postpartum period. This helps in avoiding an unplanned pregnancy and the complications that can arise from two successive deliveries.
The body goes through a lot of changes after giving birth. Low libido affects the sex drive. The body needs time to recuperate and might not be ready for sex immediately after giving birth as it switches itself to give care for the new born. A break is often necessary as the body and mind heal.
Vaginal dryness in the postpartum weeks is also very common. Lube and lots of it can help. The vagina, in the initial weeks, stretches out quite a bit. It slowly starts returning to its original contracted state as the muscles become tight again.
It’s also important to remember that you can be intimate with your partner after you give birth to a baby, without having sex. Body contact and cuddles are ways of expressing your affection towards your partner. Love doesn’t need to be dependent on sex! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.