Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M M Kaur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M M KaurYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy can treat tumors (ganglion) with natural medicines only. The treatment can help you avoid the surgeon’s knife.
The remedies are prescribed after taking the complete details of the symptoms of disease and the patient which includes personal details, family details, and mental state of the patient thus knowing the complete personality of a patient.
There are 37 remedies which give great relief in ganglion or bible cyst. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgement on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus medicines are tailor made unlike allopathy in which all patients receive the same surgery or drugs although trade name may be different.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many-a-times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
- A 2009 study from the University of California shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic by-products.
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
What is it?
Tooth whitening lightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. Most dentists perform tooth whitening. Whitening is not a one time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain the brighter color.
What it is used for?
The outer layer of the tooth is called the enamel. The color of natural teeth is created by the reflection and scattering of light off the enamel, combined with the color of the dentin under it. Your genes affect the thickness and smoothness of the enamel. Thinner enamel allows more of the color of the dentin to show through. Having smoother or rougher enamel also affects the reflection of light and therefore the color.
Every day, a thin coating (pellicle) forms on the enamel and picks up stains. Tooth enamel also contains pores that can hold stains. The most common reasons for teeth to get yellow or stained are:
- Using tobacco
- Drinking dark colored liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
- Not taking good care of your teeth
Aging makes teeth less bright as the enamel gets thinner and the dentin becomes darker. It is also possible to have stains inside the tooth. These are called intrinsic stains. For example, intrinsic stains can be caused by exposure to too much fluoride as a child while teeth are developing. Other causes include tetracycline antibiotics. They can stain a child's teeth if taken by a mother during the second half of pregnancy or by a child who is 8 years old or younger. Teeth are still developing during these years. Trauma can also darken a tooth and tooth whitening is the most effective way to treat on surface (extrinsic) stains.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend. Its been 15 days and her periods is supposed to start somewhere between 2nd to 5th of december. Is there any natural method to terminate pregnancy in case if she is. Or if she is pregnant then what medicine is required to terminate pregnancy. Please guide me in this matter.
My wife gone thrgh c-section two years back now she is feeling the pain inside just above the line. One month back she felt burning pain above line only on right side. Please advise.
I am trying to conceive since 4 years. Done 3 back to back iui. All failed. Now I am going for MINI IVF TREATMENT. I want to know what is the success rate of MINI IVF TREATMENT?
Ancient wisdom for healthy modern life:
The longest, healthy living individuals throughout history who lived to 80, 90 and even 100-plus years of age lived without suffering from obesity, diabetes, heart disease, dementia, osteoporosis or cancer.
They never knew the concept of good fats, bad fats, low carb diets, glycaemic index, or any other modern health.
What they were eating?
- The best available data suggest ancestors obtained about 35% of their dietary energy from natural fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein. Saturated fats contributed approximately 7.5% of total energy.
- Now indian diet is made up of upto 60 to 70% of carbohydrates and most of it is refined carbohydrates where as our ancestors carbohydrates were complex non starchy like fruits and vegetables.
- Now there is phobia against fats since 1960.
- All fats are not bad.
- Natural fats are healthy and it's required for good physical and brain health.
- Only processed oils are not good.
What was the timing of our ancestor's eating?
- They were mostly eating between dawn to dusk.
- In ancient rome, dinner was called" cena" and was the main meal of the day. It was taken late in the afternoon or when the sun started going down.
- With no electricity, cooking dinner in the evening was not an option.
- Till 19th century, lunch was dinner and dinner was lunch.
- The whole day was structured differently than it is today.
- People got up much earlier and went to bed much earlier.
- Today people have dinner at 9 pm to 10 pm and snack in the evening.
- If we have 500 to 600 calories in dinner and goes to sleep after 1 to 2 hrs, where the energy goes? it gets stored as fat.
- Data says almost 70% of all ice cream is consumed after 6pm.
- If we keep on snacking without giving 12 to 15 hrs rest to our gastrointestinal system, how it can be a healthy habit?
- It's against our evolution.
- Our environment has changed dramatically, from hunter-gatherer to agriculture to industrial revolution to technological era.
- In past 50-100 yrs we saw huge changes in food and eating habits.
- Our genes require 100s of 1000s of years to evolve haven't been able to keep up to sudden changes.
- Only 10% of our genes have adapted in past 10000 years 90% have not.
- Our genes haven't fully adjusted to these.
- Discrepancy between genes and modern environment= chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertention, obesity and cancers.
In this campaign, I will further address ancient food secrets, habits, exercises which kept them healthy and how we can use them to modern life.
#ancient wisdom # modern life #health# wellness #