Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.S Ali
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. M.S AliYour feedback matters!
For a diabetic patient with type 2, how often it is required to check the blood glucose? Is random check will do as a regular check up once in three months? Thanks in AdvanceSathish.
3 days ago I had high fever 103° Headache ; weakness ; no appetite ; dehydration These conditions have been prevailing since I ate paracetamol and chronic Syrup but hasn't shown any results yet Pls. I'm getting weaker help_.
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long-term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important?
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But, good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphilis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also, the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
I have had 2 miscarriages in 2009 n 2011 in the past before that I had a daughter who is 11 now. Both the miscarriagestook placebetween thhe 13-17 weeks n the foetus had no heart best. What is the reason for this ? Should I try to conceive again ?
How to reduce belly fat without losing weight? I am 27 years old and my weight is 46 kg. Please suggest some home remedies for losing belly fat.
Dear Dr, I am 54 years old suffering from disc problem/low back pain. Kindly convey whether I shall use soft or hard bed mattresses to minimise my pain.
Hello sar I have a back pain and I can't lift any weight with my two hands I am 18 years old please provide medicine for me.
Sir mujhe diabetes hain to my abhi jaha par rahraha hu waha par temperature -40° hain to mujhe kuch use advise dijiye ki my apni health banake rakhu.
Soft drinks are the highest consumed beverage across the globe. From young children to the elderly, soft drinks are everyone's favorite. Some people even prefer to drink soft drinks than water. You may think of soft drinks as a tastier alternative to water but it doesn’t really have the same effects nor is it healthy. While water is necessary for the human body, soft drinks can be quite harmful. Let’s take a look at some of the bad effects of these colorful drinks.
- Soft drinks can make you put on weight: Soft drinks are one of the leading causes of weight gain. Sodas are rich in sugar that has a high calorific value without any nutrition. One soft drink can have as much as 10 spoons of sugar. This not only makes you put on weight but can also lead to lifestyle diseases. Consuming so much sugar in one go can cause a blood sugar spike and cause an insulin reaction. Over time, this can lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. The day you stop drinking soft drinks, you will begin to feel lighter and healthier.
- Soft drinks can dehydrate your body: You may drink soda to relieve your thirst but soda can dehydrate your body. In the long run, this can make your skin lose its softness and elasticity. It can make your skin age much faster than normal. As a result of dehydration, your hair may also turn brittle and begin to fall out.
- Soft drinks can damage your teeth and bones: Soft drinks have a very high pH level. Thus they are acidic by nature. Thus when soft drinks come in contact with tooth enamel, they can damage it. This may make an existing cavity worse or lead to tooth erosion. They also contain phosphoric acid that has been associated with bone disease and osteoporosis. Phosphorus also binds easily with calcium and when excreted takes the calcium along with it. In this way, the soda you drink can make your bones brittle and weak. This can also make you susceptible to fractures.
- Soft drinks can affect your liver: Drinking excessive amounts of soft drinks can cause liver disease. This is because soft drinks are rich in high fructose corn syrup. Unlike glucose, this type of sugar can only be broken down by the liver. Thus drinking too many soft drinks can trigger the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. It can also cause high cholesterol levels and make your blood pressure fluctuate.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!