Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M. Lal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M. LalYour feedback matters!
I have black spots and pimples on face, what should I do to remove this and I also want to look my skin fair. Please suggest me any treatment or home remedies or ayurvedic treatment.
I have a serious problem with my hair. I've been consulting many doctors but it was of no use. please help me out of this problem. I've a loss of hair at my forehead. It started to me from my intermediate level.
I am 35 year, my penis for skin is going tight and cracking when I try to pull back, felling pain. I confused that to whom I consult. Urology or skin doctor, kindly advice.
Mam/sir, am 23 years old (female), and I have three major health problems in my life…I tired by these problems. Please help me. 1)I having migraine headache that is I already told you. please suggest me any remedies for this. Now am taking “VASOGRAIN” tablets when I got migraine headache is this right? 2)I having 2nd problem is theres is so much of itching in my organ. Likewise uncontrollably. It is from many years. I just can not bear this itching . By this my clothes are tore every time and after itching so much of burning there. Just I cant bear mam/sir. Please telma solution. 3)The 3rd one is there is so much of dandruff in my scalp and my hairs were falling. I.e 8-10 hairs will fall by root in every time I keep my hand in hairs. And so many hairs are becoming white so please telma the proper solutions please. One more am worried about my young brother he is 13 years old, and he having pits from 2.5 years we treated him by a specialized doctor and they gave some tablets we are giving him it regularly but yet he didn’t get cured. And that pits bothering him every time. I can not see him when he encountered by that. I just can not bear his pains. Before he ddint split when pits occurred but nowadays he is spitting and after that moments the whole day he has to suffer with head ache that like very heavy feel and his head is feels very heavy to him in that time. By this he is unable to focus on studies. Please help me. Please in regarding this case.
Nail fungus is a common condition that begins as a white or yellow spot under the tip of your fingernail or toenail. As the fungal infection goes deeper, nail fungus may cause your nail to discolor, thicken and crumble at the edge. It can affect several nails.
Nail fungus is also called onychomycosis. When fungus infects the areas between your toes and the skin of your feet, it's called athlete's foot.
Causes - Fungal nail infections are caused by various fungal organisms (fungi). The most common cause is a type of fungus called dermatophyte. Yeast and molds also can cause nail infections.
Fungal nail infection can develop in people at any age, but it's more common in older adults. As the nail ages, it can become brittle and dry. The resulting cracks in the nails allow fungi to enter. Other factors — such as reduced blood circulation to the feet and a weakened immune system — also may play a role.
Toenail fungal infection can start from athlete's foot (foot fungus), and it can spread from one nail to another. But it is uncommon to get an infection from someone else.
Symptoms - You may have nail fungus if one or more of your nails are:
- Whitish to yellow-brown discoloration
- Brittle, crumbly or ragged
- Distorted in shape
- A dark color, caused by debris building up under your nail
- Smellling slightly foul
Nail fungus can affect fingernails, but it's more common in toenails.
Risk factors - actors that can increase your risk of developing nail fungus include:
Being older, owing to reduced blood flow, more years of exposure to fungi and slower growing nails
Having a history of athlete's foot
Walking barefoot in damp communal areas, such as swimming pools, gyms and shower rooms
Having a minor skin or nail injury or a skin condition, such as psoriasis
Having diabetes, circulation problems or a weakened immune system
Complications - A severe case of nail fungus can be painful and may cause permanent damage to your nails. And it may lead to other serious infections that spread beyond your feet if you have a suppressed immune system due to medication, diabetes or other conditions.
If you have diabetes, you may have reduced blood circulation and nerve supply in your feet. You're also at greater risk of a bacterial skin infection (cellulitis). So any relatively minor injury to your feet — including a nail fungal infection — can lead to a more serious complication. See your doctor if you have diabetes and think you're developing nail fungus
Homoeopathic remedies give excellent cure for fungus infection of nails. Some of the leading remedies are given below.
- Atimonium crudum 30- is effective for fungus infection of nails, especially toe nails. Horny or split nails. Nails grow slowly out of shape. Horny growth under the nails. The person also suffering from horny warts oh hands and soles. Feet very tender and callosities are seen on soles.
- Silicea 30- silicea is an excellent remedy for affections of the nails, especially if white spots appear on the nails. Nails rough, yellow, crippled, brittle, and having white spots. Ingrowing toe nails with flesh and pus. Finger tips as if suppurating. Finger tips dry, painful at night. Cold feet and arms. Offensive smelling sweat from the feet, hands and armpits is characteristic to silicea.
- Graphites 30- graphites is prescribed when nails become brittle and crumbling. Nails deformed, painful, sore, thick and crippled. Nails thick, rough ingrown. Cracks and fissures are seen on tip of fingers. Feet cod and wet and burning in soles and heels is characteristic.
- Bufo rana 30- bufo rana is effective for panaritium, swelling blue black around nail, pain in streaks up arm.
- Flouric acid 30- flouric acid is best where splinter like pain under the nail is experienced. The nails distorted, crumble, grow rapidly. Longitudinal ridges are seen on the nails. Soreness between the toes. Painful corns are seen.
Prevention - the following habits can help prevent nail fungus or reinfections and athlete's foot, which can lead to nail fungus:
- Wash your hands and feet regularly. Wash your hands after touching an infected nail. Moisturize your nails after washing.
- Trim nails straight across, smooth the edges with a file and file down thickened areas. Disinfect your nail clippers after each use.
- Wear sweat-absorbing socks or change your socks throughout the day.
- Choose shoes made of materials that breathe.
- Discard old shoes or treat them with disinfectants or antifungal powders.
- Wear footwear in pool areas and locker rooms.
- Choose a nail salon that uses sterilized manicure tools for each customer.
- Give up nail polish and artificial nails.