Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Shaeed
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M ShaeedYour feedback matters!
Iam 27 yrs old, suffering from infertility problems like pcos, unicornute uterus. Wat are my chances of getting pregnant?
I yake tension for silly reason n my bp gets rise up n I have a very killing pain in my left hand so wht should I do.
Understanding and addressing female sexual dysfunctions
Whether the woman is willing to deliberately find or be receptive to sexual stimuli, depends on any factors that affect her motivation, many other factors will influence her arousability, notable the processing of sexual information in her mind. Both psychological and biological factors are involved they are inherently blended. External and internal stressors alter the immune system, neurological and hormonal physiology.If the woman becomes aroused and desires and she finds the state enjoyable, the arousal may increase in intensity and she senses a need for sexual satisfaction. If the outcome is positive both physically and emotionally, future sexual motivation is increased. This type of cycle underscores the biopsychosocial nature of sexual function of a woman and thereof dysfunction which is important for understanding the potential treatment protocols in female sexual dysfunctions.
Since it is impossible to specify with any degree of precision when a â sexual problem or complaint should be diagnosed as dysfunction, it is crucial that the clinics judgment be taken into account in addition to the womens report of distress. Contextual and interpersonal factors must be considered in order to make a complete diagnosis.
Importance of addressing sexual complaints with a physician
sexual complaints may be the result of:
- medical conditions
- medications with sexual side effects
- psychological and interpersonal issues
Intimacy based female. Sexual response cycle
So what is female sexual dysfunction?
Female sexual dysfunction involves any problem from any phase of sexual response cycle that prevents an individual or couple from experiencing satisfaction from sexual activity. It includes disorder of desire, arousal, orgasm and pain.
Categories of female sexual dysfunction
- Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction
- Fsd risk factorshypertension
- smoking & substance abuse
- previous pelvic surgery
- past psychological trauma
Causes of female sexual dysfunction
Medication that may adversely affect sexual function
Certain medical conditions can increase the risk
- Condition-effects on sexual function
- depression-decreased desire
- diabetes-impaired arousal and orgasm
- thyroid disease-decreased desire
- cardiovascular disease-impaired arousal
- neurologic diseases-impaired arousal and orgasmâ
- androgen insufficiency-decreased desire
- estrogen deficiency- impaired arousal
Comprehensive sexual assessment
- Nature of problem
- duration of problem
- primary or secondary
- situational or generalized
- relationship problems
- sexual problems in partner
- history of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse
General treatment guidelines
- Education -anatomy, sexual function, effects of pregnancy, menopause & aging
- enhancing stimulation -erotic materials, encouraging communication during sexual activity
- distraction techniques - fantasy, kegel exercises with intercourse, background music or television
- encouraging non-coital behaviours, sensate focus exercise
- minimize pain - positional, lubricants, warm baths,biofeedback, prior to intercourse
- treatment depends on the cause, if organic, appropriate medical/surgical interventions along with sex counselling. If psychogenic then¨psychotherapy/sex therapy/ marital therapy or cbt can be used.
- lifestyle modification should be included in all cases.
Determinants of sexual desire in women
- reproducible measurement devices and instruments for evaluating physiological female sexual response
- clinical trials of vasoactive agents ¨and other medical treatments
- physician awareness and competency in female sexual dysfunction
Treatment option on the horizon
- nitric oxide delivery systems
- dopamenergic agonist
- flibanserin (addyi)
- drugs useful for reducing pain in¨sexual pain disorder (gabapentin)
Holistic approach for management
Most successful treatments for fsd are psychophysiological, physiological change circularly interacts with psychological change. The many psychological factors that motivate a woman to begin her sexual experience must always be kept in the forefront.Since a psychological treatment does impact sexual physiology,we need to continue to develop psychological approaches for intellectual interest and out of respect for the choices of patients preference.Prescription of a physiological treatment which ignores the ¨fact that human sexuality is infused with individual meaning may invite further interference with sexual functioning.