Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M N GuptaYour feedback matters!
Diabetic Non Proliferate Retinopathy. Taking Cineraria Maritima, without alcohol, eye drops 3 times a day since 1 month. Initially sticky discharge from eyes, now much less. Also Dr. Reckeweg No 34 10drops thrice a day. How long should I continue?
Mere aankh me dard, check ke Muscle me bohut pain ho rha ulti jaise maan kar rha kya Kru jo thik ho jayegA.
I am 18 years female and I have a severe headache, I mean my eyes pains whenever I see something for long and due to this my head also pains. Please help me.
I have dark circles around eyes, tell me some home remedies. I have some hair fall to, tell me how to get longer hair.
I am suffering from myopia for 4yrs Rt eye -1.25 Lt eye -0.5 I wear specs rarely as one eye is normal Recently I checked refraction and optometrist told you have to use cylindrical lens What is the cause for it?
My mother is 54 years old suffering with diabetes mellitus type -II .I observed her eye vision is very poor. How to improve eye visibility on diabetic patients?
Hello, My mother aged 65 had left eye blood bleeding and took 3 Avastin injections on 29/04/2014 and now she has problem viewing and doctor said it's because water leakage please suggest what should be done. Thank you.
What is the reason behind Tearing from eyes in the night while sleeping and I use systane eye drops for about 2 months.
I am 22 years old. I have sight since 10 years. Now it is -8. I want to take laser treatment as a permanent solution. It is getting delayed due to some reasons. Do I have to take the treatment quickly or Can I delay it. Will it take to other eye Problems. Can You tell me how much does it cost to take permanent solution for my eyes.
Lutein and zeaxanthin are the Prdominant Carotenoids in corn, Accounting for approximately 70% of aain the human retina , the light –Senstive inner Surface of the eye, Where they protect against oxidative damage caused by blue light. High levels of these carotenoids in the blood are strongly linked with reduced risk of both macular degeneration and cataracts.
2. Kiwi fruit
Macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in older adults. 3 or more serving of kiwi fruit per day is proved to decrease macular degeneration by 36 percent. This is thought to be associated with the kiwi’s high levels of lutien and zeaxanthin-both of Which are natural chemical found in the human eye.
Resveratol present in grapes can protect against diabetic neuropathy and retinopathy , conditions caused by poorly controlled diabetes where vision is severely affected . it reduces the effects of natural changes and damage associated with diabetic neuropathy .
Spinach is a rich source of riboflavin and thiamine as well as pigments like lutein , beta carotene, chlorophyllin and xanthenes. Spinach is thus very good for the maintenance of healthy eyes, cardiovasculat system , and nervous system.Beta carotene and lutein in spinach help maintain healthy eyes and prevent the occurrence of eye disorders like itchy eyes ,dry eyes ulcers. Lutein is also a powerful antioxidant that help prevent cataract . Lutein and Xanthene also help prevent macular degeneration caused by ageing .
Orange contains vitamins A and other anti-oxidents such as alpha carotene, bata –carotene , beta- cryptoxathin , Zea –Xanthin, fibre, phyto- nutrients and lutein ,. All these Phyto- chemical are good for eye and eye vision.
6. Green peas
Fresh green peas carry adequate amounts of anti- oxidents flavonoids such as carotenes, lutein and Zea – xanthin as well as vitamins –A
Papaya is good for your eyes due to the presence of antioxidents like vitamins A,C, and E. it also contains carotenoids, lutein and Zeaxanthin that provide protection against high energy blue light that can damage the retina of your eyes. They also protect against developing cataract , glaucoma and other chronic eye diseases .
Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene , lutein and beta – carotene , powerful antioxidents that have been shown to protect the eyes against light- induced damage associate with the development of cataracts and age – related macular degeneration ( AMD). The Age Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS) recently found that people with high dietary intake of lutein and Zeaxanthin ( both carotenoids found in tomatoes ) had a 35 percent reduction in the risk of neovascular AMD.
Carrots are rich in beta- carotene , Which is converted into vitamin A in liver. Vitamin A is transformed is the retina, to rhodopsin , a Purple pigment necessary for night vision. Beta- carotene has also been shown to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts.
Amla helps to improve and preserve the eyesight . It is rich in Vitamin C, thus helps you attain a better vision . This Vitamin rich berry also strenghthen the eye muscles . Another major benefit of amla is that it prevents cataract . Amla Powefully inhibits the free radicls, Which are one of the sources of cataract .
Carotenoids that are found in green beans can also prevent muscular degeneration ,Which is a decrease in vision and eye function . Lutein and Zeaxanthin are focused at the macula on the eye , and play a key role in preventing any stress to the inner workings of the eye . Ensuring that these carotenoid levels stay strong to prevent vision deterioration is one of the many benefits of including green beans in balanced diet.
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Usually when I fet up from the bed, I start having my nerves pain for a while. And I always have swollen eyes forever. please help my out with some suggestions!
I have sticky eyes all the day and my sight has gone little blurry. I wear specs having no. 0.75 (both).
I am suffering from myopia and have been using glasses from almost 5 years now. I m tired of it. The power is draining continuously. Its -1.75D(right) & -1.50D(left). I want to improve my vision. Wat should i do?
Hi Doc, Actually KERATOCONUS has been find in my Right eye. Due to this my power has been increased by -2 frm -0.5 in two years (I was not regular in using specs). My vision is absolutely clear right now, and one of Doc advice me to wait for 2 months therefore one is suggesting to take R3 surgery. Do I go for it? pls suggest as per my own understanding it will not good to have any surgery, but docs knows well. So pls suggest:( Thank You.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.