Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M ShakirYour feedback matters!
Is there any issues on having sex twice or thrice a day daily with a condom is this harmful for health or what?
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes. You can also take the package for Having Safe Sex.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
I am 27 years. I have weak erection , some times good erection , but most time I have weak erection, I recently married. Give some solution .
I have been bitten by a street dog on 2nd august 2016. I have been getting anti rabies vaccines which is a 5 shots dose. Only the last dose which is a booster is left. Am I safe ? Can I kiss my husband ? Am I now safe in my sex life ?
I am a 20 year old boy and I am suffering from nightfall from last 1 year. Sonetimes it occurs twice or thrice in a month and sometimes once or twice in a week. I want to get rid of it. What should I do. It is very irritating and after it I also feel drizzy and headache on the back side. Please help.
I am a married person I have sex with my wife is there any problem if she takes my penis in mouth. I don't allow her to do that 90% of the times.
If I had a sex 6 months ago with someone without using protection, then is there any possibility that there will be problems in future for having sex like AIDS or some other sex disease if I will have sex with my wife in future.
I am unable to pull down my foreskin of genital area and finding pain while intercourse and while foreplay it comes down with a lot of pain and later it takes a lot of time to get back to the normal with unbearable pain please suggest me to be cured at the earliest.
Does masturbation affects the weight of a man. Does it make a man skinny. Or doe it make skin dark and wrinkles in face. Does masturbation make you unsleepy.
Warts are benign growths on the skin. They are hard in nature and are caused due to virus infection. Warts usually infect the upper layer of the skin. This virus is generally passed through a cut in the skin or a damaged skin. If a person with a cut or a damaged skin comes in contact with another infected person, then the virus may spread rapidly. There are different kinds of warts depending on the areas they grow on.
Below mentioned are eight remedies to get rid of warts:
- Try to be hygienic: Warts may pass from one body part to another. So do not touch the infected parts of your skin several times. Make sure to wash your hands with clean water every time you touch the infected areas.
- Eat healthy: Make sure to eat healthy, exercise and sleep well as this will help you to develop a strong immune system. A strong immune system can help you to get rid of warts.
- Garlic: A paste made of garlic can be very useful for treating warts.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice has great healing powers for treating warts. It contains vitamin C which can destroy the viruses causing warts.
- Using lukewarm water: Soaking the infected parts of your body in lukewarm water will soften the warts and help you to get rid of them too.
- Laser therapy: Laser therapy can also help you to get rid of warts. In some cases, it might require anesthesia.
- Oils: Applying essential oils on the affected areas can also prove to be very helpful. You can use oils like tea tree oil or bergamot oil.
- Acetic acid: Acetic acid can also help you to get rid of your warts, especially from the areas of your feet or hand.
Apart from the remedies mentioned above, you can also consider special surgeries for removing warts after consulting a dermatologist.