Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M M Amir AlamYour feedback matters!
Hello sir jalquing exercise is really useful or not and these exercise increase a erection angle? How much duration is enough and befits if jalquing exercise tell me sir?
Hello sir, its a serious problem sir please look after this problem. My sex life is not active. I want to increase my penis length, seriously. And I also have a problem of early fall of sperm please give some solutions.?
Mujhe masturbation ki bahut jyda adat pad gai hai kya is se chutkara pana sambvhah hai Please iska koi ilaz bateye.
I am 23 years. Last day I got diagnosed and my scan result show that" inverted measures 6 *2.2 *2.1 cm with normal myo and endometrium (6 mm). The cervix is grossly normal-Rt ovary 2.1*1.4 cm Lt ovary 2.3 * 1.5 cm both normal in size with polystic appearance ovaries -no dominant follicles-follicles 2-3 mm located peripherally with central ecogenic stroma' What it means? Will it affect my pregnancy. I weigh 78 kg.
Hello Good Morning Doctors Can anyone help me Suffering from tinnitus from the past 5 years Could you please prescribe any medicine for this or to reduce the symptoms. Of tinnitus Iws once exposed to loud noise. Is cortisteriod safe for tinnitus and hearing loss Reply pls Thanks in advance.
How much longer the effect of cannabis stays if its tasted for the first time? My weight is 78.9 kgs height 5.9 and age 21+. How should I get rid of the effects of indian cannabis as soon as possible. Please suggest.
Hi, I am 27 years, MY urine test report. Urine :104 mg and creatinine: 14, and doctors told me your kidney seems very small and weak and You have to replace. Is there any possible for strengthening of my existing kidney in any allopathic or homeopathic.
Hi, I am male, 39, I have got red rashes, very itchy, on my penis collar and head and scrotum. I am also itching on my inner thighs but got no rashes there. I also have a few slight dark patches on my thighs near my genitals. Can I use canesten all over these areas?
Yeah im suffering from bawasir since from from last 1000 years and cold fever fr9m last 50 dayzz plzz help me im eating garlic kuftey.
My father had a bypass surgery 2 years ago. What should be his life style food habits? Is there any chance of further blockage?
I am 30 years old male, got matrons before 1 month. While having intercourse with my wife, after insertion my Penis getting soft. Not hard as outside. Is this a problem. After sex semen coming out of my wife vagina. How long I should insert to make my wife conceive.
I am 55 years young, male, healthy, looks younger to my age, having medicine for diabetics, bp, cholesterol and a family history of heart attack. I would appreciate if you kindly inform me whether or not any negative effect on my sexual life with the medicines I am having for the above alignments.
I am suffering from fever since last 2 days but am not able to find medical response so I am very poor bhjsj please help me.
I have problem of urticater (skin allergy) due to which almost in gap of 7 days I have to suffer from this diseases. It last for approx 35 hours and gradually it vanish without taking any medicine. So how to avoid this please help.
What is Palpitation?
Palpitation is a feeling of awareness of your own heart beat. It is usually described as heart rate being either too fast (racing), too slow or a sensation of missing a beat.
Types of palpitations?
- These palpitations occur as a response to physical or mental stress like exercise, fever, pain, fear, anxiety etc.
- They are harmless and settle on their own once the precipitating factors disappear. They do not require any medical treatment.
- These palpitations occur due to some underlying abnormality in either the structure of heart or the beating of heart.
- These can be dangerous and at times life threatening. They may or may not settle on their own and require some medical treatment.
Warning signs that suggest palpitations are abnormal?
Palpitations are abnormal, if they are associated with chest heaviness, chest pain, uneasiness, sweating, weakness, giddiness, feeling of black out, fainting, nausea, vomiting, seizures. Palpitations are more likely to be abnormal in people who have some existing heart disease and these patients should report to their doctor at the earliest.
What to do during palpitations?
- Stay calm.
- Call for help. If u are alone avoid driving, use a taxi or auto, go to your nearest hospital/doctor and try to get an ECG during the palpitations. If you are helping someone having palpitations, if they faint, call for help, start CPR if they remain unresponsive and take them to the nearest hospital.
Which doctor can treat palpitations?
Doctors who specialise in the treatment of palpitations are called Electrophysiologists. They specialise in heart rhythm and are capable of performing a variety of complex tests to identify and treat different types of palpitations.
Which investigations are used to diagnose palpitations?
- ECG: Taken during palpitations and when the patient is normal is a very helpful tool.
- Holter: Externally applied recorder, which continuously records heart rhythm for 24 hrs.
- ELR: Extended loop recorder, is like holter, but it records rhythm for longer durations.
- ILR: Internal loop recorder is attached within the body for recording rhythm for long duration.
- EPS: Electrophysiology study, is the most sure shot test to diagnose, identify and treat Palpitations.
What is EPS?
EPS stands for Electrophysiology study. By this test a trained Electrophysiologist studies the conduction and formation system of heart beat, to understand the source, cause and type of palpitation. It is a simple and safe procedure of 2 to 3 hours and can be done as a day care procedure (by admitting the patient for a few hours in hospital, with discharge on same day).
It requires fasting for 4 hrs, some standard blood investigations and is done with local anaesthesia and if required it can be combined with treatment like ablation in the same sitting.In the procedure Electrophysiologist take catheters into your heart to study and stimulate the palpitations and understand them. Once found they can use various techniques to stop the palpitations, the techniques are called Ablation.
What are the treatment options available for palpitations?
There are many options depending upon the nature of palpitations and condition of the patient:
- Drug therapy
- Cardioversion where either a drug or electric shock is given to stop palpitations immediately.
- Ablations using many sophisticated computer softwares
- Device Therapy like ICD (Internal cardiac defibrillator)
- Combination of all the above therapies.