Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. MadanYour feedback matters!
doctor how to get cure from sinus naturally? I have severe head ache. Cough.tension. Depression.sudden angry.
Hello there sir I am totally irritate because I feel I am depressed and always come bad thing on my mind like suicidal thought fear of death and at night I have vertigo problem and I have also insomnia problem sir please plz suggest me anything I'll gonna be mad.
I am 23 years old male. I feel like falling down, while standing suddenly after sitting for some time. I hold something and stand for a few seconds to control myself from falling. What should I do?
Hi, I have bone spurs/ Osteophytes in the neck which is causing dizziness and loss of balance. Please suggest as appropriate Thanks Kishore.
Hello two days back I went to swimming n skimmed for for hours, after that my left ear got blocked now at present I am not able to hear clearly. So please help me regarding this.
I have a dull pain in right side of stomach sometimes, my esr is 37. I am having tonsil stones and gas problem. So what is the problem?
I have lost my smelling ability past 3 years. Now all the odors became near to same for me. I knew that I lost my smelling ability. Is this very dangerous.
I'm feeling sick from last to day Since I sometimes feel headache. I am also having throat pain, tried multiple home remedies but didn't worked, what to do? Please help me!
Good morning I am DR Rajput, Pulmonologist. I deal with the respiratory disease which include Asthma, COPD and sleep apnea. The sleep disorder, sleep apnea is very common these days. People snore and they do not know that they have a disease.
I am going to talk about, "Why do people snore and how it affects your health?"
You know the structure. We breath through nose and we eat through mouth. There is a pasaage in the neck behind the tongue where the food and the air we inhale pass through it. But when we sleep, our posture changes due to which muscles get relaxed and makes the passage narrow. Then the tongue drops and makes it further narrow. If you are over weight, due to the neck fat, the passage gets further narrow. So, when the air passes through the narrow passage, it produces snoring. The stage beyond snoring when the two valves in the neck meet each other, the air flow stops and cause Apnea. When the air flow stops, the oxygen level in the body goes down, the brain gets aroused and sends the signal to these muscles and then you ultimately snot and this snotting opens the passage a bit. So, this repeatedly occur in the night and this results in oxidative stress. BEcause 1/3rd of your life, you are sleeping, i.e, 8 hours out of 24 hours.
So, during sleep, if the air flow is less which is called Hypopnea, the air flow stops is called Apnea. This leads to Endothelial dysfunction, which leads to High blood pressure, diabetes, cardiac problems.
So, it is important to know about Sleep Apnea and its relation to lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, cardio vascular diseases.
The diagnosis is very simple these days which is Polysomnography. It is a sleep study in which we record the brain EEG, EOG, EMG, air flow, snoring, oxygen saturation ECG. This gives an index which is called Apnea Hypopnea Index. If the Index is more than 5 than you have to be treated.
The commonest treatment which is available these days is the CPAP Therapy. CPAP is a very simple therapy. There is a mask which fits on the nose and it is connected to a hose pipe to a machine. The machine gives pressure to the air and this pressure splints this air way and the air flow is maintained. Oxygenation maintains, snoring stops and oxidative stress dissapears. This helps in controlling blood pressure, the diabetes become normal and the risk of cardio vacular problems decreases.
Thank you very much for listening to me.
If you want to consult us, come to our clinic or contact through Lybrate.
Is Septoplasty the only way to correct deviated nasal septum. What is the cost involved. Thanks in advance.
I'm 36 have blocked nose which tablet would give instant relief. What can I do to avoid massive congestion or breathing hassle as for quick relief.
Hi. My left ear lobe has got cut/open. Can I get it sutured? please let m know the procedure n recovery time needed?
A stuffed up nose and pressure on our cheekbones can often mean you have acute sinusitis. Acute sinusitis, also called acute rhinosinusitis, is a short-term infection or inflammation of the membranes that line your sinuses. It prevents mucus from draining from your nose.
What Causes Acute Sinusitis?
Illnesses and conditions that can cause acute sinusitis include:
- bacterial upper respiratory tract infections
- fungal sinus infections
- allergies that cause mucus production in the sinuses
- lack of cilia motility, caused by disease (cilia are the small hairs located in your sinuses that move to push mucus out of your sinuses)
- nasal polyps or tumors
- deviated nasal septum
- enlarged or infected adenoids
- infected tooth (in rare cases bacteria can spread from the infected tooth to the sinuses)
- cystic fibrosis (a disease that causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the body)
Symptoms of acute sinusitis include:
- nasal congestion
- thick, yellow, or green mucus discharge from the nose
- sore throat
- a cough (usually worse at night)
- drainage of mucus in the back of your throat
- pain, pressure, or tenderness behind your eyes, nose, cheeks, or forehead
- bad breath
- reduced sense of smell
- reduced sense of taste
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.