Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. M L SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am Shweta Kochar age 26 years. I was using medasalic cream for whitening of my skin but now my skin is damaging and I can not leave it as it makes my skin again dark. Please help me.
Hello Dr. I was feeling little sick from sunday evening. But today I am having pain in my stomach from morning. I am always having gas problem. Can you pls suggest me something to cure my stomach pain. My age is 23.
I am 39 years married male and having diabetes and high BP from last 4 years from last 7 months I am having problem in erection and early discharge. Please suggest some medicine I have started taking tentex royal of himalaya co. And started massage of himoxil cream of himalaya is it useful or not.
My Problem is falling hair, before last year no more hair loss effected, now it will be increases to bold head. What can I do.
My digestion system is not good from childhood I am facing this problem .I used to go toilet after lunch and dinner .max to Max it takes 2 hour in unloading .I consulted many doctors but still no result .I am underweight and want to put on some weight. What to do to overcome this problem forever? Some points for additional info 1. I don't take any junk food (no oily or dirty street food) 2. No alcoholic or smoker 3.I used to go bed late in the bed around 3 am please suggest some useful tips.
I'm 38 n my weight is 48 kg since 20.How to gain wt? I consume alcohols n smoke often.N now m taking endura mass n revital.Is it OK?
I am 22 years old What to do when we feel lik pain in side the heart that which can not be shown. When ever I am a lone I feel it. What to do to help me out. Please find a way for me.
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.